Total firetruckin bullshit!

-
In most circumstances, if I saw a new neighbor that needed a 'talkin' to'...I would talk to them in a nice, friendly way, to tell them what kind of neighborhood I live in, and how I would expect them to act might be a good idea to have another neighbor along to agree)

In your case though, I think with that kind of talk, all you would get would be a blank stare. They've probably never been in the kind of neighborhood environment that you are talking about, so what you would be saying to them would be like from another planet.

I see 2 main issues you do need to address though.

1) The dog. That dog is a danger to all the children (and most of the adults) in the neighborhood. I would warn the owner that the next time you see it out in the front yard off a leash, you will be calling Animal Control, and getting your gun out.

2) The 'gatherings', trash and language. They need to be taught what is acceptable behavior. I'd keep this talk on the 'nice' scale, just a casual mention to whichever adult seems to be the most reasonable. Nicely inform them that when you see trash laying around, you will have to assume it's coming from them, and will end up back on their property - so it would be nice if they just picked it up and disposed of it properly in the beginning. Language - kids around, not a good example, etc......

If you don't nip this in the bud, they're going to end up the ones 'in charge'.

Have you checked what your zoning is ? If it is single family residence then Code enforcement should be able to get rid of most of the people living there.

Just a thought.

In most circumstances, if I saw a new neighbor that needed a 'talkin' to'...I would talk to them in a nice, friendly way, to tell them what kind of neighborhood I live in, and how I would expect them to act might be a good idea to have another neighbor along to agree)

In your case though, I think with that kind of talk, all you would get would be a blank stare. They've probably never been in the kind of neighborhood environment that you are talking about, so what you would be saying to them would be like from another planet.

I see 2 main issues you do need to address though.

1) The dog. That dog is a danger to all the children (and most of the adults) in the neighborhood. I would warn the owner that the next time you see it out in the front yard off a leash, you will be calling Animal Control, and getting your gun out.

2) The 'gatherings', trash and language. They need to be taught what is acceptable behavior. I'd keep this talk on the 'nice' scale, just a casual mention to whichever adult seems to be the most reasonable. Nicely inform them that when you see trash laying around, you will have to assume it's coming from them, and will end up back on their property - so it would be nice if they just picked it up and disposed of it properly in the beginning. Language - kids around, not a good example, etc......

If you don't nip this in the bud, they're going to end up the ones 'in charge'.

I'm probably going to talk to the guy I already know and helped him fix his car first since he is friends with some of them.
I don't see anything changing though, seen enough people like that to know.

Have you checked what your zoning is ? If it is single family residence then Code enforcement should be able to get rid of most of the people living there.

Just a thought.

Good thought too, thanks.

do like Michael did on Burn notice...

pour gas in a circle (for you in the middle of the street) and then have them come out in the street... then light it lol...

then have your chat...

Thats about all I can do.
I can shoot the dog if need be, but I think the police would want to do more than give me a ticket for disharging a firearm in the city limits at the people.

Seriously though, I would never do that but it's interesting to entertain the thought sometimes.:D

Machete makes an awesome weapon.

thats what I would do. Next time its out call the animal control tell them you have a loose pitbull in your yard. Not even mention you know whos it is. Maybe if the owners get tired of bailing it out of doggie jail they will rethink letting it run.

Get yourself a couple of security/ video cameras that can record audio, and record as much as you can of this type activity

The suggestion of capturing the dog is a good one

Waste no time in researching the laws in your area related to loose animals, trespassing, noise ordinances, how vigorously enforced they are, and waste NOT time in calling in legitimate complaints. Noise, trash, trespassing, loose animals

Are they renting or buying? If they are renting, raise hell with the owner. THREATEN to sue the owner for "maintaining a public nuisance." Even if you cannot be perfectly serious, it will get the owner's attention, and he/ she might "take a look" at what they have brought to your door.

Anything you do that involves "reprimanding" them will only make it worse. Try being ridiculously nice to them. If you can somehow keep them from becoming spiteful you'll have the best chance of some sort of peaceful existence. Don't show any anger or feelings that can be construed as hate. The best possible situation would be that they Like you and say things Like " don't mess with him" or "He's a good dude don't disrespect his property" Trust me, Even people from the Ghetto understand respect. You gotta give it to get it. There are people Like this I have to deal with on a daily basis and I pray before every word I say. It sounds crazy but when I remember to pray first, the interactions go just fine every time. You may Mock me for this attitude but the outcome will be much worse if you just Label them as Scum and then treat them that way. If you have now ruled out your neighborhood as an acceptable place to live then start planning to move. But you need to keep it a peaceful as humanly possible in the meantime. You want to be able to look in the mirror and say you did everything you could to be the bigger Man. Good luck & God be with you through this situation. You will be able to look back at this and see that it was just minor BullS$%t.

My brother owns a few rent houses in really nice neighborhoods and I was helping paint one up when a realtor showed up to show it to a rowdy bunch...I ask my brother how he was going to get out of renting to them and he said that "It is single family residence ".
Just like trapster said above.
It may not leave enough people their to pay the Rent !!!
About the dog,enough calls to animal control will take care of the problem !!!
Call the owner and offer to buy his house at a ridiculous low price and when he respond it is worth more, tell him not with the tenants he has in there now because it is De-valuating his house and neighborhood as a whole...
We got a neighbor here that bought the house next door to him to kick the unwanted tenants out and now he rents to good people.(and makes a little money)
No loud music past 10:30 pm in most places I have lived,call the cops every time there is and believe me the cops do not like coming out to the same house every other night and if they see something illegal ...well you know.
Just an old saying but it works "Just keep feeding them the Rope and they will hang themselves"

Anything you do that involves "reprimanding" them will only make it worse. Try being ridiculously nice to them. If you can somehow keep them from becoming spiteful you'll have the best chance of some sort of peaceful existence. Don't show any anger or feelings that can be construed as hate. The best possible situation would be that they Like you and say things Like " don't mess with him" or "He's a good dude don't disrespect his property" Trust me, Even people from the Ghetto understand respect. You gotta give it to get it. There are people Like this I have to deal with on a daily basis and I pray before every word I say. It sounds crazy but when I remember to pray first, the interactions go just fine every time. You may Mock me for this attitude but the outcome will be much worse if you just Label them as Scum and then treat them that way. If you have now ruled out your neighborhood as an acceptable place to live then start planning to move. But you need to keep it a peaceful as humanly possible in the meantime. You want to be able to look in the mirror and say you did everything you could to be the bigger Man. Good luck & God be with you through this situation. You will be able to look back at this and see that it was just minor BullS$%t.

Respect is something that is supposed to mutual, not only given after gotten.
It should be given first, and then if it's not deserved then so be it.
I already repected them by leaving them alone and minding my own business.
Now my own business includes thier bullshit?
That's not respect.
I would never mock someone for thier oppinion, not seriously anyway.
I would however take a shot at somebody out of the blue though, like, so how little oxygen is there in Mt Airy NC ?, apparently not enough.:D

Really though, I hear ya and appreciate your input.

My brother owns a few rent houses in really nice neighborhoods and I was helping paint one up when a realtor showed up to show it to a rowdy bunch...I ask my brother how he was going to get out of renting to them and he said that "It is single family residence ".
Just like trapster said above.
It may not leave enough people their to pay the Rent !!!
About the dog,enough calls to animal control will take care of the problem !!!
Call the owner and offer to buy his house at a ridiculous low price and when he respond it is worth more, tell him not with the tenants he has in there now because it is De-valuating his house and neighborhood as a whole...
We got a neighbor here that bought the house next door to him to kick the unwanted tenants out and now he rents to good people.(and makes a little money)
No loud music past 10:30 pm in most places I have lived,call the cops every time there is and believe me the cops do not like coming out to the same house every other night and if they see something illegal ...well you know.
Just an old saying but it works "Just keep feeding them the Rope and they will hang themselves"

The cops here are freakin joke.
This is a training town, which means most of the cops are kids trying to act like they have power and you better do whatever they say.
More than once I have had to tell one to mind his own damn business or to get the F out of my yard.
Two of em knocked on my door one day and asked if some woman that I never heard of was here, and I said that I didn't know anyone by that name.
Next I see another one go past the windows on the side of the house looking in, and I said to the two at the door "I TOLD YOU I DON'T KNOW ANYONE BY THAT NAME SO I MUST BE A LIAR?
I closed and locked the door, went to the back door and the other cop/kid was in my back yard with his gun drawn.
I walked out the door and he raised the weapon a bit as he saw the door open.
I WAS PISSED, and I started practically screaming at him to get his *** out of my yard before I called real police.
My father and his father were both law inforcement and I know my rights, so they don't intimidate me much.
I personally don't need a cop around to keep me from breaking the law, so it kinda does piss me off when they act like I do.
To point, they are pretty useless around here.

Respect is something that is supposed to mutual, not only given after gotten.
It should be given first, and then if it's not deserved then so be it.
I already repected them by leaving them alone and minding my own business.
Now my own business includes thier bullshit?
That's not respect.
I would never mock someone for thier oppinion, not seriously anyway.
I would however take a shot at somebody out of the blue though, like, so how little oxygen is there in Mt Airy NC ?, apparently not enough.:D

Really though, I hear ya and appreciate your input.
Lol, I give you credit for a good burn. :prayer: Plenty of O2 but I have a deviated septum
(best I could do for a comeback) Seriously though, I have lived through a lot of stuff like this growing up in New york. I stole my own Schwinn bicycle back like 5 times:wack:.
Honestly, I can see a "Street full of hate" developing on your block and it puts a tear in my eye. And I am in no way calling you a hater. Just seen this crazy S%$t snowball so many times. Cracked teeth, Busted Jaws, Knife wounds, A car Bomb within 10 feet of my front door. The list goes on and on. I'm not trying to act like a big badass tough guy but I lived through all this crap. My true feeling is that You'll only get one chance with these people across the street to keep it peaceful.

I'm just going to keep minding my own business like I always have.
If minding mine means I have to end up minding some of thiers, then so be it.
Don't worry about it, I have been around awhile too.
Glad to know you can take a joke though, I feel better already.
Thank you.

Lol, I give you credit for a good burn. :prayer: Plenty of O2 but I have a deviated septum
(best I could do for a comeback) Seriously though, I have lived through a lot of stuff like this growing up in New york. I stole my own Schwinn bicycle back like 5 times:wack:.
Honestly, I can see a "Street full of hate" developing on your block and it puts a tear in my eye. And I am in no way calling you a hater. Just seen this crazy S%$t snowball so many times. Cracked teeth, Busted Jaws, Knife wounds, A car Bomb within 10 feet of my front door. The list goes on and on. I'm not trying to act like a big badass tough guy but I lived through all this crap. My true feeling is that You'll only get one chance with these people across the street to keep it peaceful.

Pounding on **** all night an drinkin an cussin to the wee hours.
I could imagine.:banghead:
I have seen your posts.

Or did you mean something else? :D

yer so lucky you don't live next to me...... just sayin.....

yer so lucky you don't live next to me...... just sayin.....
Pounding on **** all night an drinkin an cussin to the wee hours.
I could imagine.:banghead:
I have seen your posts.

Or did you mean something else? :D

There goes the neighborhood?
LOL
Curtis,I live next door to you but you get sick of me wanting parts for free!!!
Trailbeast ,watch out he is a mod !!! (pretty even tempered though)
Pete..We almost neighbors like to met some day....

I on a email list from the adjacent neighborhood of my business just to keep update on whats going on and to plug my business when the time arises.
Look what one neighbor wrote just today:
I want to apologize to all of our neighbors who had to look at a bunch of junk out on our curb all week because for some reason, I thought it was Big Trash Pick-up!

Karen

I had that crap going on across from me at my old house. Started drinking on the front porch with country music cranked up. Would wear shorts and no shirt with my black ropers and black resistol on with my 7 inch barrel Ruger Redhawk stuck in my boot. Made my self very visible. They would come outside and I would evil eye the crap out of them. I lived there first this was my frickin hood. Not a one of them ever had the balls to say 2 words to me. And they kept their kids and dogs away from my house.Not a one of em wanted to deal with the crazy frickin redneck across the street. They moved after a few months. Guess they werent comfortable.lol

I had that crap going on across from me at my old house. Started drinking on the front porch with country music cranked up. Would wear shorts and no shirt with my black ropers and black resistol on with my 7 inch barrel Ruger Redhawk stuck in my boot. Made my self very visible. They would come outside and I would evil eye the crap out of them. I lived there first this was my frickin hood. Not a one of them ever had the balls to say 2 words to me. And they kept their kids and dogs away from my house.Not a one of em wanted to deal with the crazy frickin redneck across the street. They moved after a few months. Guess they werent comfortable.lol
So the house across the street is available !!!
LOL

I would forward the property owner a link to this thread and let him realize how bad it is.....and what his liabilities are.

And casually inform the pitbull owner that you saw it eating poison gopher pellets that you scattered all over your yard - to control rodents. If this does not work, try soaking some pellets in beef gravy, then accidently spill some in your front yard... The dog will get sick and the vet bills may inspire him to chain the dog in his own yard....if it survives. :eek:ops:

I know your pain when i returned to the states [USAF/ Korea] 1n 1988 i wanted to find a place out in the country my wife however wanted to stay in an urban area so we bought a mobile home [no trailer trash jokes] in a park,back then there were mostly retired folks and snowbirds very few working stiffs. Flash forward to 2012 most of the homes in the back of the park are occupied by loosers,dopers,scumbags all on welfare,foodstamps,afdc ect. i personally have had one incedent some one slashed my tires on my car [i'm thinkin mistaken id cause there was a car coming in here that resembled mine] needless to say that i now call this place the getto and hate it ,but can't afford to move. Then to make matters worse the home across the street and next door [they are ok] became occupied by one group of family members none of them work across the street he is on disability,she's on food stamps and afdc,all he does all day is sit on the porch and smoke dope,he is always saying god bless [suppose to be religious], occasionally he works with my next door neighbor [he does side jobs off an on] before they moved in we had 1 to 2 stray cats now after a year and a half there are damn near 20 between the two houses and they keep havin kittens,my neighbors keep sayin we'er gonna get them fixed but it's the same story every time. They don't drink none of them [thank god] but there are always shady charicters hangin around, as for the rest of the place i'm cordual say hi to them and show respect [treat them as i wish to be treated] so far it's working [don't hurt that a rumor was spread that we are armed to the teeth and not afraid to use them] and my dog is referred to as Kujo [crazy assed Louisianna Catahoula Leapard Dog]. I'll be damned if i'm gonna let them run me outta my home i was here first the sheriff has been comin in more regularly an haulin them out but they just come back and it's repeated nightly. Our park has been taken over by a management company so we'll see if anything changes, my bet is the park is on borrowed time [probly be sold in the next year or so, many in my area have been shut down and seniors forced to find other homes for the sake of money] or nothing will change at all. Only the wealthy have the connections to make folks like this go away us workin folks are screwed.

!!!-I-HAVE-THE-SOLUTION!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRbSyoMndGE"]Giant Vortex Cannon - YouTube[/ame]

If you can throw a rock and hit your neighbors they are to close. I live in an area with no dog ordinances....no leash laws, nothing. Luckily everyones dogs are very friendly. Before you start pushing in any way you might want to verify that you have a legal reason to ***** about anything.....just saying......

I bought a house on 14 acres with a farm across the street.You can only see one neighbor and he knows I'm nuts.One day he was out back shooting his AK and I came out with a .50 beowulf AR and drowned him out. All I heard was WTF after the dust cleared. There is a castle law here and I consider anything inside my property lines to be in my house.

-
Back