well i just did a number on my 68

-
Sorry about your car, things happen so dont beat yourself up too much.
Personally i would not replace the quarter. A good body man will work that metal and skim coat it and along as the paint matches ( which is what would concern me more) you'll never be able to tell it was hit.
Best of luck

No way would I replace that panel. Looks way worse than it is. A good body man will hammer and dolly that back easily with minimal filler. Personally, I'd be more concerned about the wheel well moulding. Finding just one of those NOS or in excellent used condition might be a chore.

Beautiful car by the way!!

How about getting a stud welder for cheap at HF and watch a few you tube vids on how to use it? You just grind off paint, put a **** ton of studs on it and take your time with the slide hammer. Its really not as hard as you think. Once you get started and slowly start pulling that out you will be amazed at how close you can get the panel. Use a lot of studs. porcupine style. Nice gentle pulls, dont try too hard. get the car up to working height and get comfortable. Do 20 min at a time. If it is going to the body shop you might as well get some practice. $0.02

First off I’m sorry to see you damaged your beautiful car. Second I’m not a body man but I did take 36 weeks of classes at a local vo-tech school. One of the trickier parts of doing hits like that was dealing with stretched metal. It’s easy to look at it and say hey that’s fixable but that lower gouge is going to be a tough fix, real touch. You can shrink some damage but man our teacher didn’t even touch talking about damage like that. I’m sure glad you have insurance coverage.

STAY AWAY FROM TLC. HE IS A LIAR AND SCUM BAG. SMOKE AND MIRRORS. I am local and used to work at tlc. Rip is a clown and will hack your car and charge you out your back side to do it.

I do body and paint for a living in Janesville.
Hi, where is your shop located? name? i took it to TLC but have'nt decided on any thing yet, i just want it fixed and fixed right i really dont think it can be fixed without a 1/4 replacement, the damage is right on the body lines. give me your shop info and we can go from there, thanks

First off I’m sorry to see you damaged your beautiful car. Second I’m not a body man but I did take 36 weeks of classes at a local vo-tech school. One of the trickier parts of doing hits like that was dealing with stretched metal. It’s easy to look at it and say hey that’s fixable but that lower gouge is going to be a tough fix, real touch. You can shrink some damage but man our teacher didn’t even touch talking about damage like that. I’m sure glad you have insurance coverage.
From what I can tell, the trick with the lower damage would be recreating the body lines through there...alot of time,tape and filler...

so i ordered a 1/4 am received it yesterday
i had to return it.
Resized_20211020_140709.jpg
Resized_20211020_140416.jpg
Resized_20211020_140345.jpg
lol what the heck do shipping companies do to these looks like they didnt have room in the truck and folded it in half to make it fit...

DUDE! Crazy! Looks like you have some free patch panels. Hope they get on sending another quick! Keep us updated with pics on the replacement if you can.
no free patch panels,, had to send it back.

Too bad they can't charge the *** clown that did the damage. Payroll deduct for that dude!

no free patch panels,, had to send it back.

ordered a couple doors for a 69 mustang fastback im workin on and one wasnt super. a couple pics and a couple days...I have an extra door if anyone is lookin. Cant believe they want to pay for shipping back for a potato chip.

Edit: I mean I believe you that it had to go back.....you know what i mean.

Too bad they can't charge the *** clown that did the damage. Payroll deduct for that dude!
I swear there is an underground cult working in shipping competing for most packages damaged w/o consequence.........prolly a Chebby Dude....

Lol, surprisingly just the gasket set was destroyed (which they replaced in a week) for the FWs I bought recently. Looks like someone used a whole roll of tape to fix the box.............

upload_2021-10-21_13-41-41.png

upload_2021-10-21_13-43-16.png

-
Back