Vintage ( LA Intake Comparisons )

-
maybe they wait for 10 orders to start the line again? I never ordered one, I always found them used.... "sure, Itll be ready Oct 12...."...Uh, forget it......

I don't know. That just seems like a good way to go out of business to me. I wish we knew for sure.

As far as I know, Offenhauser is pretty much gone. I don't think they've cast anything since the 1990s. I've read on this forum that someone communicated with them and they said they were still casting, but I am gonna have to see to believe.
See below.

I thought Offy was almost a "call us and well cast anything we still have in the catalog" type of company as their production was so low. Think about that, they got all the master cores and are just waiting for someone to place an order....."Uh yeah, can you guys still cast me a dual quad for a 65 273?"--" ...273? Sure!....you want the 5697 high rise or the low rise 5488?"

http://offenhauser.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Offenhauser-Catalog-1987.pdf

I followed them on Instagram for a while Offenhauser Sales Corp (@offenhauserco) • Instagram photos and videos and im pretty darn sure they are still making pretty much anything in there catalog,they actualy seem to be a quite cool manufacturing bussines that are not stupidly stuck on CNC this and that and need to make a batch of a 1000 to be profitable,and if you contact them regarding certain details you may even end up talking to a guy on the floor so to speak about if the part can be made into whatever you want to do with it.

Regarding the timeframe to order things from them,well im not working there but i have been working on the floor in manufacturing doing other things at other companys for over 15 years and there is always a leadtime to do things that are not in stock,and its impossible to keep all items in inventory and with some parts you try to wait alitle hoping you will get a few more of a certain part to do before you start doing them to keep the setuptime down,and its not just about being cheap its just so much more efficient to work that way and if you already have a list of things to get done sometimes you may have 8 parts on order of a certain type and you can do a couple more if the orders roll in for them but if the part needed is a single item well it will have to wait until it is its time so to speak.

So you're going off instagram. Ok. I hope you're right.

So you're going off instagram. Ok. I hope you're right.
Watch the stuff they put up there and its pretty obvious that they are manufacturing alot of things for a company some belive has not cast a thing since the 90´s ....
They are manufacturing things the way things where done in the past and not in huge quantitys,its a kind of bussines i like to support if they have something i need.

Watch the stuff they put up there and its pretty obvious that they are manufacturing alot of things for a company some belive has not cast a thing since the 90´s ....
They are manufacturing things the way things where done in the past and not in huge quantitys,its a kind of bussines i like to support if they have something i need.

I agree with your sentiment, but I don't do instagram. I wouldn't know how to find it if I found it. You got a link?

The TM-5 put my little 273 in the twelve-second bracket back in the '70s (12.72 @ 108 mph)

65 Valiant4.jpeg

-
Back