Tunnel ram Tuesday!!!...

-
Thanks, yeah I'm undecided, not sure if I like the chrome look, I would probably paint it.
@PA Dodger has a sexy oval setup!

Edelbrock 1235 Edelbrock Pro-Flo Series Air Cleaners | Summit Racing
If you are asking for opinions I think two small air cleaners look better than an oval.

CHROME 6 3/8" FLAT TOP DUAL QUAD AIR CLEANER SET "RED" 5 1/8" 4 bbl #229RD-2 | eBay

That is just for example, those look a little cheap. But they style with the washable filters is boss.

CUDA DR SIDE.jpg

Definitely! I may have missed it but what air cleaners and filter did you use? I'm not sure whether to go oval or 2 singles.
That was all over the map on this one myself. I have went with two singles but sometimes I think about the single air cleaner for both. I just can't seem to find something that's unique like I like. It's just usually the stamped out same thing everybody else has and that's really not my style...

That was all over the map on this one myself. I have went with two singles but sometimes I think about the single air cleaner for both. I just can't seem to find something that's unique like I like. It's just usually the stamped out same thing everybody else has and that's really not my style...
Thanks J, yeah I would paint/decal it somehow. Also availability/quality of filters comes into play.
Do you have part #s?

Thanks J, yeah I would paint/decal it somehow. Also availability/quality of filters comes into play.
Do you have part #s?
It's been so many years since I bought them but I'm sure they're just the cheap summit 8 inch filters... I did things in the past like paint the bases white and then one time I painted them gold and then I just bought a new set and left them silver...
They do have k&n filters on them so you can clean them...

I got some cheap Mr Gasket 9 inch assemblies and then put some nice 3 inch tall K&N filters. But I have Holley (QF) carbs and the spacing in like 9 5/8ths apart. Carters/Edelbrock are like 6 3/4. Many 12 inch ovals available for that set up. I think your limited carb distance demands small single filters. I "believe" a
bigger oval would be a benefit.

SOME restriction, perhaps, but not huge. The area of the throttle bores is not significantly larger than the area of the available filter media.

(...and it's not a race car where every last horsepower is the quest.)

Works for me and dude asked for ideas.

Best of luck!

SOME restriction, perhaps, but not huge. The area of the throttle bores is not significantly larger than the area of the available filter media.

(...and it's not a race car where every last horsepower is the quest.)

Works for me and dude asked for ideas.

Best of luck!
Looks badass, and if you need more horsepower just pull the tops off and run open stacks.

Here's mine on my 12.8:1 471

IMG_20230917_154420097_HDR.jpg
, topped with 2inch merge spacers and blp 850 carbs .
I have atleast 100 hours into welding, porting, surfacing and finishing with 2 different burr finishes

Last edited:
While I'm here I may as well check out the "ignored content" which I'm sure is ignorant lol

I got my 660's working amazing. I ended up needing to open the squirters up from 0.025 to 0.033" Took the bog out almost completely. Also, adding an air bleed to lean the super rich characteristics common on the 660's fixed the rest of the run issues.

20230915_174830.jpg

Here's a picture with the thing put together completely . It has a black distributor cap on it now...too many colors makes it hard to tune lol.
Next picture will be in the crappy *** green dart.

IMG_20230926_110420587_HDR.jpg

-
Back