rapidtransitric LX/LC platform a body swap pioneer

Local Time:
    10:20 AM
    keep plugging away brad. doing good

2. Brad4406

Brad4406 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    11:20 AM
    Nice work; looks awesome! It makes me wish I would have continued with the idea of backhalfing mine.

3. 604 Racing

604 Racing 604 RACING

Local Time:
    8:20 AM
    damn, i was after this car before you bought it ...looks like i lost out.

4. Meet-Joe-"Dart"

Meet-Joe-"Dart" Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Man! NICE work... curious about those spray cans too? Where can you buy the custom spray bombs?

5. Brad426

Brad426 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    THank youy for the kind words everyone. This is my very first try at a street car. I'm an old numbers resto guy.

I bought the paint from Lordco Auto Parts. Lordco is like a big UAP or NAPA here in Western Canada. The paint is by PlastiKote called Kustom-Kote (No. 865). Try PlatiKote website and they might list or tell you a local shop that can provide you with Kustom-Kote. I used to paint aircraft and I’m used to some hi-tech equipment and products so I’m not a big fan of rattle cans but, I have to admit I like Plasti-Kote products and this stuff for what it is and where I’m using it. Later I will try the Kustom-Kote with clear coat on another project and see how it turns out.
    http://www.plastikote.com/index.jsp

6. cuda20

cuda20 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Thanks, lordco has a paint store in abbotsford so I will try them first.

Attached Files:

7. pettybludart

pettybludart Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    My local CarQuest carry,s and mixes paint,they can put in rattle cans also if you want.

So Brad is the Art Morrison setup sitting collecting dust?I,m interested why you didn,t go with it?

8. needsaresto

needsaresto Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Man,it's nice that they can throw a rattle can together and color matched to boot,but holy cow the price makes me wince! Im glad I can do it the old fashoined way and just use a spray gun...

9. Brad426

Local Time:
    Things are coming along. Finished up front under the fenders. Does anyone know where I can get the front fender splash gaskets and clips? Resonable price :-k
    I'm starting to fabricate the fuel lines and cutting the holes to keep them safe inside the frame. I used CRC rubberised under coating inside the front fenders. I plan to use and aerosol truck bed liner on the mid section and rear when I get back that far. Stand-by One!

Attached Files:

10. Brad426

Local Time:
    Do you think I have enough clearance at the front of the rear tire and lower front of the rear fender. Do you see any other concerns? Thank you.

Attached Files:

11. Bigredlid

Bigredlid Central Pa 17059

Local Time:
    could you send me or post a pic of how you connected the wheel tubs to the quarters. im worried that the bottom of the quarters will flop around , not being attached

12. Brad426

Local Time:
    Sure, I'm not quite there yet. Working on the drive line to have a change of mind. I do not want to weld although that is best. I do not want to have to paint the car (if I do not have to). I tried an expermint using auto body seam seal on the one rear 1/4 and so far with all the rotation and moving arount it's still sealed. But I have a mind to use epoxy auto body panel bonding suff. 3M makes it and it is said to be like liquid nail is to wood. Honestly, I think that is you nail down the rear 1/4 aft of the wheel tub to the trunk floor or frame. The hoop or arc around the wheel tub to the inner fender is not going any place. I did find this stuff at TP Tools called flexible-edge-repair panel and it looks like the cats ass to repair the fender lip where I had to cut for tire clearance. It would be great to weld this repair panel to the outboard edge of the wheel tub and bond to the inner fender. More surface area to attached.
    I'll keep you posted.

Attached Files:

13. needsaresto

Local Time:
    That panel bonding stuff is amazing. Used it lots in body shops for glueing on whole 1/4 panels.Need to drill holes for screws to hold the part in place while the adhesive cures,and then weld the holes up..But imho much faster than welding and also eliminates warping from heat. Those flexible edge repair panels can be had at any canadian tire.

• Like Like x 1
    • MoparDemon

MoparDemon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Nice ride! you are doing an excellent job :prayer: where about's in Pitt Meadows are you? im right next door!:toothy7:

• Brad426

Local Time:
      Hay 604 Racing. Make room in your inbox

• Brad4406

Brad4406 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      11:20 AM
      Could you post some close up photos of your lower shock mounts? I'm going to have to fab some up and yours look to be exactly what I need to create.

Thanks,

Brad

• Brad426

Local Time:
      I feel like I'm over the hump now and starting to assemble the car. Going to put the diff in this week and get the rear of the car on wheels over the holidays the guys are coming over to help lower the car front onto the engine, "K" and transmission. It will be like Christmas for me to see that done. So far all the painting & coatings on the bottom has been rattle can. My observation is that if you follow the directions to the letter and watch the temp in the shop it turns out very well. It's going to make any touch ups easy. Stay tuned, safey holiday season to all.

Attached Files:

• mopardude318

mopardude318 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      looks awesome man! nice fab work!

• needsaresto

Local Time:
      Looking good Brad! I read about the lordco rattle can painting and was shocked about the price,so it's good to hear you at least got good results for those high $$.

Myself I feel you could have invested in a small air compressor and touch up gun for not much more than you paid to Lardco fo the rattle cans,and then just got regular old paint mixed up.

• Brad426

Local Time:
      So Brad is the Art Morrison setup sitting collecting dust?I,m interested why you didn,t go with it?[/QUOTE]

I returned the entire set up ($8,000.00) to Art Morrison. Long story short. I trailered the car to Fife, WA so AM could take the dimessions first hand. When I went to install the rear clip it was way off. 2.5" to one side way off. AM built it "centered". I call Scott there (the sales and messuring guy) to tell them that Mopars are 2.5" offset...Here's what AM's sales rep. said, "that's what unuversal joints are for". My next e-mail was to Mr. Morrison. I did get a full refund but it cost me two trips to Seattle and a whole lot of stress.............so I built my own. :sad1:

• Brad426

Local Time:
      Here ya go Brad. Might be easier just to buy them from Strange Engineering. Cheers

Attached Files:

• 67Dart273

67Dart273 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      My Lord there's some awesome stuff goin' on here.

• pettybludart

pettybludart Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      I returned the entire set up ($8,000.00) to Art Morrison. Long story short. I trailered the car to Fife, WA so AM could take the dimessions first hand. When I went to install the rear clip it was way off. 2.5" to one side way off. AM built it "centered". I call Scott there (the sales and messuring guy) to tell them that Mopars are 2.5" offset...Here's what AM's sales rep. said, "that's what unuversal joints are for". My next e-mail was to Mr. Morrison. I did get a full refund but it cost me two trips to Seattle and a whole lot of stress.............so I built my own. :sad1:[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hit a nerve Brad.Glad you got it straightened out with a full refund.It says alot about Mr. Morrisons dealings.:icon_smi:His sales rep sounds like a chebby only guy.:-x

• needsaresto

Local Time:
      Sorry to hit a nerve Brad.Glad you got it straightened out with a full refund.It says alot about Mr. Morrisons dealings.:icon_smi:His sales rep sounds like a chebby only guy.:-x[/QUOTE]

No kidding! That or just another obnoxious salesperson with lousy people skills.Glad it got straightened out!

• Mad Dart

Mad Dart Nothing to see Here!

Local Time:
      Ditto! This car is gunna be one wicked sumbeaaaatch when it is done!

• Like Like x 1
      1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.