We should build a Camaro for the car shows!

-

greymouser7

Vagrant Vagabond “Veni Vidi Vici”
Reaction score
Think how incensed you are at the audacity of this post title.

Why not take a 76/77 Monte Carlo and, with a little sheet metal work, shape it into the new camaro to show GM and the chevy masses how fugly their new camaro is. The basic shape is very close.

What would they do in response?

If said creation was at the car shows, it would motivate GM into getting their designs checked. This would make big waves in the news in the car world. Put a Challenger next to it with a poll that illustrates what the people would choose base on looks. Anybody like spinning :bootysha: up the competition?

I don't think the new Camaro looks anything like a 76/77 Monte Carlo.

Sounds like a bunch of work to prove some non existent point.

the problem with this is that there are tons of people who like the new camaro, especially GM people. so even though it might make the point to those who already do not like the car i dont think that it will sway anyone else, definantly not the GM execs and designers, sorry.

If it makes you feel any better, I think they're ugly too.
But that's why we paint cars different colors. Be a pretty dull world if we all liked the same thing.

Why are you so upset about the new GM designs? I couldn't care less about the new Camaro or the new Challenger. Nothing against the Challenger owners on this site, I just personally don't care for the new Challengers or the old E-bodies; too overpriced for me. I personally don't care for all the foreign cars on our roads either, but different people like different things. There are a lot more important things to get all worked up about.

76-77 Montes had looooooong front ends and look nothing like the new Camaro. Chevy waited long enough to see what the new Hemi could do and put a stronger motor in the Camaro. Smart on their part. My brother was on the highway in his Magnum RT 5.7 Hemi and came across a new Camaro and decided to teach him a lesson in muscle. Little brother got taken to school himself. The Camaro has 425 hp factory. Not a fan of the look, but it is a quick and powerful car.

Ok I guess this looks like a 2011 Camaro...LOL

Attachments

• montie.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 399
To each his own. There was a guy at last years Atlantic CIty car auction that grafted 69 front fenders and tail panel onto a new camaro to show how they should have done it. Sharp car. Way nicer then what G.M produces.

I've got an even better idea , and one which won't offend anyone other
than
smog nazis and environmental wackos :
Take the same proposed Monte Carlo ( or anything else from the "Automotive Dark Ages" of '75 - '80 ) and run two distinct tests :

- Baseline the car's performance with all of its smog junk hooked-up
( Catalytic Converter , A.I.R. Pump , EGR , etc. ) ; get its acceleration times and fuel mileage ;

- Then , remove all of that smog garbage and run its numbers again
( fuel mileage and acceleration ) ;

- Create a chart showing how much more efficient the car is without all of that power-and-fuel-mileage crap hooked-up .

That would have more of a positive impact than a design argument , imo .

I do think they're ugly, but "everybody" has made their share, and it depends on the eye of the beholder

Frankly, the first time I saw a Superbird, I was embarrassed to be a Mopar freak. I thing the "wing" cars are just about the ugliest things on the planet

Some of the "880" series are pretty unloved, too.

But I don't really GAS whut GM does. I'll never own another GM car. EVER

The mistake they made with the new Camaro is they tried to throw something in from each generation. Fail. It would be much more appealing with the center dip removed from the grill and with long slot tail lights, similar to the 69. Insofaras it lookin like a Monte......I ain't seein it.

and i thought he wanted to do something kewl like put a 440 or a hemi in it....8 3/4 rear keep it lookin like a camaro on the outside and go blow their doors off....but noooooooo.......:poke:

I am fond of many cars i think the challenger and the mustang were well thought out on the design table [the challenger is a little heavy] the camaro however is fugly i hate it altho it is powerful but they had to do that to intrest folks in a car that looks nothing like the old one [which was sucessfully done by both ford and dodge]. I personally don't like corvettes never have i like looking at them but would not own one other than to flip it to purchase something i liked. I think that the big three should dig out the tooling from the late 60s early 70s and put todays technology in them they would sell hand over fist.

It's G.M. Look what they did with the GTO when they brought that back.

In my opinion , what killed the new(er) GTO was that it looked all day long like a Grand Am .

The plain , stripped-down look worked back in the 50's , 60's and 70's , as there was still some chrome and other brightwork to balance the package out ( this is one reason why I think body-coloured bumpers look yucky on old cars , excepting the factory Elastomeric deal ) .

To me , the new Camaro doesn't look bad at all . I like that the Rally II wheels were reintroduced , and that the old model designations were revitilised ( SS and RS ) . Also , I believe that all of the models , including the V6 model , have dual-outlet exhaust !
Even if those outlets are dummies , it at least balances the back of the car out !
I think the single-outlet of the Charger and Challenger twins ruins the look of the car ...

Sorry guys but at least gm did not make the Camaro and Gto a 4 door like Dodge did the Charger!! Nothing really against the Charger,I like the but come on Charger a 4 door!!

Sorry guys but at least gm did not make the Camaro and Gto a 4 door like Dodge did the Charger!! Nothing really against the Charger,I like the but come on Charger a 4 door!!
I drive the original 4 door Charger ; it's called "Coronet" !

The "Charger" nomenclature should be dropped , and replaced with something like "St. Regis" ( :D ) , then apply "Charger" to the Challenger ( :D ) .

the v6 mustang has dual outlets on the back now too, pisses me off a bit because that was the only way to tell the difference before noe there is nothing unless they have the GT or 5.0 badging, but the dont all have that now either :' i like the car anyway

I agree wholeheartedly. Not only that, but the "Charger" as it is, is nothing more than a rebaged Magnum sedan. Pitiful. I cannot stand them.

-
Back