W2's

-
Some nice stuff right there!

C26FA996-DF00-4F97-BABD-9ACDF531724F.jpeg

Well that’s the cheap part. Now are you going to run 3/8 valves, order new pistons, do you have a 48 degree race block, price rockers yet, price a good intake, are you going to port them or send them out. The fun has just begun. Lol
Thanks....I know that is starting from scratch and $$$$. Just sharing for the masses. Not for me.

$450 is cheap. Even if you run the 3/8 valve and don’t port them, they still move a lot of air. Rockers are more expensive.

$450 is cheap. Even if you run the 3/8 valve and don’t port them, they still move a lot of air. Rockers are more expensive.

Nobody in their right mind is going to buy a 48 degree block, expensive rockers, pistons, and an intake to run a head that flows less than a ported Speedmaster head. They are pretty pathetic stock.

135032D7-6CD2-40CB-B775-5B5E2AB13185.jpeg

2364A637-01A8-44E2-937D-A1AE78665FDF.jpeg

Last edited:
So, I am new to the information on all the W heads. What are THE heads when talking cost of special parts vs flow? W2 or W5?

Nobody in their right mine is going to buy a 48 degree block, expensive rockers, pistons, and an intake to run a head that flows less than a ported Speedmaster head. They are pretty pathetic stock.
Agree, however…
There also available for a 59* block, so there’s that.
Price me an intake…
Rockers are the pricey deal.
On the SM head, what head exactly are you starting with and what are the before and after flow numbers?
Cost to have the SM heads ported.
NOT YOUR COST!
What is someone paying to have it done?
Below I see some good numbers in the as cast state.
When you ported the SM did the flow numbers exceed the W9?
Have you flowed a W9 on you bench?
I’m not on board with Stan’s list since some known head porters that are on there have been found to be less than honest.
So, I am new to the information on all the W heads. What are THE heads when talking cost of special parts vs flow? W2 or W5?
W9

better confirm that is $899 for a pair before jumping in. The ad says heads, plural, but there is only a single one in any of the pics which leads me to believe it's per each. Still not terrible considering the potential.

I ain’t jumpin on it!
I have 2 sets of standard port aluminum, W2 & W5 heads to mess with. I’m good.

better confirm that is $899 for a pair before jumping in. The ad says heads, plural, but there is only a single one in any of the pics which leads me to believe it's per each. Still not terrible considering the potential.

I may be mistaken but I think some of those heads came without seat’s because many guys run titanium valves and they require different seats. Valves are not included either which is why I would change out the guides and get better valves.

That as cast W9 will out horsepower a fully ported Speedmaster head and not break a sweat. It wouldn’t even be close.
For a “As Cast” head, IMO, it’s think it flows pretty darn good.
I’ve heard of some extreme numbers coming out of them.
But back to as cast…..

The flow numbers suggest 9’s n the right car.
Just hang that valve open for a while and let it breath in.

With the layman math, 300cfm X’s 2 = 600 hp and a good working mind can exceed that.

@pittsburghracer
Agree, however…
Price me an intake…
On the SM head, what head exactly are you starting with and what are the before and after flow numbers?
NOT YOUR COST!

I’m not on board with Stan’s list since some known head porters that are on there have been found to be less than honest.

W9

Your not side stepping the questions are you?

Well that’s the cheap part. Now are you going to run 3/8 valves, order new pistons, do you have a 48 degree race block, price rockers yet, price a good intake, are you going to port them or send them out. The fun has just begun. Lol

W9's are just one expensive headache. J.Rob

W9's are just one expensive headache. J.Rob

I think it just depends on where you want to go with the sport, how much you want to spend, and how fast do you want to go. I loved running 8.40’s@160mph but boy I sure was busier at the track than I am now. But I’m still in the same class running for the same money. My heart is so torn on my heads up car and what direction that I should go. I don’t have the resources to run with the big dogs and running that type of car by yourself and my age and in my condition is senseless. I spent 1000’s of dollars on a Sledgehammer nitrous kit, progressive, three bottle, scale, etc and that’s just the part of it. My engine build and converter is all built with nitrous in mind. All to go one second quicker in the 1/8th mile. Hmmm

I think it just depends on where you want to go with the sport, how much you want to spend, and how fast do you want to go. I loved running 8.40’s@160mph but boy I sure was busier at the track than I am now. But I’m still in the same class running for the same money. My heart is so torn on my heads up car and what direction that I should go. I don’t have the resources to run with the big dogs and running that type of car by yourself and my age and in my condition is senseless. I spent 1000’s of dollars on a Sledgehammer nitrous kit, progressive, three bottle, scale, etc and that’s just the part of it. My engine build and converter is all built with nitrous in mind. All to go one second quicker in the 1/8th mile. Hmmm

I hear ya there. At my age, and with emphysema, working on stuff has gotten “ challenging” for me. Get tired real quick.
current combo suits me fine, needs hardly anything except loaded, unloaded etc, etc. which is enough..lol

I hear ya there. At my age, and with emphysema, working on stuff has gotten “ challenging” for me. Get tired real quick.
current combo suits me fine, needs hardly anything except loaded, unloaded etc, etc. which is enough..lol
You run in the fun bracket.
Most guy's would love to be in the 10 sec club with a true street car. :thumbsup:

Agree, however…
Price me an intake…
NOT YOUR COST!

W9

@pittsburghracer

Waiting on ya….

Agree, however…
Price me an intake…
NOT YOUR COST!

I’m not on board with Stan’s list since some known head porters that are on there have been found to be less than honest

Ok not avoiding I just ask several days ago for you to organize your questions you wanted answered. Still waiting

-
Back