Treasures found under the seats

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
I bought another car a few weeks ago it is a 68 GTS 340 car. It's mostly original in great shape but showing its age pretty badly. It also has not been running or registered in the last 15+ years.

This weekend I was taking the interior apart for cleaning and inspection of the floor and found some interesting items between the console and bucket seats. The GTS has a build date of late September 67. The first item I found was an old gas receipt. What I found really cool about this receipt was the date of 12/30/67 and it had the name of most likely the original owner on it. His name was Stephen M. Kreta he had stopped in Monterey, CA for gas and topped the tank off with 9.2 gallons for a grand total of $3.60

This was most likely a trip up the coast maybe even on Pacific Coast Highway. It would have been a fitting way to break in the new car as Mr Kreta work and lived in Southern California. I was really surprised to find not one but two 40+ year old readable gas receipt between the seats and thought I would share.

Item two I found was a business card. Looks like Mr. Kreta was a traffic manger at Teledyne Transportation in Los Angeles, CA. That was a little ironic as I install traffic signals here in Southern California.

I have found other interesting items under seats of other cars. However I thought It may be interesting to hear what others have found in their cars.

So what treasures have you found?

screw the treasures............... i wanna see pics of the car.lol

Lol...

Attachments

• 68 Dart GTS 004 (Small).jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 930
  • 68 Dart GTS 003 (Small).jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 953
  • 68 Dart GTS 001 (Small).jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 926
Cool find. So it hasn't had a good cleaning in a while! Did you find any build sheets?

Hey z, my Cuda came from Grand Terrace. I've found all kinds of cool car-tifacts in it over the years. Favorite / oldest ones are two student parking passes from USC for the summer and fall of 1970. I'll have to dig out the baggie I keep it all in and see if anything is pic worthy.

Cool idea for a thread! :-D

What's maybe even cooler is that you can try calling Mr. Kreta if you want to. I found a SoCal phone number. I'll PM it to you.

What a great find! Very highly optioned gts and still retains the black plates. Im jealous!

72Plymouth
There was a nice build/broadcast sheet in the rear seat. It was on the back not under the bottom.

Cudachick
Based on what the guy said that I bought the car from. I believe that Mr Kreta may have died in the early 1990's and thats when the car was sold to the previous owner. There may be a Jr. or who knows maybe he is still alive not sure. The car has been out in the lower desert for years in the 29 Palms/Palm Springs area thinking Mr Kreta may have retired out in that area. Of course that is just speculation on my part. I would still like the number. Thanks

A few years ago i was cleanining out my 72 roadrunner right after i got it had to pull up the carpet to run some speaker wire to the back and in thats when i found two poleroid pics of some of what looked like someones wife of girlfreind in her birthday suit and by the looks of her lady parts it was the 70's :) so that was kinda cool

A few years ago i was cleanining out my 72 roadrunner right after i got it had to pull up the carpet to run some speaker wire to the back and in thats when i found two poleroid pics of some of what looked like someones wife of girlfreind in her birthday suit and by the looks of her lady parts it was the 70's :) so that was kinda cool

So was she in the car in the picture?

See thats what I'm talking about.

Here is another I found under the seat of a Dodge Demon bench seat about 10 years ago. I still have it but it kind of freaks me out when ever I see it. Who knows if it was ever used on someone. You never know here just outside of LA

Attachments

• dk1009.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 870
I had to remove the rear seat to find the seat belts. I found several pictures taken by the original owners, when they bought the car. Pictures are of their families standing in front of the car on the dealers lot. No price listed on the front window but it did have one of those shreaded plastic things they used to put on the radio antenna. Unfortunately they were polaroid pictures and have faded even more in since I first dug them out 5 years ago when I got the car. Otherwise I'd scan them and post the pictures. A couple of the phots showed some of the other vehicles on the dealers lot: 67 Charger, 67 Coronet and a 67 Dart Convertible.

Dan in Silicon Valley

I found a random "thingy" in the back of my swinger. Its a old - old spice either deodorant or spray can filled to the brim with silver dollars from 1965-1975. These are the real silver coins and now worth 3 bucks a piece. Its only about $40 bucks, but I thought it was pretty neat.

I scrapped an old car once and in the trunk was a box of old books. Nothing special but thumbing through the books I found a 1910 series $20 gold certificate bill and some silver certificate bills.
I've also found some racy ladies undergarments under a car seat, circa 1970's.

My buddy bought an old polara wagon for $100 and when he was cleaning it out, he found a bank bag with a bunch of 15 year old checks and $150 cash in it!!

So was she in the car in the picture?

See thats what I'm talking about.

Here is another I found under the seat of a Dodge Demon bench seat about 10 years ago. I still have it but it kind of freaks me out when ever I see it. Who knows if it was ever used on someone. You never know here just outside of LA

What is that thing? A weapon?

It was not in a car I bought but in a Pick-a-part yard I was going through a 1965 Dodge Cornet and found a $10 dollar roll of silver quarters in the "quarter" panel. Paid for my .50 entrance fee:)

I found $20 and some weed in a Firebird I owned 20 years ago. I have also found pot pipes in other cars. That seems to be popular. In my Demon I found two 1979 dirty magazines, you know, the ones that show everything. They were way up by the back seat in the trunk. The guy I bought it from didn't own the car then. I think they had been there since the second owner of the car and no one else found them.

I,m from Redlands, I miss those rust-free cars. A buddy of mine picked up a 69 Dart GT convertible a couple of years ago. It came from Rancho Cucamonga. It was gold with a gnarly 340 4sp, and poverty caps. Just wondering if you knew the car.

I found a random "thingy" in the back of my swinger. Its a old - old spice either deodorant or spray can filled to the brim with silver dollars from 1965-1975. These are the real silver coins and now worth 3 bucks a piece. Its only about $40 bucks, but I thought it was pretty neat.

Hey streetdak, sorry to burst your bubble but "real" silver dollars were last minted in 1964.

I,m from Redlands, I miss those rust-free cars. A buddy of mine picked up a 69 Dart GT convertible a couple of years ago. It came from Rancho Cucamonga. It was gold with a gnarly 340 4sp, and poverty caps. Just wondering if you knew the car.

Redlands??? Hey I used to live in San Bernardino. The GT doesn't sound familiar but your stomping grounds sure do. :-D

I found 4 - 12 gauge double 00 buck shot gun shells under the passenger seat of my 66 cuda. Took them out to the desert and shot 2 of them off. Worked good so kept the other 2 in case someone want to pay me a visit in the middle of the night.
zhandfull' that is a knife you found under your seat. It is a exotic design. The 2 outside curved sections should be sharpened and the very center point should also be sharpened on both sides. I collect kives, but I'm not sure who made that one so I do not have any idea about how much it would be worth. If you have a show case, put it in there. Looks like it has a rose wood handle. Look for a name on it by the handle area. You then can go on e-bay and see if any are selling.

-
Back