very mild 360 build.

-
never heard of one. whats it do? shouldn't the bypass equalized the pressure on both sides?
Not the expert, but something along the lines of the stat not reacting super quick to temp change (so reacts slower)? Just a guy following instructions sometimes I just "do".

here is the breakdown of what it cost me.. i'm sure there were a few things i probably didn't need and some things could have been purchased cheaper if i spent more time looking but summit and mancini are so conveinent. . tax and shipping are not inclused in the prices.

the heads, cam,lifters and valve springs i bought from my buddy dave. the oil pan gasket is discontinued so i couldn't find a price for that.. it was under 50 bucks if i remember. have had that for a few years on the shelf..

RingsSpeed ProR-93435151.99
Main BearingsClevite P-SeriesMS-1266P96.99
Rod BearingsClevite P-SeriesCB-481P67.92
Rod BoltsARPARP-144-600172.99
Oil PumpMellingM-72HV113.99
Windage Tray StudsMilodon8115181.99
Cam Gear bushingDura-BondDur-AD-5847.98
CamMopar PerformanceP4452759215
LiftersMopar PerformanceP36143210
Valve SpringsMopar PerformanceP42868130
Head GasketsMR. Gasket1121G71.64
Oil Pan Gasket (one piece)Jegs555-2104950
Gasket KitFelproFS 8553 PT-14103.99
BalancerBlueprintBPP360119.95
Timing ChainCloyes9-3503X999.99
Push RodsManciniMRE7115139.99
Fuel Pump EccentricMopar PerformanceP412048437.99
Valve Stem SealsMancini369096324.95
Block Cleaning, Beaings/PlugsD&F340.82
HeadsDave500
Total:
2248.17​

Last edited:
Don't know what part number cam bearings you got but many Durabond cam bearings are soft. Pioneer makes a better dampener. I'd have spent on a mancini Billet timing set at that cost. Hv pump, unnecessary and the rings... overboard, hastings would be a great fit at quality and cost. I'd use the stock 8 impeller water pump too. Such a mild build should not need more when you can cool a 416 with stock 8 impeller already.

Not knocking, just sharing.

Last edited:
With the high flow water pump I would install a high flow thermostat. Like a Robert Shaw. That way the motor can take advantage of the high flow pump.

Don't know what part number cam bearings you got but many Durabond cam bearings are soft. Pioneer makes a better dampener. I'd have spent on a mancini Billet timing set at that cost. Hv pump, unnecessary and the rings... overboard, hastings would be a great fit at quality and cost. I'd use the stock 8 impeller water pump too. Such a mild build should not need more when you can cool a 416 with stock 8 impeller already.

Not knocking, just sharing.
I've had that water pump for years sitting on the shelf which is why its not listed on the spread sheet. cam bearings i forget what they were. machine shop supplied those. the other stuff is what dave wanted. its stuff he has used in the past and has been good. I'm fine with the stuff i used. only posted that to give guys interested a ball park on cost not opinions on what someone else would have used.

Last edited:
went over with a different carb today.. the other one was really fat. this one ran decent. probably needs a rebuild if i was going to use it. idle it has about 16 in of vac. and about 60psi of oil pressure at a cooler idle. it still has striaght 30 weight break in oil in it.

its ready to come home if it ever stops raining here....

IMG_20240403_134659.jpg

IMG_20240403_134709.jpg

IMG_20240403_164543.jpg

SWEET!! Agreed on the rain. I'm going to have lake front property with a few more storms. :rolleyes:

Looks like it running real smooth. Great you have that run stand check for leaks fix any issues before it goes in car ect.

Was you able to get the engine home and in your car?
its on a dolly in daves garage. he said i can leave it there until i need it. really waiting on the trans... once that is here i have a couple stupid little things to get bit nothing big. may save the cash and buy the larger torsion bars for it so i can do them with the extra room of the motor not being there.. has 1" now and i'd like to go 1.08. may also go with Delrin kiwer arm bushings too and get rid of the rubber. thats anothertthing that would be easy to do with no motor.

Sounds like you have a good plan for your car. I don't know what I'm going to do yet, I know for sure that I'm tired of looking at junk.

-
Back