Thrilled New Group Member & Proud Owner of a 1967 Dart 270

-

Dart_270

Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Casey & I'm an excited new member of this group. I just wanted to say hello as I begin thumbing through the cool and amazing features of For A-Bodies Only.com (FABO).

I'm about to begin a rotisserie :compress: restoration on my 1967 Dodge Dart 270 2-door hardtop & am planning my strategy. I've been doing a lot of online research & was referred to this group by a member of another MOPAR group who said this was a much more active site. I'll need a lot of parts!

I'm thrilled to be a member & think I'll learn a lot from you in asking for your advice and expertise as I restore my Dart. It'll be a lot of fun for me to take you along for the ride if you'd care to follow my posts and see photos during the process.

If anyone has any quick tips & tricks to share about navigating the site or have favorite features/functions that I may easily miss or could be utilizing, I'd like to hear from you.

I'm 36, live in Sacramento, CA, was born & raised in the mid-west (Mason City, IA), am the proud father of a happy & healthy 1-year old son, Madden, & am blessed to have a beautiful, uber-supportive wife, Karen, who's humored me in following my dream of fixing up my old Dart while taking over the better part of our 2-car garage.

I've already uploaded 30 photos of my Dart in our member photo gallery under my user name Dart_270 and the album is titled, "1967 Dodge Dart 270". The photos are all as the car sits now and I'll probably want to follow up with a few questions/posts about appropriate wheel & tire sizes, which I'm sure will lead to back spacing questions related to rear-end & suspension questions, & so on, & so on.

Enjoy the photos and I'll be looking forward to using this site and to corresponding with many of you.

All the best,
Casey

Welcome. Nice 67 you have there. I have to say that your garage is way too clean and organized. :D

Welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here!
I'm in 'build mode' on a '69 Dart that started life as a 270 hardtop. What's the build plans for your '67? Factory resto or restomod or ???

Thanks for the welcome from SoCal! I have BIG plans for restoring my '67 Dart 270. Speaking of SoCal and restoring your '69 Dart, coincidentally, I'm in the process of buying a rotisserie from a guy in San Diego that's restoring a '69 Dart. I'm laid up at home after a recent back surgery but he's being kind enough to deliver it to me up here in Sacramento.

With the rotisserie, my Dart will come apart to the very last bolt holding anything to the shell of the chassis that hangs lifeless from the rotisserie where the whole thing will be media blasted, painted, and reassembled with a fine-tooth comb. I can't wait to start!

Where are you at in your restoration/build-mode? I looked for pics at your home page but may have missed them. It'd be great to see anything you have for pics. It took a minute to figure out how to load a plethora of pics at once but now it's a cinch.

I'm already having a blast on this site. There's no end to what you can find for sale, pics, info, history, etc.

Keep in touch on your restoration/build.
Casey

Thanks! Yeah, it was love at first sight when I first laid eyes on that '67. There's no way my garage stays this clean & organized, though I do tend to work that way. My wife didn't quite get it, and still doesn't, but I made it a priority to epoxy/clear coat the garage floor and paint the walls/ceiling with cleanable/durable Behr paint months prior to our son's birth on 9/30/10, even before refinishing his nursery and rehabbing the extra bedroom my folks stayed in right after he was born. I knew if I didn't knock the garage out before all of that and before he came into this world, it'd never get done. I'm shocked, however, that I'm actually managing to find the time to work on this Dart with a very active 1-year old. Actually, I had major lower back surgery on 9/26/11 (a few weeks ago... removed a herniated disc & replaced it with an artificial disc & fused everything together with titanium screws/plates/etc but TMI) and will pretty much be laid up until January 2012 so I have nothing but time to plan my restoration, learn from folks like you, and buy tons of parts to fix it up. Between this and fantasy football, I'm set for the fall.

All the best,
Casey

Welcome to the FABO family! You'll find there's a bunch of knowledgable, skilled people here willing to help. Good luck with healing and the Dart!

Welcome to FABO!It looks and sounds like you finding your way around just fine.Don,t forget to checkout the Chat feature at the top of the main page.It always comes in handy for quick questions and answers from the members in the chatroom.:D

Welcome to FABO! Great Dart, I love darts! I'll be anticipating all your great pics as you go thru the restoration process! I love seeing classics getting a second (or 3rd,4th etc...) chance at life.... :blob:

Welcome !!! I'm right down the road from Mason near Algona and I have a 67 vert good luck with the back and resto!!!

-
Back