Update on My 64 Dart project

-
and

012009 111.jpg

I decided to go old school. I picked these 15X4 Cragers up at the pamona Swap Meet in October of last year

Johns64012.jpg

Johns64013.jpg

It,s lookin like your comin along,also like the oldschool look!I,m just waiting for my leafsprings so I can get mine on the ground.Then it,s going for a new windshield and front end alighnment and safety.Hope to get it all done while I,m laidoff for 3 weeks in Febuary.Didn,t know you had the 2x4,s on there.Cool!

trim 050.jpg

trim 053.jpg

It,s lookin like your comin along,also like the oldschool look!I,m just waiting for my leafsprings so I can get mine on the ground.Then it,s going for a new windshield and front end alighnment and safety.Hope to get it all done while I,m laidoff for 3 weeks in Febuary.Didn,t know you had the 2x4,s on there.Cool!

Is that a 65? You going with stock springs? I need to raise my rear about 1 inch. I'm running Calverts so I need to get the part number from him. For now that can wait. What are you running. What size are those rear wheels/tires?

It,s a 66 Dart,it,s got a 6 banger with all new holley 4 bbl. offenhouser 4bbl. intake with brand new headders and dual exhaust all the way to the back.I,ve only owned it for 1 month,swapped brakes to disc. and new 8 3/4 bbp rear.I have 15 x7 rallys for rear,B.F T/A,s 255/60/15.I set the car down and found out the springs are shot.Couldn,t tell with the 13,s on when I bought it.The slicks are 26x10 that I use on the Dart Sport(when haveing fun)HaHa!!Don,t have it in me to yank out all this new stuff PO put on(not yet anyway)

trim 013.jpg

trim 018.jpg

It,s a 66 Dart,it,s got a 6 banger with all new holley 4 bbl. offenhouser 4bbl. intake with brand new headders and dual exhaust all the way to the back.I,ve only owned it for 1 month,swapped brakes to disc. and new 8 3/4 bbp rear.I have 15 x7 rallys for rear,B.F T/A,s 255/60/15.I set the car down and found out the springs are shot.Couldn,t tell with the 13,s on when I bought it.The slicks are 26x10 that I use on the Dart Sport(when haveing fun)HaHa!!Don,t have it in me to yank out all this new stuff PO put on(not yet anyway)

Looks to be a fresh motor

It starts up at right of way,but I haven,t driven it other than in the garage and up on stands right of way.Done lots since Dec.22!73 swinger D,shaft bolted right in(other than u-joint swap to the 7290')

hey there is a column on efag for $25 from a 66 barracuda. floor shift too

Got everything buttoned up today. Got all the brake lines tightened up except the M/C to BP valve for rear brakes. Had the wrong fitting so I'll ahve to take it back and have another fitting put on. Got the steering column in so a I'm about ready to start on the engine. I'd like to fire that puppy up in a few weeks. here's some pick of it finally with all four tires stitting pretty much the way i'll be driving it. As soon as the trailer is freed up it's off to get the exhaust done next week.

Dart 1.jpg

Dart 2.jpg

Dart 3.jpg

Dart 5.jpg

Dart 6.jpg

Dart 7.jpg

Dart 8.jpg

Dart 9.jpg

Thanks guys. I took the headlight bezels off. While pushing the car one of the guys helping pushed on the bezel distorting it. I got them from Laysons. They are nice but are made od extreamly thin aluminum. I think I'll just restore the originals.

Worked on my braided line today. Used my Cool Tool that I bought this past summer for the first time. The braided line wentr right in the fitting with no problems. Sure beats the old fashion way of having to tape up the ends and fight getting all the steel braids into the fitting. Also spend today cleaning pistons for my next project motor.

Thought I would give a quick update on the car. Finally got the core support trimmed up and the aluminum radiator mocked up. Finsihed all the fuel line up to the engine compartment, fuel log set up and carbs bolted down. Took the car over to the muffler shop today in the pouring rain and the exhaust is now all hooked up. Really attacted a crowd at the shop, people driving by and willing to step out in the rain to look at the car. i'll try and get some more pics tomorrow evening after work.

-
Back