Tincup's 63 Dart w/5.7 Hemi

-
My rad setup came from Northern, they made it per my drawing, but they did have one for early A's. My rad, fan and shroud set me back $800, but it was custom made.
Thanks for the info.,I,ll take a look at what they have to offer for the Early-A,s.:study:

Thanks for the info.,I,ll take a look at what they have to offer for the Early-A,s.:study:

I purchased a 64-65 Ford Falcon 4-Core from Chanpion (polished) for our 64 Valiant /6 408" conversion and it fits awesome, just slid it to the passenger side opening and made a small filler panel for the drivers side. I centered up perfectly this way and I run a six blade 15" fan....has 1" clearance with no fan spacer and is rated to 1000 hp.

DSC08365.jpg

DSC08364.jpg

DSC08362.jpg

DSC08359.jpg

Have some tweaking to do to the filler panel to clean it up like welding it in rather than the bolts and it should look more stock.

Plans also including fabbing up a polished aluminum .090 radiator shroud.

Rickster

Looks good Rick, why don't you paint those horns while your in there ... LOL

Looks good Rick, why don't you paint those horns while your in there ... LOL

LOL....they will get reconditioned sooner or later and they work :hello2: wish I could get them powdercated, but doubt they would handle the heat of the oven.....scratch's head...?????

Rickster

Not a lot to report, got the tranny lines in, and made up a plate to block off the flywheel, oh yea, bought me a little present with the money Uncle Sam gave back...:)

Attachments

• 000_0052.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,131
  • 000_0053.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,123
  • 000_0054.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,131
  • 000_0049.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 1,136
That looks figgin' saweet, and the lines aint bad either. lol...

That new Miller TIG must mean theres another project coming, since the Dart is way past the welding work.....

when I grow up...I'm gonna get a welder just like that.....no,really..I am

Still diggin the build!!

Hey Tincup,

I was wondering if you are using the factory shifter cable or an after market cable?

The reason I am asking is I got a factory cable with the park lock mechanism and was hoping I could use my B&M shifter cable instead.

The factory one is long and will be a pain to mount to the trans hump.

Hey Tincup,

I was wondering if you are using the factory shifter cable or an after market cable?

The reason I am asking is I got a factory cable with the park lock mechanism and was hoping I could use my B&M shifter cable instead.

The factory one is long and will be a pain to mount to the trans hump.

I actually have not figured that one out yet. I'm thinking any shift cable will work, with modifications of course. When you figure it out, let me know...

Not a lot to report, got the tranny lines in, and made up a plate to block off the flywheel, oh yea, bought me a little present with the money Uncle Sam gave back...:)

uncle sam must like you more then me because he didnt give me enuff back to get no fancy miller tig.....i just got a piece of coat hanger and tortch :sad10: but i did manage to get some work done on my duster this weekend if you wanna check it out

keep up the progress nothing short of a masterpiece its also motovation to get me out and get somthin done on my project:cheers:

you really plannin on usin' that?...the skid plate that is.....man thats looooooow!

you really plannin on usin' that?...the skid plate that is.....man thats looooooow!

Because the trans is so frigin big, ( I already smashed it once.) it hangs pretty low, so I figure a little protection on those big speed bumps.....

Just to prove I haven't been slacking off, here are some pic's. Mostly little stuff, but hey, it's all got to get done eventually. Air intake, oil dipstick, trans dipstick, and last, but not least, the exhaust is done. I'm going to pull it off again and send it out to have it black ceramic powder coated, so it dissappers.

Attachments

• 000_0058.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,014
  • 000_0057.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,010
  • 000_0054.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 999
  • 000_0053.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,009
  • 000_0052.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,016
  • 000_0050.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,019
  • 000_0059.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,014
Looking good Tincup it is getting close. Can you see the light at the end yet.
that exhaust is going to look good in black, or shall I say it is not going to be seen good in black. (does that make sense) I think so..

Looks great!:cheers: You are so close to finishin it up. So, I have just one question for you. You gonna run a cold air box?

-
Back