Turbo 383 in a A-body Barracuda

-
CONDENSED PART LIST OF WHAT I HAVE

I don't know if you guys have seen the MadDart build but I Started mine soon after. This was to be a budget build with ebay stuff. My plan was twin Chinese GT45 turbos but could not bring myself to do it that way.
I got the BW S480.
The S480 80mm with upgraded 1.10 A/R housing and .83 wheel is from the clasiffied section in TTF $775.00 shipped, came with 5" V-band clamp and starter pipe and 5" to 4" reducer that I am not using.
Oil feed and return kit from ebay $40 shipped
The JDMSport intercooler is from ebay, nice heavy cast piece. Pressure tested at 30lbs for 2 days. No leaks. The piping and couplers came with the kit for $145.00 plus $50 shipping. I will probably change the couplers later due to them being 3 layer. They look like they will be ok tho.
2- 3" to 4" couplers and 2 4" clamps(Ebay) Don't remember price
Bonnet/hat is a Spectre from ebay at $90 shipped, stud kit from autozone and it too is Spectre.
Godspeed 50mm BOV is from ebay at $68
Godspeed 60mm Wastegate is from ebay at $120 shipped
Hallman BMC is from ebay at $70 shipped
3/8" header flanges from ebay at $38 plus 15 shipping
Ebay header kit(Weld-up) $119.00 plus shipping(JEGS)
OBX T6 flange from ebay $20 shipped
5 OBX 3" flange kits at $30 ea. plus shipping(Ebay)
2- 5" 90's from MadDart $70 shipped
Aeromotive A1000 pump and boost reference regulator $350 from a friend, barely used
Aeromotive 16303 pump controller brand new from ebay $170.00 shipped
3" mandrel u's and straight pipe from local shop $100.00
K&N round filter from ebay $40 shipped
Autometer boost gauge free from my Pops
AEM afr gauge kit from ebay $150 shipped

$100 for 400 block from a friend
440 Source main girdle $275 plus shipping
$396.00 for Eagle H-beam rods shipped from THmotorsports.com
Forged 383 crank, mine
Ported iron 906 heads, mine.
Machine work and pistons-pins-rings-cam bearing, .060 overbore, Unknown $$ at this time. I still haven't got it from the machinist yet.
Fel-Pro gasket set $60 shipped from ebay

Looking for a used Performer RPM now. PENDING!

Scott Brown cam $315.00 shipped

I know there is more that I am forgetting!!

Will be using the 833 4 speed that is in the car. 3.55's in place of the 3.91's in the 8 3/4 now, will get a set of 3.0? soon after.

Still need to get main and rod inserts, they will be Clevite77 hp's, around $160.00
Mopar billet timing set $80

All of this is going into my QQ1 Blue 1968 383 "H" code Formula "S" Fastback Barracuda

Also bought all new rotors-calipers-pads-bearings-seals-hoses to convert it to disc brakes from 10" drum. $331.00
Just ordered all the balljoints, bushings and tie-rods too! $140

Changing the K-frame from sandwich mount to spool type. Had this already!

Then once this is completed I will begin the Body and Paint work. Waiting on AMD to produce some sheetmetal pieces I need that is suppose to be out in early Spring 2011.

CONDENSED PART LIST OF WHAT I HAVE

I don't know if you guys have seen the MadDart build but I Started mine soon after. This was to be a budget build with ebay stuff. My plan was twin Chinese GT45 turbos but could not bring myself to do it that way.
I got the BW S480.
The S480 80mm with upgraded 1.10 A/R housing and .83 wheel is from the clasiffied section in TTF $775.00 shipped, came with 5" V-band clamp and starter pipe and 5" to 4" reducer that I am not using.
Oil feed and return kit from ebay $40 shipped
The JDMSport intercooler is from ebay, nice heavy cast piece. Pressure tested at 30lbs for 2 days. No leaks. The piping and couplers came with the kit for $145.00 plus $50 shipping. I will probably change the couplers later due to them being 3 layer. They look like they will be ok tho.
2- 3" to 4" couplers and 2 4" clamps(Ebay) Don't remember price
Bonnet/hat is a Spectre from ebay at $90 shipped, stud kit from autozone and it too is Spectre.
Godspeed 50mm BOV is from ebay at $68
Godspeed 60mm Wastegate is from ebay at $120 shipped
Hallman BMC is from ebay at $70 shipped
3/8" header flanges from ebay at $38 plus 15 shipping
Ebay header kit(Weld-up) $119.00 plus shipping(JEGS)
OBX T6 flange from ebay $20 shipped
5 OBX 3" flange kits at $30 ea. plus shipping(Ebay)
2- 5" 90's from MadDart $70 shipped
Aeromotive A1000 pump and boost reference regulator $350 from a friend, barely used
Aeromotive 16303 pump controller brand new from ebay $170.00 shipped
3" mandrel u's and straight pipe from local shop $100.00
K&N round filter from ebay $40 shipped
Autometer boost gauge free from my Pops
AEM afr gauge kit from ebay $150 shipped

$100 for 400 block from a friend
440 Source main girdle $275 plus shipping
$396.00 for Eagle H-beam rods shipped from THmotorsports.com
Forged 383 crank, mine
Ported iron 906 heads, mine.
Machine work and pistons-pins-rings-cam bearing, .060 overbore, Unknown $$ at this time. I still haven't got it from the machinist yet.
Fel-Pro gasket set $60 shipped from ebay

Looking for a used Performer RPM now. PENDING!

Scott Brown cam $315.00 shipped

I know there is more that I am forgetting!!

Will be using the 833 4 speed that is in the car. 3.55's in place of the 3.91's in the 8 3/4 now, will get a set of 3.0? soon after.

Still need to get main and rod inserts, they will be Clevite77 hp's, around $160.00
Mopar billet timing set $80

All of this is going into my QQ1 Blue 1968 383 "H" code Formula "S" Fastback Barracuda

Also bought all new rotors-calipers-pads-bearings-seals-hoses to convert it to disc brakes from 10" drum. $331.00
Just ordered all the balljoints, bushings and tie-rods too! $140

Changing the K-frame from sandwich mount to spool type. Had this already!

Then once this is completed I will begin the Body and Paint work. Waiting on AMD to produce some sheetmetal pieces I need that is suppose to be out in early Spring 2011.

Are any Turbo parts or complete turbo's made in the USA?? I highly doubt it. Just so you know your S480 is probably made by the Chinese, Japanese or Korean's anyway!! haaaaaaaa

Are any Turbo parts or complete turbo's made in the USA?? I highly doubt it. Just so you know your S480 is probably made by the Chinese, Japanese or Korean's anyway!! haaaaaaaa

Uhoh!
Now I gotcha!
Borg/Warner Turbo's are German,

Germany

BorgWarner Turbo Systems
Worldwide Headquarters GmbH

Marnheimer Strasse 88
67292 Kirchheimbolanden
Germany
Fax ++49 (0) 6352/7533-99
  • Headquarters of BorgWarner Turbo Systems
Link,

http://www.turbos.bwauto.com/company/locationsEurope.aspx

I researched them too!!

I just scored this from a member of TTF at a GREAT price! N.I.B. $175 shipped

Attachments

• intake.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,185
Got this in Today! $140 shipped.. Spoke with the machine shop Friday and we are waiting on pistons.

Attachments

• MSD BTM 001.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,168
Well,
My machinist was suppose to call me this past Monday. Haven't heard from him. On top of this I was just advised that my Eagle rods most likely wil not be shipped before January 2011. WTF!!!!!

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well,
My machinist was suppose to call me this past Monday. Haven't heard from him. On top of this I was just advised that my Eagle rods most likely wil not be shipped before January 2011. WTF!!!!!

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well don't that just suck!

That's one thing I can't stand is someone say they will do something and never do it! Some people will say "Well maybe he is busy and he just forgot to call you." Hockey pock!! If he or she can't remember to call then they need to write it down as a reminder. Call me and tell me that you're not going to be able to do it at the promised time. Which ever way just let me know something......... don't leave me hanging!!

Had a friend back years ago said that he was going to come by pick me up and we was going to check out the gals. I waited, waited, and waited. He never showed, never called, or anything. I asked him later why he didn't show and he said " I changed my mind." I was like WTF!

Can't find the rods anywhere on a shorter time frame?

Well don't that just suck!

Can't find the rods anywhere on a shorter time frame?

I tried, everyone stated they are drop-shipped from Eagle. Emailed the store I bought them from to see if they can get the Scat rods or something equal. Waiting on a response.

This is the off season for dragracing for the next 4 weeks. The tracks will be open again the first weekend of January. Everybody is tearing down for freshening I guess! My machinist is a really busy guy but doesn't excuse him for not calling.

man, you have got some nice stuff coming in. I hate the hurry up and wait crap. Really like the thread so far.

man, you have got some nice stuff coming in. I hate the hurry up and wait crap. Really like the thread so far.

Yeah,
I am going nuts here!!
I am going to call and raise hell tomorrow. If I can just get my block back that would be great! I will leave the crank with him and as soon as I can get a set of rods I will run them to him so he can balance the rotating assy.. I just need the block so mock-up can begin.

See if you can get another block for mock up even a cracked POS would work! Look around and see if you can locate one or borrow one from someone! You need to start going cause you have way too many parts ready to go!

See if you can get another block for mock up even a cracked POS would work! Look around and see if you can locate one or borrow one from someone! You need to start going cause you have way too many parts ready to go!

Agreed,
The old 383 I had was given to my buddy but he is out of town till after the holidays. I will be calling the machinist at 9am sharp to find out what the heck is goin on. I think he has been sitting on my block and pushing others in front of it. Dammit!

I am sooooooooooooooooooo pissed!
Finally got in contact with the machinist and he has done Nothing! Said he can only get Custom Diamond pistons for the 400.. I call B...S...!

So, he didn't do anything to my 400 and now is telling me that it will be middle of January. >:>:>:WTF!!! Same with the damn rods!!

All I could say is O'well, Just get the damn thing machined! I am really starting to lose interest quick!!!

I feel your pain. I have about 8 boxes of parts and new seats for my Duster and its been at the paint booth for over 2 months and 90% done for a month. He painted the body minus the hood, bumpers, and veillance in early november then went on vacation for three weeks. But at least he gave me a heads up that he was going on vacation so if he didnt finish it before it would be mid Dec. I am expecting a call here soon.

You need to get another block for sure and start the mock up. That will keep you busy and then the wait will be perfect timing for the real engine. Mine is machined ready to assemble, having the extra block made the wait no big deal!

-
Back