trying one more time - mopars with stock different tire size front/rear

-

Norway-dart

Reaction score
Hello!

have to post a New thread bcause of the server crash. Dont know if anybody answered me:)

Here in Norway we are not allowed to run different tire size front/rear. and like me and my 74 dart, who like some rubber in the rear,but not so much up front, are in trouble.

There is one opportunity to get it legal, and that is documentation from the dealer/manufacturer that the car came equipped originally With different tire sizes.

Does anybody have any info regarding Mopar setting up the dart body With different Tires??
hemi dart?
Picture of option list or something that may proove it?

have a Nice day!

There's a small number of vehicles even now that are equipped/delivered with 2 tire sizes. None are common grocery getters.

only mopar cars that came with different size front and rear tires were the t/a challenger and aar cudas as far as i can remember..

Thank god I don't live there. I would have to move simply for the freedom to run meats in the back

only mopar cars that came with different size front and rear tires were the t/a challenger and aar cudas as far as i can remember..

I wrote the AAR Cuda earlier but the Challenger also! Only the '70 - 6 pack cars IIRC.

Yea, only the AAR/TA cars. The Hemi Darts and Barracudas came with tiny cheepo tires just to make them roll.

The way I get around stupid laws like this in the U.S. is to make the car legal for the inspection. Then take it home and change it back to the way I want it to be. Chances of getting "caught" here are close to zero. Cops have better things to do, and are usually quite sympathetic to us old car owners as long as we "behave" ourselves. Here, the worst that could happen is they give you a "fix it" ticket.

i'm pretty sure the 350z cars come with different front/rear

but yeah the hemi darts had large size rear wheels smaller fronts in 1968
only 400 produced

i'm pretty sure the 350z cars come with different front/rear

but yeah the hemi darts had large size rear wheels smaller fronts in 1968
only 400 produced

Hemi Darts were not a production car, juz sayin..............

Hemi Darts were not a production car, juz sayin..............

But was it possible to buy them and drive them legally for everybody(if you had the money)? Was they delivered with a optionlist or something?

69-340-gts -yes,thats another solution. When we get a fix-it check here, we have to show it with correct wheels.

You can't do anything without breaking some law somewhere. Run the tires you want....are cops really keeping an eye out for this kind of nonsense?

You can't do anything without breaking some law somewhere. Run the tires you want....are cops really keeping an eye out for this kind of nonsense?

the OP is in a different country and things are quite a bit different there..

The way I get around stupid laws like this in the U.S. is to make the car legal for the inspection. Then take it home and change it back to the way I want it to be. Chances of getting "caught" here are close to zero. Cops have better things to do, and are usually quite sympathetic to us old car owners as long as we "behave" ourselves. Here, the worst that could happen is they give you a "fix it" ticket.

That may very well cause a void insurance issue,, and were there an accident with an injury/fatality,, I'll bet they got lawyers there too... jmo

But was it possible to buy them and drive them legally for everybody(if you had the money)? Was they delivered with a optionlist or something?

69-340-gts -yes,thats another solution. When we get a fix-it check here, we have to show it with correct wheels.

Not exactly... The Dart was sold like today's Drag Pak Challenger. You don't exactly drive the Challenger away because it is impossible to do so being that it has no rear differential.

The Dart back in the day was not a show roomed car. You had to be in the know to get one. AKA; A Racer. I don't know how they took delivery. The car also cam with "NO" warranty of any kind.

I hadn't remembered that the TA /AAR 's came with offsize. I would have guessed "not."

yes..AAR and TA did....E60 on front ....G60 on rear for clearance for side pipe

the OP is in a different country and things are quite a bit different there..

I know...it's just lame no matter where you live. Of all the crap going on in the world, we gotta worry about the wrong size tires on our cars... :wack:

The cops are not the biggest problem,they cant do anything but give me a "fix it" paper, plus I have to drive to a government garage to show that I have fixed it. But if I get stopped in a tech-inspection I will have a problem.

Most likely, my biggest concern is we have inspection every second year on the cars, and there they will check for correct tires.

Im going to drive with different tires, hopeless to drive on our bad small roads with big front tires.car is steering by itself then.

Seems like any dart documentation regarding this is going to be hard to get hold of.
Really appreciate all comments and help!!! :burnout:

Sorry Daniel, there won't be any documentation for Darts of that era. It just never happened.

Not exactly... The Dart was sold like today's Drag Pak Challenger. You don't exactly drive the Challenger away because it is impossible to do so being that it has no rear differential.

The Dart back in the day was not a show roomed car. You had to be in the know to get one. AKA; A Racer. I don't know how they took delivery. The car also cam with "NO" warranty of any kind.

I see, but technically, was it possible to get license plates on them?
You know, the word streetable depends on the person behind the wheel:cheers:
My wife belive my dart is far from streetable:wack:

From car craft magazine, about dick landys hemidart:

"As delivered to the customer, original Hemi Darts came with an unusual blend of 14- and 15-inch rollers: 14x5.5 black steel wheels with D70-14 tires up front and skinny, 7.75x15 tires mounted on oddball 15x6 rims out back. "

Anybody know if this may be correct information?

Edit: found it, a book called maximum performance(mopar super stock drag) backs up this info as correct.

the Hemi Super stock cars were not delivered as street legal cars , my research says no vin ,no instrument cluster ,no interior, a single light weight molded seat the same as the A990 cars etc.. Ma Mopar did her best to make sure the buyers of these cars were not able to license them for the street , the Grand Spaulding cars are a different animal but the factory SS cars were not sold as production street cars ever , thus ending the never ending BS stories of " My sisters , cousins ,uncle had a Hemi Dart he bought new from the dealer in ..."

HERE IS your answer I believe......These are scanned official Chrysler Corp documents which your buddies at "inspector central" LOL can look up on the internet.

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/ama/_1974AutomobileManufacturersAssociation-07.shtml?load_img=23

which came from here

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/ama/1974AutomobileManufacturersAssociation-07.shtml

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/

2mo89qu.jpg

-
Back