Unreal intake manifold cost

-
Like I’ve mentioned in similar rant threads, one can sit and watch something for sale, such as on EBay, here, or anywhere and never pull the trigger. Reality is you see something you need/want you buy it now, or miss out again and again waiting for the magical fair deal. Hit the “watch” tab on Ebay listings and dream.
I love swooping in and snatching something on EBay with a bunch of “watchers” watching.... and then it’s All mine chumps!:icon_fU:

Is that a single plane intake? If I go with a 4 barrel, I'm going with a dual plane intake. I'm in no hurry, time is on my side. I'm sure that I can find someone that will be willing to sell their intake manifold at a fair price. I don't and won't buy the first one that I see. I don't believe in impulse buying as that's a bad idea

yes, its a smallish single plane. Milder than a Victor. Good street/strip piece. Streetable, but i have been 10.70’s with it as well.

Last edited:
They want to get rid of old cars. Foundaries don't just magically dry up materials don't just magically dry up unless they're all controlled by one entity.

I can wait till thing's calm down, remember what goes up must come down
In the past that was true.
But if you have been paying attention, the world we knew and loved before Biden, is no more and it is not likely to ever come back. Evil has come to North America. The people; do not /can not /will not, see/accept it, so this evil will be the cancer that kills most of us. When you see what you need or want, buy it while you can.
Every day that you wait, is another day that your money is slipping into worthlessness. May I suggest a freezer full of meat, a cabin in the woods near a lake, with a patch of arable land, and a plow-ox.

In the past that was true.
But if you have been paying attention, the world we knew and loved before Biden, is no more and it is not likely to ever come back. Evil has come to North America. The people; do not /can not /will not, see/accept it, so this evil will be the cancer that kills most of us. When you see what you need or want, buy it while you can.
Every day that you wait, is another day that your money is slipping into worthlessness. May I suggest a freezer full of meat, a cabin in the woods near a lake, with a patch of arable land, and a plow-ox.
I transport muscle cars for a living and have been to Mecum and Barrett-Jackson auctions in January. Prices on cars have skyrocketed again like in 2008. People are having their dream cars moved like I have never seen, I am so busy I am turning down transports! People are freaked out about the direction of this country and the world and want to get things they always wanted, therefore prices are still rising. It is hard to get a car into any restoration shop worth it's salt too, most are booked out for years...

somebody needs to start 3d printing them or resin cast /mold. Hell dorman makes/sells replacement composite intakes for everyone.. OEM has been doing them for a while now...!! a resin airgap would be ultimate//virtually no heat transfer!!
shoot someone with a home 3d printer can make clips/door /window/guides/rear seat cams ect.... just need a good one to scan... todays tech can outweigh a 3rd world country melting soda /beer cans for a intake...

Last edited:
I transport muscle cars for a living and have been to Mecum and Barrett-Jackson auctions in January. Prices on cars have skyrocketed again like in 2008. People are having their dream cars moved like I have never seen, I am so busy I am turning down transports! People are freaked out about the direction of this country and the world and want to get things they always wanted, therefore prices are still rising. It is hard to get a car into any restoration shop worth it's salt too, most are booked out for years...
Mecum auction is the cheapest place to buy a car, I saw a 1968 firebird go for $19,900 and it was sweet

True, our hobby doesn't have much longer anyway, they are causing supply issues on purpose

Used stuff is going up because people can and will take advantage of situation. I'll go with out before I over pay for anything.

Make sure when you sell your junk you give it away. That’s what the market is. This is what 80 million voted for. Suck it up or go play golf.

I'm going to watch a rerun of Road Warrior tonight.
I'm preparing my build, it will run on recycled sewage out of D.C.

I looked at the fees on ebay the other day..
I feel like it's only a matter of time before ebay will be egone. 12% or some sh/t.

I hope this isn't the end. I have parts on the way, parts in the sheds, and cars that I still need to build !!! I plan on completing my plans as well!~ All I know is about 98% of new cars sold still use gas.... :)

I just looked up the price of a edelbrock performer intake for a sbm and it was like $390, I'm not paying that for a intake manifold. Found a used one for $300, that's worth a $150
That's really not that bad, over here you will pay around $600 for an edelbrock performer and $800-900 for an air gap.
Naturally as the price of new parts increases so will the price of second hand parts. You guys have enjoyed crazy cheap parts for years - even with the price increases parts are cheaper in the US than any other part of the world. Old cars ain't a cheap hobby and I for one are just gratefull they are still making parts for our cars.
Suck it up or give it up I reckon.

That's really not that bad, over here you will pay around $600 for an edelbrock performer and $800-900 for an air gap.
Naturally as the price of new parts increases so will the price of second hand parts. You guys have enjoyed crazy cheap parts for years - even with the price increases parts are cheaper in the US than any other part of the world. Old cars ain't a cheap hobby and I for one are just gratefull they are still making parts for our cars.
Suck it up or give it up I reckon.
Its cheaper here because we build them here Duh

Of course, but even factoring the exchange rate and shipping there is still a massive Mark up for the overseas market.
Even China made stuff is much cheaper to buy in the US. We also make stuff here too, but it's still expensive compared to what's produced in the US.

That's what they go for now. Hawk ebay of the for sale ads here and you might find a deal.

I see the best deals on intakes on marketplace. Somebody just had a real nice piece for a 100 bucks.

They want to get rid of old cars. Foundaries don't just magically dry up materials don't just magically dry up unless they're all controlled by one entity.
Then we'd better start stockin up, huh?

-
Back