tti headers

-

cys68

Reaction score
So i just bought a nice expensive set of tti's for my 68 383 barracuda. The last time i put headers on this car was in 88 when i went through the motor...seeing as im not pulling the motor whats the easiest way to wedge these bad boys in? its a 4speed car and i REALLY don't wanna pull the torsion bars
-cy

read the instructions.....and follow the instructions...

tti instructions are pretty good....

believe me...

I installed a set of tti on a 71 dart 318, I read their instructions and followed them...

it was the easiest set of headers i ever installed...and I aint no spring chicken...

You may need their Z bar too. I just did a 4 speed swap on my SB with TTIs, and bought their Z bar - money WELL spent. TTI has it down.

Read the directions, Read thd directions, Read the directions! After you read them read them again! lol

1. Get the car up as high has you can. I had my car on 6 ton jack stands on top of 8 inch block of wood.

2. Torsion bar is probably coming out. On my small block the torsion bar goes through the DS torsion bar. Measure the adjuster before removing.

3. Center link needs to removed from idler arm and pitman arm.

4. I did not have a z-bar in my car when I installed. Probably need to remove as you will have to buy the one from TTI or customize yours.

5. Exhaust will need to be customized to fit the tti headers. I have the tti exhaust and it required cutting to install into my Duster.

6. Good luck and have a buddy help you pull the headers from the top.

7. Wrap the tubes in bubble wrap so they don't scratch during the installation.

8. Starter may need to come out. Mine was not in prior to installation.

9. Read the directions! and search FABO as there are a ton of threads on this subject!

It will be a pain in the azz! I installed a set of 2 inch tube TTI's in a 67 Barracuda on a 440. The engine and headers have to slip in place together. Place the headers around the torsion bars and tie them up to the shock studs. You have to use a mini starter prewired before all is in place. By prewired I mean use about two feet of battery cable and #10 wire. It is impossible to get your fingers or a wrench to the starter once the engine and headers are in place. Slip the engine in and work the headers and engine in place together. It will take at least two experienced people to do this. You WILL lose any and all religion you might have and lots of skin and blood. Once in place they fit perfect with very good ground clearance. As I said I installed a 440, a 383 might be a tad easier but I doubt it. It will take you at least half a day to do this. Good luck! You will need it!

-
Back