Valiant vs Dart

-

oregonhd

big daddy John
Reaction score
I have a 75 PLymouth Valiant 2 door, totally stripped out, paint removed, ready for body work, I also have a rebuilt front suspension kmember set up for a big block, also a bored 30 440 rebuilt, with 727 w/shift kit, 2400 stall converter, narrow 8 3/4 rearend w/410 posi, basically a whole drive train ready to go, the problem being I just picked up a 72 dart swinger for next to nothing, really good shape, just a little work needed on the right front fender, my question is should I stop working on the Valiant and put all these goodies in the dart? or just keep working on the Valiant? I am a long way from being finished with the Valiant, but could have the dart running soon, please let me know what you think?​

I do believe that k member from the Valiant will fit the dart, I am leaning toward the dart, I could just take the guts from the dart and put them in the Valiant.

if the dart is a lot quicker to completion project, I would vote for the Dart. installing mechanicals in a cleaner body always works out better for me, seems like I tend to bite off more than I can chew for body work on most projects!

If you require a complete rotissere restoration on either then maybe you could finish the Valiant sooner, but that is not how you have worded the question.

I think that I might have bitten more off than I was thinking I hate body work, but I am learning from the expierence, I think that I am going work on the dart, I might just switch the guts, I have lot of time to work on the valiant. I might just use that as my practice and learn vehical.

The Dart will probly be 200 lbs or more lighter because the 75 Valiant will have shock bumper front and rear and lots more useless heavy stuff. I say go Dart, and I'm a Plymouth Guy!

personally,i would go with the valiant,because you don't see many of them around but if the dart is closer to running,i guess go for the dart.

I'd drive the dart and work on the plymouth. I agree w/ moparmanik , lots less valiants rollin around compared to darts. You've got a clean slate w/ the plymouth to go any direction you want and know that it's all your work in there when yer done. I'm a big fan of personal satisfaction, if I did it I like it more than if I bought someone elses work. JMHO

I'm biased towards the '72 dart,If it was an earlier model valiant it would be a close call.

He could do like varlo and change it all to a earlier style

Just my opion if I understand you correctly I would get the Dart running and continue with the Valiant at least that way you can drive the dart and finish the Valiant as you have wanted to from the start then you would be under no rush to try and get something to drive and in the end you will have two cars, and then you can start a restoration on the Dart

-
Back