Update on My 64 Dart project

-
Just a note about scattershields and fenderwells. I have no clearance issues at all with vintage Hooker fenderwell race headers. They have a straight down dump, and if you need to hook up exhaust, you will use a set of cut-outs. Change the plugs in 10 minutes, and nothing in the way of the bellcrank and starter. Simple. I am going to have someone bend me another set as a matter of fact; just need to find a place to chrome them. I really like them
Nice looking Dart.

headers.jpg

Just a note about scattershields and fenderwells. I have no clearance issues at all with vintage Hooker fenderwell race headers. They have a straight down dump, and if you need to hook up exhaust, you will use a set of cut-outs. Change the plugs in 10 minutes, and nothing in the way of the bellcrank and starter. Simple. I am going to have someone bend me another set as a matter of fact; just need to find a place to chrome them. I really like them
Nice looking Dart.

I also have a set of those. They are vintage 1966, ran on a Junior stocker 65 Dart, 273/4 speed. problem with those headers is running a duel master cylinder. I'll have to re-adjust one of the tubes. The headers on the Dart are Hedmans.

Took some pictures of the progress over the past few days. As I said earlier got the exhaust installed yesterday. I'm also working on the forward wiring harness. I don't like the position of the relay and the voltage regulator. Too much heat in that area and with the relay so close to the distributor there coust be the makings of shorting out while adjusting the distributor. Too cluttered around the master cylinder I'll have to give it some thought on where to relocate both the starter relay and the voltage regulator.

Exhausr side view.jpg

Exhaust Y pipe.jpg

Flamming RiverSteering joint.jpg

Fuel Line.jpg

Fuel line 2.jpg

Fuel pump.jpg

Interior.jpg

Resonator.jpg

View of exhaust from the front.jpg

Y pipe 2.jpg

ill have to dig out my old pics, im pretty sure i ran a dual res master cylinder on a 66 with fender wells,,

ill have to dig out my old pics, im pretty sure i ran a dual res master cylinder on a 66 with fender wells,,

I'm not saying they won't work, I'm just saying that the Hookers I have will not unless I move a tube. The Hedmans on the car right now will work.

I should add on the exhaust pictures above that I used a Flowmaster Y pipe with 2 1/4" inlet and 3" outlet that was necked down to 2 1/4". the resonator is a Accurate piece. The entire system is 2 1/4". As you can see i'm only running the the resonator on the street. Can't be no louder than some of those Harleys running around.

Got the radiator in this weekend, also did some trimming of the core support for a better fit. Mocked up the drive shaft. I need to go shopping this week for some more parts, starter, voltage regulator, and some other odds and ends. I also got in a reel of 002 cable so I can start wiring in the trunk battery. I just need to decide on the cutoff switch location.

Car is coming along quickly,just a thought for helping with space.I just wired up an alternator with an internal regulator.It helps with having brighter lights and stereo.Just a thought!

they are made by mooney eyes,,,and the colors come and go,,blue seems to stay around

fstfish66  digitial oct 2007 043.jpg

I really like the blue steering wheel too dart4forte. It reminds me of the early 70's and pip industries, they made all that stuff and it was very popular back then. Very cool and the car is looking like a rocket, very nice.

I really like the blue steering wheel too dart4forte. It reminds me of the early 70's and pip industries, they made all that stuff and it was very popular back then. Very cool and the car is looking like a rocket, very nice.

I have it back over at the other shop now. My focus is getting the engine prepped for fire. hoses, finish the fuel line, water pump, drive shaft, gauges, tach etc. Once the motor has fire I'll start working toward the interior.

I have all the parts now to start on the electrical. I'll probably go with the MAD instructions. I am ordering the mini starter from 440Source. Can't beat $89.

Took some pictures of the progress over the past few days. As I said earlier got the exhaust installed yesterday. I'm also working on the forward wiring harness. I don't like the position of the relay and the voltage regulator. Too much heat in that area and with the relay so close to the distributor there coust be the makings of shorting out while adjusting the distributor. Too cluttered around the master cylinder I'll have to give it some thought on where to relocate both the starter relay and the voltage regulator.

Hey I like the steering wheel.....it also looks just like mine when it comes to plumbing the electric fuel pump. Mounted in the same area also.

I put my regulator by my alternator.....not sure if that was the best place for it or not. I'm using two starter relays on my car. The stock one(which is in the stock location and a phord style one in the trunk.

Hey I like the steering wheel.....it also looks just like mine when it comes to plumbing the electric fuel pump. Mounted in the same area also.

I put my regulator by my alternator.....not sure if that was the best place for it or not. I'm using two starter relays on my car. The stock one(which is in the stock location and a phord style one in the trunk.

The way i'll wire it will be the continuous duty will be in the trunk. The live cable and associated wires will go to the stock relay and then to the starter. I'll probably mount the relay on the inner fender away from the master cylinder

So you going to leave that starter wire hot, huh? With the phord style or AMC (which would have the extra terminal for the safety neutral switch) it's dead unless in ignition two. Ignition one is dead all the time.

It's looking good.

So you going to leave that starter wire hot, huh? With the phord style or AMC (which would have the extra terminal for the safety neutral switch) it's dead unless in ignition two. Ignition one is dead all the time.

It's looking good.

not quite sure. I have the MAD diagram that I'll study up on before I make the attempt

Looking good!Was checking out your pics. and remembered I,ve also gotta modify my crossmember for duals.So I finished it before work today!Keep up the good progress.

not quite sure. I have the MAD diagram that I'll study up on before I make the attempt

I posted the MAD's Mopar wiring diagram here once before I do believe.....I here ya on the studying deal.

I studied for a long time before I dove in on the Valiant stuff......now I'm getting ready to do the 86 RC. I'm hoping to do that tomorrow night.

I posted the MAD's Mopar wiring diagram here once before I do believe.....I here ya on the studying deal.

I studied for a long time before I dove in on the Valiant stuff......now I'm getting ready to do the 86 RC. I'm hoping to do that tomorrow night.

LOL .. I'm actually using the diagram you posted

-
Back