very mild 360 build.

-
Sounds like you have a good plan for your car.

well its a plan.. not sure if its a good one or not..lol..

i want to do this stuff and not touch it again except for tinkering around with it.. burned out of doing this big stuff.. its why i bought the 08 mustang.. i just keep it clean and tinker with it and get a big smile on my face whenever i take it for a drive.

well its a plan.. not sure if its a good one or not..lol..

i want to do this stuff and not touch it again except for tinkering around with it.. burned out of doing this big stuff.. its why i bought the 08 mustang.. i just keep it clean and tinker with it and get a big smile on my face whenever i take it for a drive.
I like to open giant cans of worms then get dumb founded when cost and schedule spiral out of control. But its looking like thats how I am gonna keep rolling.

the Oregon cam i ordered came today. i didn't cancel it just incase I don't like the MP cam thats in it now I'll have another option.

IMG_20240422_181534.jpg

IMG_20240422_181540.jpg

IMG_20240422_181604.jpg

IMG_20240422_181607.jpg

IMG_20240422_181617.jpg

IMG_20240422_181625.jpg

IMG_20240422_181628.jpg

IMG_20240422_181700.jpg

IMG_20240422_181717.jpg

Did you have a shift kit installed in the transmission when you had it rebuilt? If so what stage did you get?

when my buddy tom does my transmissions he makes his own kit. uses good clutches, good band, 4.2 leaver. he makes it shift fast but not harsh. i can't stand a real hard shifting trans. i'll see if i can get some better details on what he does in there..

so i asked my buddy what he does to my 904's to make them last.

his reply:

****. Nothing exotic in there. The most exotic thing is the direct clutches and the fact there is 5 of them instead of 4.

There's a 4.2 lever. 1 5/8 wide band. 5 direct clutches. I always replace the bushing in the front drum no matter what and make sure the end play is on the tight end of the spec. I have a few secrets I do in the front drum. I drill a hole or two, enlarge a hole or two in the valve body. I have a certain way I set the line pressure screw. I use a screen filter. I set the two bands to my liking. Every unit is different, it's done by feel. And I normally don't do anything to the accumulators.

Other than that it is a close to tolerance stock overhaul replacing all the needed parts.

And on the installation, the linkage better be adjusted right and the kickdown better be hooked up or I don't want to hear a ******* word.

so i asked my buddy what he does to my 904's to make them last.

his reply:

****. Nothing exotic in there. The most exotic thing is the direct clutches and the fact there is 5 of them instead of 4.

There's a 4.2 lever. 1 5/8 wide band. 5 direct clutches. I always replace the bushing in the front drum no matter what and make sure the end play is on the tight end of the spec. I have a few secrets I do in the front drum. I drill a hole or two, enlarge a hole or two in the valve body. I have a certain way I set the line pressure screw. I use a screen filter. I set the two bands to my liking. Every unit is different, it's done by feel. And I normally don't do anything to the accumulators.

Other than that it is a close to tolerance stock overhaul replacing all the needed parts.

And on the installation, the linkage better be adjusted right and the kickdown better be hooked up or I don't want to hear a ******* word.
What is a 4.2 lever and a 1 5/8 wide band?

i had a 360 the previous owner had built to mimic the little red express engine. same cam,wind age tray etc. it ran well enough in my 74 dart to win a bunch of street races but was mild enough my wife delivered pizza with it. That may be the sort of build you are looking for.
Can you remember the camshaft specs?

I'm pretty sure all 4 bbl 360's came with that cam, right? Not just LRE's.
I don't know if this is true or not but I heard that the 1974 dart sport had two versions of the 360 and one was considered a high performance option because it had the 340 cam and again I don't know this for a fact, same thing for the 1974 360 duster's. I could be wrong about this

I never heard anything about them having W2's, if they did that would be awesome

78 prototype did. never made it to production though. the prototype didn't have heat shields on the stacks either. few higher up burned themselves and the stacks got shields for production..

-
Back