Tincup's 63 Dart w/5.7 Hemi

-
Were you able to compare the depth of the milodon pan vs. a stock truck pan?
I've got mine mocked up with a 2WD pan from a pickup and the bottom of the pan is about 3 inches below the rack making it the lowest point on the car. If the Milodon pan is a little shallower I'd consider it to keep from smashing mine on a speed bump.
Thanks,
Jon

Were you able to compare the depth of the milodon pan vs. a stock truck pan?
I've got mine mocked up with a 2WD pan from a pickup and the bottom of the pan is about 3 inches below the rack making it the lowest point on the car. If the Milodon pan is a little shallower I'd consider it to keep from smashing mine on a speed bump.
Thanks,
Jon

Hey Jon, The Milodon, charlies, and Canton pans are all 6 qt as opposed to the factory 7. Both the Milo & Charlies hit my rack so I could not use them, I have the Canton pan on it now, it does not hang as low as the factory pan. I think there is a pic in my thread, oh and DON'T buy a Charlies, very poor quality..

Tin, break is over, now get on with it!!! lol!!!

OK , Here is the good news, most of the exhaust is done, rad hoses are done, a couple brake lines are done, starter is in, and my structual dust cover is in.

Attachments

• 000_0036.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 901
  • 000_0038.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 883
  • 000_0041.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 873
  • 000_0042.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 875
  • 000_0044.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 914
  • 000_0040.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 913
  • 000_0037.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 883
And now the bad news, the rear hits the gas tank. Going to have to modify the tank for clearance for the rear and sway bar.........Nothings Easy!:sad10:

Attachments

• 000_0034.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 963
Great Work Tin,
Man I am jealous, someday I'll be where you are... Bummer about the tank. Always feels like 1 step up/2 steps back... Cant wait to see how you fix it.

JOE

Oh darn. A problem. Boo Hoo. I don't wanna hear it. Like a guy whose built this in all it's awesomeness caint get her done. Man, this thing is how do they say? Off the chain. Off the hook....whatever. It's cool. Fix it and lessie how great that looks. LOL I'm jealous.

Love your work and like all the small mods you,ve made throughout the car.What type of rad is that?I,m looking for a new rad for my 66 Dart(going all electrical from manual)Any advise on the rad would be appreaciated.Keep up the nice work.Oh your exhaust looks huge too!8)

Modify with 2" x8" piece of pine and move on...:iconbigg:....looking real good...love the color combos

Mop

Tin, I like it. Wasn't too sure how the cover for the eng/trans would work with the aftermarket oil pan, but it looks great. Is it possible to move the swaybar forward some? If ya cant, I foresee some slight massaging of the tank. Your doing fine work, magazine quality, oh wait, you have that accolade already, now it all downhill. lol!!

Great Work Tin,
Man I am jealous, someday I'll be where you are... Bummer about the tank. Always feels like 1 step up/2 steps back... Cant wait to see how you fix it.

JOE

Oh darn. A problem. Boo Hoo. I don't wanna hear it. Like a guy whose built this in all it's awesomeness caint get her done. Man, this thing is how do they say? Off the chain. Off the hook....whatever. It's cool. Fix it and lessie how great that looks. LOL I'm jealous.

It would just be nice to bolt on one feakin' part without having to "Modify" it, JUST ONE !!!!!!

Love your work and like all the small mods you,ve made throughout the car.What type of rad is that?I,m looking for a new rad for my 66 Dart(going all electrical from manual)Any advise on the rad would be appreaciated.Keep up the nice work.Oh your exhaust looks huge too!8)

My rad setup came from Northern, they made it per my drawing, but they did have one for early A's. My rad, fan and shroud set me back $800, but it was custom made.

Tin, I like it. Wasn't too sure how the cover for the eng/trans would work with the aftermarket oil pan, but it looks great. Is it possible to move the swaybar forward some? If ya cant, I foresee some slight massaging of the tank. Your doing fine work, magazine quality, oh wait, you have that accolade already, now it all downhill. lol!!

Definately going to be some serious tank massaging going on...

I'm surprised nobody commented on my crazy brake lines, thought for sure somebody would have some whitty remarks......

Those are brake lines????

I thought they were air lines for your Monroe Air Shocks...:grin:

Mop

TIN,, looks great,, are you running cats or no ??? and did you need that flex joint just in front of the mufflers??? hope to hear those hush masters,,

also is is just the sway bar or the center section hitting the tank ??? you can make a spacer for the sway bay mount,, i had to on my 40 dodge, used a bar designed for a 48 ford,,,

hot rodding, meens no out of the box bolt on parts,,,,chop cut weld,,,:burnout:

TIN,, looks great,, are you running cats or no ??? and did you need that flex joint just in front of the mufflers??? hope to hear those hush masters,,

also is is just the sway bar or the center section hitting the tank ??? you can make a spacer for the sway bay mount,, i had to on my 40 dodge, used a bar designed for a 48 ford,,,

hot rodding, meens no out of the box bolt on parts,,,,chop cut weld,,,:burnout:
Hey Fish, no cats, I plan on clamping the exhaust in the crossmember so I thought the flex might come in handy. As for the rear, the center of the housing and the sway hit (I had moved the rear end back 3/4" to center the wheels in the wheel wells).

It would just be nice to bolt on one feakin' part without having to "Modify" it, JUST ONE !!!!!!

But it kinda makes you have a new appreciation for all of the planning and design the factory put into the original product. Not only that, but you'll have a huge sense of accomplishment when it's done because you had to take what the factory did into consideration with every mod you did. Kinda double work. They didn't have to do that. It's an awesome build man, no matter how you slice it.

Tin,your work on your car is awesome. Good luck with it. I will continue looking at this thread so I can see the result.

-
Back