Well I did it!

-
Right on Scott.Good work!.Car sound's real strong and look's good to.Hoping to get my stroker Barracuda in the mid 11's this coming year.

Congrats dude!! nice job. Any idea what the car weighs.

The car ran strong 11.0,s all september,so I knew the cooler air would help.I was gonna bump the timing up some from 32 to 36 just to see what would happen.My starter took a fubarr on me,so that took the time away from adjusting anything(track was getting busy)Well in the garage for some new UCA(RMS)and hymed struts and LCA bushings.I,m anxiuos to start playing with the car again.Thanks to all that helped achieve my goals!:cheers::-D

Big congrats Scott!! I always knew you were a 10 LOL ;-)

Congrats Scott.I bet that must feel good. You deserve to be in the 10 sec club after all your hard work.Nice to be able to tell people you got a 10 second car.Now let's see some 10.5's 8)

Congratulations Scott! I know you've been chasing that number for awhile now ... happy for you that you met your goal in just one partial season. Way to gooooo!!!!!

Congrats!!! I hope to add myself to the 10sec zone real soon:D

Congratulations Scott! I know you've been chasing that number for awhile now ... happy for you that you met your goal in just one partial season. Way to gooooo!!!!!
Thanks Leanna,more work to be done before next season.I wish you were local to do some more of your great work for me,but shipping just cost too much which sucks.:snakeman:

Great work! Absolutely lov the car and 19dart66's car as well. I just hope to get mine into the 11's next season with a 408.

Great work! Absolutely lov the car and 19dart66's car as well. I just hope to get mine into the 11's next season with a 408.
11,s can be easily reached with a 408!!My very first pass after building the car,rolled of the trailer and ran a [email protected]ss to say I was shocked at the huge torque this little sb made.Good luck in your attempts for 11,s or 10,s for that matter LOL.

Congrats Scott!
How about a rundown on the combo you ended up with? I was gone for a bit and missed a lot.
You still using the spitfires?

I'll be happy with 11's at this altitude (5800') with a street car. 10's are faster than my wallet these days! Again, great work on that 66!

Congrats on breaking into the 10’s….barring any issues, I’ll be in the “official” 10’s by sundown at the test and tune (actually running ¼ mile for once) :-D.

Congrats Scott!
How about a rundown on the combo you ended up with? I was gone for a bit and missed a lot.
You still using the spitfires?
Hi John,long time no see.How have you been?The Spitfires are long gone...here,s a rundown on my combo.

77 360,stroked to 410 Eagle H-beam kit .040over pistons
Eddy heads,mild porting
M1 intake,AED850HO dp carb
Comp cam solid roller 252@258 .631 lift
Mildoon 8qrt pan
Heddman Husler fenderwell hedders
MSD dizzy and 8.5 wires

Tranny is 904,lower first gear,red racing belts,blue clutches,changed out drum
Coan 8 inch 4500 stall

Rear is 8 3/4 narrowed,Strange axels,4.30 spool
Hoosier 29-12-15 on Weld ProStar 15x12

Car is minitubbed,frame connectors,8 pt cage

All summer ran 11.20@120mph,then down to [email protected] alittle cooler out runs 10.97@121mph 60fts are 1.51 1/8 is 98.87mph.

I built the car from Nov/09 til May/10 first runs off the trailer were 11.30@120

Been having a blast!Lots of video in the video gallery.
View attachment ONDR Grand Bend July 10-12.jpg

View attachment car pics 66 Dart 207.jpg

View attachment Racing the 66 Dart 014.jpg

View attachment Racing the 66 Dart 071.jpg

View attachment Racing the 66 Dart 078.jpg

View attachment car pics 66 Dart 196.jpg
For more on my build,check in the Early-A disscusions forum

Yeah buddy------------ this looks much better with some meat back there...

attachment.php

Very nice build!! Congrats again!
Did you use the templates I sent to make your own subfame connectors?
I will be doing the cuda and the dart both this winter.

-
Back