Victor Heads on the dyno

-
Yeah baby, now that is what you can do with a good cylinder head.
We stopped pulling at 6500rpm and it was still making power. I think we could have taken a little more jet out of the primaries and made a tick more. Our 2" spacer was making 10 more hp and 10-12 more torque but we took that off at 622, dropped back to 612 and tuned back to 630. I think this combo has 650 in it but we didn't have the time nor did we really need to wring it out. It's 11.2 CR, pump gas and a hydraulic roller 262/267@050 on a 110. The exhaust side flows way too well in comparison to the intake and my cam ended up not being the ideal grind. 262/262 on a 112 would have been better. It's an incredible head for SBMs.

what is the minimum bore size you can go to fit the large intake valves for these heads ?.. thanks

what is the minimum bore size you can go to fit the large intake valves for these heads ?.. thanks
Edelbrock Engineering tells me 4.00". My personal calculations say go 4.04" to be safe.

C5CA6BED-272E-47A5-A033-0B917E8B7F46_zpsurqu45rg.jpg

Still making power when we shut it off.

Jim ... do you think that is to much cylinder head for a hydraulic roller ... .030 over 340/360 stroker ... 408/416... or do we need to be in the 420-440 cubic inch ballpark ?.. thanks

Jim ... do you think that is to much cylinder head for a hydraulic roller ... .030 over 340/360 stroker ... 408/416... or do we need to be in the 420-440 cubic inch ballpark ?.. thanks

Hmmm, 408-416? My personal opinion is, it isn't enough cylinder head for a 408/416.

Hmmm, 408-416? My personal opinion is, it isn't enough cylinder head for a 408/416.

The edelbrock website says they have a 225cc intake runner,does anyone know if that is correct?. Seems small compared to the cnc indy 245cc runner and small even compared to my daily driver L76 Holden with L92 heads(pontiac equivalent) 6L engine at just over 260cc on the intake runner.

The edelbrock website says they have a 225cc intake runner,does anyone know if that is correct?. Seems small compared to the cnc indy 245cc runner and small even compared to my daily driver L76 Holden with L92 heads(pontiac equivalent) 6L engine at just over 260cc on the intake runner.
Yes and yes. Our original plan was to use the 245 cc Indy and shoot for 700hp. I think the power would have been better but I'm glad I didn't have to deal with Indy and their problems. I would love to see a 245cc version of the Edelbrock. That intake port would better balance the great exhaust port already on the Edelbrock.

Yes and yes. Our original plan was to use the 245 cc Indy and shoot for 700hp. I think the power would have been better but I'm glad I didn't have to deal with Indy and their problems. I would love to see a 245cc version of the Edelbrock. That intake port would better balance the great exhaust port already on the Edelbrock.

Thanks for clarifying that, i really hate that my daily driver has better heads than my small block mopars.
Looking at options for a head to use on an 8/71 blown small block at the moment, was going to use some open chamber w2 heads but not sure they are big enough port wise,apparently they are around 180cc stock and ported around 205 -210cc.
Not sure if they will be a limiting factor in making decent power with boost or not.
Agree with the indy issues,know a few people that have had dramas.

Thanks for clarifying that, i really hate that my daily driver has better heads than my small block mopars.
Looking at options for a head to use on an 8/71 blown small block at the moment, was going to use some open chamber w2 heads but not sure they are big enough port wise,apparently they are around 180cc stock and ported around 205 -210cc.
Not sure if they will be a limiting factor in making decent power with boost or not.
Besides the Indys, it's the best option out there. A 245 cc version would be killer. Those old W2's won't hang with this head.

Forget cc's they don't take into account the length of the port. Think in terms of C.ross S.ectional A.rea. W2's have way more CSA than the 180cc's would indicate. J.Rob

There is a guy who did Victor heads on a Ritter block on another forum who made 796 horsepower with them and used a 4150 style carb.
If I remember right the guy has been over 140 mph ish on the throttle stop with them running a .90 class car.
He thought with a dominator they would have picked up a good bit more power. It's a better head than an Indy head.

There is a guy who did Victor heads on a Ritter block on another forum who made 796 horsepower with them and used a 4150 style carb.
If I remember right the guy has been over 140 mph ish on the throttle stop with them running a .90 class car.
He thought with a dominator they would have picked up a good bit more power. It's a better head than an Indy head.
Got a link?

Got a link?

It was on Moparts not long ago. Long thread. Go back a few pages you will find it. He had it dyno'ed at the same place Steve Kent gets his SS/AH motor dyno'ed. Guess that dyno always showed his motor 30-40 horse down from the best motors in that class but he runs right at the top with them, so the dyno most definitely isn't " happy"

It was on Moparts not long ago. Long thread. Go back a few pages you will find it. He had it dyno'ed at the same place Steve Kent gets his SS/AH motor dyno'ed. Guess that dyno always showed his motor 30-40 horse down from the best motors in that class but he runs right at the top with them, so the dyno most definitely isn't " happy"
I don't doubt it, it's a great cylinder head. We were limited on pump gas, CR, cam, rocker ratio and carb choice. I think my combo could have hit 650 if I'd had the time and maybe get close to 700 if I had a second shot at grinding the cam.

-
Back