WAHOOOOO! a-body prices are on the rise

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
i have been watching the prices on our beloved a-bodies, and see that they are on a rise. the bids are going up much higher, more bidders.

looks like there is more light at the end of the tunnel for us!

Thats good news, but won't be happy until I can build a dupe of my own car and sell for about 60k...I love my Abody, but the problem still remains is that is cost almost the same to build as any other Mopar that is worth way more when finished.

Maybe for numbers matching stuff, I have been finding deals around here. Just picked up a 73 340 duster this fall for $5 grand , H code numbers match driver. Just like houses, buyers market, but I agree it won't last long. Better hoard them up now!

Was looking on craigslist here in the DFW area and the prices was way up, that dont mean anyone is paying it though.

i have been watching the prices on our beloved a-bodies, and see that they are on a rise. the bids are going up much higher, more bidders.

Are you drunk? Yes I can't wait until the light at the end of the tunnel when I can't afford my favorite hobby anymore :roll:

Don't agree. Where are you lookin'?

My car isn't an investment and I don't want it's value to go up just because of the market going up. I want it's value to go up because of the hard work that I've put into it.

ALOT of Dreamers .... PRICES UP > NO WAY!!!! NOT for a LONG TIME ....... and only if you have a number matching 340 , 440 car ,,, with documentation ... AND a 4 speed..... how many demons , darts , dusters do you want to buy now ... MANY out there to choose from....
I am afraid to buy another car .... i think that the NON matching cars are going to go lower ....

Asking prices might be going up..but that doesn't mean they're selling,people still want to pay next to nothing for everything..

They should be inexpensive to purchase. Now I'm not saying a car like, Abody Joe's or BrianT's should sell for a grand as it sits, but why should old iron go through the roof in price?

Reasonable price for a reasonable car. No 6K for rust buckets falling on themselfs.

They are worth what the sellers think they can get for them. But the rust buckets should not be going out of the stratosphere, I'll hold on to mine as I will never get what I have into it. However it is good to hear that our beloved A Bodies are finally getting some recognizance as to the values going up!!

It's not rocket science. It's supply and demand. When more people want them and theres not enough to go around. Bingo, prices will continue to rise until buyers and sellers are happy with what they paid and what they made. Simple as that. that is economics. It would be nice to have a Duster worth $40k and not sell it than have it worth $15k and not sell it. lol

A bodies will be like e bodies pretty soon.
Wont be able to afford one thanks to all the flipping .

Its all about making the oh mighty dollar to some.

I don't care if they go up in value of not, as I'm not in it for the cash, old Mopars is all I've ever had, and that's by choice, not because that's where the money is, to tell the truth, I liked it better when no one wanted Abodies or any Mopar, you know back when everyone was driving cameros and mustangs, then they found out how cool Mopars are, and everybody got in it for the cash.

don't agree, people are asking inflated prices but no one is buying. the big boom is over. and as the generation that really wants these cars ages, the demand and rediculas prices will continue to drop. im early 30's, and when i go to mopar events i don't see a whole lot of people younger than me that are into these cars. so who's gonna pay big money for this stuff in the future. don't think its gonna be my generation or anyone under it. if i'm gonna spend 60-70 grand on something its probably not gonna be an old mopar thats a trailer queen.

actually, i am not drunk, but put a broad statment up to see some honest replies

i don't care if they go up in value of not, as i'm not in it for the cash, old mopars is all i've ever had, and that's by choice, not because that's where the money is, to tell the truth, i liked it better when no one wanted abodies or any mopar, you know back when everyone was driving cameros and mustangs, then they found out how cool mopars are, and everybody got in it for the cash.

x2

If I can build an A-body for 10-15 grand,and sell it for 30 or more,souds like a good thing to me.

My problem is I get to attached to them to do anything like that.

I'don't know.
I've been trying to trade my 67 10 sec pump gas street car for a Hemi and no bites.
It's not a bad looking car.
marv

If it's good or bad whether prices are going up or down all depends on if you're planning on buying or selling in the future.If you're looking to buy then prices going down is good and if you're looking to sell then you want prices to go up.

My opinion,I still see some pretty good deals that are'nt selling so things have'nt turned around yet.

LOL, HEMI's aren't a dime a dozen, new or old one in a junkyard.

-
Back