Time to order wheels and tires.

-
His info only gets you so far.
True, like everything you have to figure out the details for yourself. He helped with front end track width with after market brakes, and I bought 8 inch wheels dumping the 7 inch wheel and got more backspace. Who would have thought a wider wheel would get you MORE front space.

His info only gets you so far.

YES!
Is anyone here only relying on guys like 72BlunBlu for information? I don't want to speak out of turn but I'm pretty damn sure that he's sharing this advice assuming most of us have some capacity to think for ourselves.

As for calling him out on some kind of handling purity/credibility...come on. Even if he never ran his cars at a track event/autox, etc, he obviously knows what he's talking about...and you clearly know what you're talking about as well. Can we just drop that?

To your other point, a Michigan winter is a whole different ball game from what you'd find in any part of California. :D I've lived in New England for my whole life (which isn't even as severe as Michigan)...and I sure wouldn't drive a muscle car in the winter if I had a choice! This is coming from a guy who drove a suspension-modded NA Miata year-round for 12 winters in a row with no ABS, etc. The combination of high power levels, less-than-ideal weight distribution, zero driver aids that you get with classic muscle cars make me really, really not want to rely on a muscle car in the winter...and that's before we even talk about road salt and what it does to the cars we love.

Sure, it can be done...I personally just think it's a waste to use cars for the thing that they're worst at.

I'd never tow a trailer with a Lamborghini but technically, it can be done...

Lamborghini-Gallardo-Carscoops-50.jpg

Last edited:
Car is now sitting on ground. I have a 14" ralley 4" backspace 245/60 on it now. It is tight towards leaf spring lots of room towards fender. I set a 245/45-17 under it to see How it fits. Pretty tight but may work. Could not bolt it up because it is off a Pontiac. I think the rim is an 8".
20180518_175222.jpg
20180518_175109.jpg
The good thing is I can order the rims and mount this tire and see if it will work for sure. Will try to get front sized up this weekend.

20180518_175203.jpg

I don't remember what I used for wheel on front. I know a 17x8. I do not remember the backspace. I did have to use a .25" spacer. The back is a 17x8 4.5bs. The tires are 215-50-17 up front and 245-45-17 in back. The stance looks good to me.
20190918_174701.jpg

20190918_174728.jpg

20190918_174716.jpg

I ended up with 245/45/17 on all four corners with 5.25 backspace. They are getting mounted tomorrow. I still have to install the BBP axles and front BBP front brakes. I'll post when they're on.

-
Back