vent windows

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
What is the easiest way to remove these from my 65 Barracuda. I'm preparing to paint. I have a service manual, but it doesn't really detail how to remove these.
Thanks as always for your advise.

Front wing or vent windows can only be removed, unless you are just talking about the glass, by removing the entire chrome frame. It requires removing door panel, there are 2 allen head bolts at front of door, under weather striping, two hidden bolts behind door trim under wing window, and there are I believe two or three more inside the door itself. After you have all the bolts removed you can lift the whole assembly out thru the top. Not EZ but it can be done. O yes you have to remove the door glass first. Now just the glass, remove the screw inside on top hindge and remove hindge from glass and you can lift out the glass, kind of tough but it will lift out of lower frame.

Actualy there is only one bolt inside the door itself, low down.

Awesome Tim. I thought I could do a better, more complete job this way. The windows are coming out. Started with the rear ones yesterday and will do some more next weekend.

Awesome Tim. I thought I could do a better, more complete job this way. The windows are coming out. Started with the rear ones yesterday and will do some more next weekend.

Best job of painting is complete teardown. Down to sheet metal. Not everyone does that but is you see those 100,000 show cars they did complete teardown and paint then put back togather.

Mine will not be that much, but I do want a good job but don't really want it to look like a new car. I am looking forward to getting the paint complete. Yesterday, I did finish the fuel tank install as well as getting the rear windows to roll up and down. I removed the glass and all of the trim from the interior as well as most of the exterior trim.
Working is interfering with my car time.

I put masking tape on both sides of the window opening. you are correct good chance to hurt paint And I just looked at link you provided, that is for a 67 and up. He is working on a 65 I think

Yep,, that's why I said it MAY be helpful..

I don't care how much tape you put on,, if you twist the channel against the paint,, it'll take out a chunk, not a scratch,, just something to be aware of...

see my sig. below...

Yep,, that's why I said it MAY be helpful..

I don't care how much tape you put on,, if you twist the channel against the paint,, it'll take out a chunk, not a scratch,, just something to be aware of...

see my sig. below...

I agree, I had to repaint one door because of that.

Here are some pics of what you'll be looking at.

The Barracuda emblem will have to be pried out. You can see in the photo where the allen screws are located. The last one is the vent assembly after removal.

Attachments

• barracuda emblem.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 128
  • barracuda emblem 2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 123
  • allens.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 127
  • dr frm.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 115
  • wing assy.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 127
Thanks, I've pulled all of the trim and the door panels are off. Now to fight some rust issues on the inside.

Thanks, I've pulled all of the trim and the door panels are off. Now to fight some rust issues on the inside.

I cleaned my doors inside as good as I could then I fiberglassed the bottom making sure to leave the drains clear. Hopefully a good idea.

Here are some pics of what you'll be looking at.

The Barracuda emblem will have to be pried out. You can see in the photo where the allen screws are located. The last one is the vent assembly after removal.

Nice pics. Thanks shows what I was refering too.:):)

Great information. You guys are awesome. Thanks for the help.

-
Back