ticket misdomeaner help

-

beebeeri000

Rest-O-Moder
Reaction score
hi, so a week ago i was on my way to the beach in oregon with my friends and my friend was speeding and got pulled over. the cop smelled weed and asked where it was, so as i've been taught i gave it to him. it was less than 1/4G of weed but after the cop impounded the car 10 miles from the beach for "no proof of insurance" when we did have proof of insurence he gave my friend over 1k in tickets and my a $650 "possesion of marijuana" ticket. now im only 20 and in college and looking for a job, but now i have no form of income. from what i read this it also goes on my record as a misdomeaner and will keep me from getting jobs. can somone help me out with what i should do? cause im so lost and scared that the fees from not being to pay off this ticket at first will put me in debt for the rest of my life and will keep me from being able to get a job. if you think this makes me a bad person and i deserve everything please dont comment i dont need any more people like that.

Get a lawyer.

That's great advice.
Most attorneys will take 30 minutes with no fees to get you some direction & see if they can help you.
With some legal help you might be able to make this much less severe.
So go on-line & call an attorney as soon as possible.
But expect to pay some fines.

If you do get out with out a serious infraction on your record you will have no room in the future for any legal issues, even a minor driving infraction could be very costly.

I hate being "that guy" but if you in college and have no form of income maybe you shouldn't be buying pot ?

seriously son, its not worth it

maybe a lawyer would be your best bet, it will most likely be costly up front but not having this go on your record will be worth it in the long run

Probably with a decent lawyer. Yes they do exist. You could get one to at the least get one to do payments. Be prepared to pay the fines. You should be able to get the record expunged. Althought it never really goes completely away. Especially if you look for federal employment.

My son had 5 tickets in 3 months after getting pulled over twice. We hired an attorney and he got all of them thrown out but one, and that one was given "supervision".

The lawyer fees more than made up for the penalties and increased insurance...

I hate being "that guy" but if you in college and have no form of income maybe you shouldn't be buying pot ?

seriously son, its not worth it

maybe a lawyer would be your best bet, it will most likely be costly up front but not having this go on your record will be worth it in the long run

i didnt buy it, i got it from a friend that is an oregon medical marijuana patient and the threet value of what they confiscated was around $1-$2

Sorry to hear about it. Times have changed. They used to make us dump it out, and spread it around in the dirt so we couldn't scoop it back up...

hi, so a week ago i was on my way to the beach in oregon with my friends and my friend was speeding and got pulled over. the cop smelled weed and asked where it was, so as i've been taught i gave it to him. it was less than 1/4G of weed but after the cop impounded the car 10 miles from the beach for "no proof of insurance" when we did have proof of insurence he gave my friend over 1k in tickets and my a $650 "possesion of marijuana" ticket. now im only 20 and in college and looking for a job, but now i have no form of income. from what i read this it also goes on my record as a misdomeaner and will keep me from getting jobs. can somone help me out with what i should do? cause im so lost and scared that the fees from not being to pay off this ticket at first will put me in debt for the rest of my life and will keep me from being able to get a job. if you think this makes me a bad person and i deserve everything please dont comment i dont need any more people like that.

If the cop has to ask, then don't give him permission.

Cops play on you to let them search you and your car, but will nail you if they find anything. Call their bluff, don't give them permission or hand the drugs over..

If he then searches without permission, then you get an attorney and the charges will be thrown out on illegal search and seizure.

If he has probable cause, then he doesn't have to search...

However cops will make you "believe" that they have probable cause when they don't. If they ask permission, say "No". If they keep asking, tell them, "No means no". They will try to keep pestering/asking you until they get you to say, "yes". All they need is one yes to a million of your "no's"... If it only worked that way with girls....

Just say "no" to cops searching your car.

If they ask why, tell them that every cop that has searched a car has left it a mess. If they keep doing that, they will never live down the "pig" knickname. And they have no right to mess up my car...

Sorry to hear about it. Times have changed. They used to make us dump it out, and spread it around in the dirt so we couldn't scoop it back up...

yea i was figuring hed just give me a warning cause that's what cops usually do if you have a little bit on you

If the cop has to ask, then don't give him permission.

Cops play on you to let them search you and your car, but will nail you if they find anything. Call their bluff, don't give them permission or hand the drugs over..

If he then searches without permission, then you get an attorney and the charges will be thrown out on illegal search and seizure.

If he has probable cause, then he doesn't have to search...

However cops will make you "believe" that they have probable cause when they don't. If they ask permission, say "No". If they keep asking, tell them, "No means no". They will try to keep pestering/asking you until they get you to say, "yes". All they need is one yes to a million of your "no's"... If it only worked that way with girls....

Just say "no" to cops searching your car.

If they ask why, tell them that every cop that has searched a car has left it a mess. If they keep doing that, they will never live down the "pig" knickname. And they have no right to mess up my car...

yea i realize that now but i wasnt sure what the cop could do with probable cause cause theres so much grey area for cop with that, but now i want to get a sticker that says "just say no to cops"

This is why you fire up a cigarette soon as yer bud sees em in the rear view.
Keep a pack even if ya don`t smoke. :sign3:
i didnt know that lol we probably wouldnt have done that though cause my friends bregnant gf who smoked before the pregnancy, but im going to keep this in mind lol XD

Yeah definitely get a lawyer. I'm also 20 and in college, and I've been busted with weed before. It was about 3 years ago, and I just got suspended for a while (November 9th to December 3rd. Yikes.) but my friend got slammed with about $1,500 in tickets and I believe a misdemeanor. He got a good lawyer and was able to get out for about $600 with a clean record too.

You haven't done anything that's going to completely screw up your life but you really should be more careful in the future. Just get this taken care of, wait till you're 21, then blaze it up in Washington. At least it's legal up there. We don't even have medical down here in Arkansas.

Lets see in college no income but you can afford to buy pot..my advice pay the fine..by the way who footing your bill for school me Mr. taxpayer??..

yea i realize that now but i wasnt sure what the cop could do with probable cause cause theres so much grey area for cop with that, but now i want to get a sticker that says "just say no to cops"

Yeah, you've got the right to refuse a search. However it's probably not the best course of action if you've actually got drugs in the car. If you don't think him smelling it is probable cause then he can call in a drug dog, if the dog smells something then that's most definitely probable cause and if they find something then you're just digging yourself deeper and deeper into a hole. My truck got searched once and never again will I consent to a cop searching through my vehicle. The guy tore Into everything g and uprooted all kinds of trash I didn't even know existed and completely wrecked the interior of my poor truck. Didn't find anything, didn't even bother to open the bed cover either. So not only did he just trash my truck, he also overlooked where I actually would have hidden drugs. In his defense, he had only been a cop for about a week and I had a nice conversation with the other officer who was friends with my brother in law.

Saying no to searches is really only a good idea if you have nothing to hide. Saying no when you've got drugs and the cop can actually smell drugs.. Bad idea. Definitely a bad idea.

Lets see in college no income but you can afford to buy pot..my advice pay the fine..by the way who footing your bill for school me Mr. taxpayer??..

if you would actually read the thread you would see i don't buy weed i got it from a friend and what makes you assume that your taxes are paying for my school? you're not the only one that pays taxes, i pay taxes, my friends pay taxes and most everyone pays taxes, so what makes you paying taxes so special that it cant go to fund higher education? further more a higher educated public is better for the public and will be free in a few years with the bill that's in front of the house and senate. even more than that what's so wrong with smoking some weed every while , do you get demonized for drinking a beer every now and then. even our president omits to smoking marijuana and even enjoying smoking marijuana. its comments like these that show the ignorance of those who don't want to actually understand currents and policies

They count on you not knowing, so they can take advantage of you...

And they will try to bully you also...

I had a cop pull me over and try to get me to let him search my car. He even went so far as to tell me that I had outstanding tickets on me. I informed him that I hired an attorney, from his town even, and the cop never showed up for three different court dates and all of the outstanding tickets were thrown out...

They told me that they wouldn't take me in for the warrants if I would let them search my car. I stuck to my guns and kept saying, "no"...

They then told me to get back to my car and wait. A few minutes later he came back and gave me my ID back and let me go....

He wanted to search my car so bad, he lied about me having warrants. If I did have warrants, he would have been able to arrest me and search my car... It was all a bluff, and I called it...

Stay calm, don't confront them, but stand your legal grounds. Let them do what they will, and then hire an attorney later if needed. If they push their bounds too far, the lawyer will get it all thrown out.

There is a law here in Michigan geared towards first time offenders where they give you probation, and if you get in no trouble while on probation, the offense comes off your record! Here it is called the "74-11"! I would first go in and plead not guilty to buy you some time to organize your approach, then try to find a lawyer who can give you a free consultation to find out your options! Nowadays, marijuana laws are much more slack because of the medical marijuana laws, so you may be able to use that to your advantage! If you were the driver and driving under the influence, that would make a big difference, but being a passenger in possession may give you an edge!

Best I can do from the mitten!! Geof

if you would actually read the thread you would see i don't buy weed i got it from a friend and what makes you assume that your taxes are paying for my school? you're not the only one that pays taxes, i pay taxes, my friends pay taxes and most everyone pays taxes, so what makes you paying taxes so special that it cant go to fund higher education? further more a higher educated public is better for the public and will be free in a few years with the bill that's in front of the house and senate. even more than that what's so wrong with smoking some weed every while , do you get demonized for drinking a beer every now and then. even our president omits to smoking marijuana and even enjoying smoking marijuana. its comments like these that show the ignorance of those who don't want to actually understand currents and policies

How do you pay taxes if your NOT working??..and NO my tax money that i work my *** off for should NOT go to fund someone elses education..Obama a f-ing moron..you go to school you get the diploma YOU pay for it,all these little whining spoiled brats graduating and then all of a sudden can't pay back there students loans should be thrown in jail until they pay up..

How do you pay taxes if your NOT working??..and NO my tax money that i work my *** off for should NOT go to fund someone elses education..Obama a f-ing moron..you go to school you get the diploma YOU pay for it,all these little whining spoiled brats graduating and then all of a sudden can't pay back there students loans should be thrown in jail until they pay up..

Just go away if you are just going to be ignorant and not help in any way.

You need to get some new friends.
Thats what I told my kids when they screwed up,in the company of their friends.I reminded them that they knew better, cause they had been taught better. They were in their early teens.
They got new friends.It wasnt that hard.They didnt get into any more trouble. They became fine law-abiding adults. The youngest is coming 31 in fall. A very fine son.
Youre 20.You were taught better.Whats taking you so long? Own your mistake. Learn to quell your anger.Move on.

July 1st 2015 it becomes legal for recreational use in Oregon. On July 1, adults 21 and older to possess 1 ounce in public and up to 8 ounces at home, as well as a variety of other marijuana-infused products.
I certainly would consult an attorney. I would assume in about two months it would have been a MIP (minor in possession) charge instead or less.

-
Back