well my car got f'ed up. t boned!

-
Over the winter had a windstorm take out a tree which partially fell on our 07 Liberty - numerous dents on the roof and passenger side upper door frames. When all said and done, the body shop replaced the roof and both doors with used parts, painted everything, buffed other scratches out, etc. and bill came to just about $4000. Not a whimper out of our insurance company (USAA).

That's because USAA is a stand up insurer that takes care of it's own. Also, the vehicle was newer.

Insurance companies prefer newer cars as the premiums cost you more and they make more of a profit. I cringe when I see people give up a old car because the insurance totals out a car with a keyed fender. Used to see it all the time driving for AAA.

I say if I took my 98 Neon w/o anti-lock brakes up to 35 mph and slammed on the brakes it would only skid 25 feet or so. A resonable speed there would be 25 mph or less and the skid marks would have been 10-15 feet. His skid marks go 35 feet or more and then still impact at a good rate of speed, probably 10-15 mph. He was either going a good 45-50 or his braking system was not functioning properly. That gate would be treated like a one lane bridge, first come first across and you should actually stop before crossing. He had no intention of stopping. I'd say you were right and he was going to drift that turn.

I agree with you Hersbird, I´ve been looking at the pics several times and can´t in any way I look at it, come to another conclusion then he was going way to fast into that curve.
And then when looking at the damage he made to your car I would say that it would take quite a high speed or no braking at all. The space to the right of the skidmarks got to be at least 2 yards,or? so I would say he had plenty of room to avoid a crash in to your car, at least if he held a speed of the car so that he could´ve kept it in control.
Just my 2C
Lets hope for the best, so that you´ll be able to send your wagon for the repairs.

AJ....I just bought a new sawzall...so we can get the parts ready for the wagon.The 4 door needs to get taken apart anyhow.
Will call you in the am.

all the other driverr's insurance company is required to do is pay the fair value of your car.

so turns out after all of this that the guy has no policy with that insurance . so i went and told the highway patrol so now its up to my insurance good thing i have uninsured driver insurance and i beleive i will get 3500 but its says umpd no idea what that means.

Your uninsured coverage is probably only for personal injury not physical damage. You probably would have to take him to court and get him to pay out of his own pocket. Another lack of professionalism on that first officer's part IMO. Unless he had some proff of insurance that had been cancelled or dropped.

so turns out after all of this that the guy has no policy with that insurance . so i went and told the highway patrol so now its up to my insurance good thing i have uninsured driver insurance and i beleive i will get 3500 but its says umpd no idea what that means.

HIRE A LAWYER!!!
It's totally worth it!!!8)

well from what i read on umpd it is uninsured mortorist property dmg i have bodly harm and home property dmg and i get up to 3500 for the uninsured driver .

U have to ask for it.it even said that insurance companys have to have uninsured driver insurance but they dont have to remind u about it.

Wow,Happy to hear you didnt have american family.What a loser company that is.

Stand tall and hold your ground KISS, These adjusters are slick, and want your signature and flash a check in your face. I hope all goes well bud

That was cool the guy was a pretty cool guy he didnt look at much just looked at the car and said wow this thing is pretty cherry.told him the engine has 69kmiles body has 91k and he asked me what do u want me to do. I told him i had a estamate for 6500 he said u want me to tell the insurance company this is gonna take 6500 and i said not rly cuse they'll total it he said yea so if i write in how much u can get it worked on for then u might have a shot of getting it fixed so he said he'll write down 3-4k my uninsured driver is for 3500. He liked my car said its a pretty easy fix.

I told the guy even if they total it and i dont fix it just drive it till it dont drive either wqay nim keeping the car he said noway this car is badass i wouldnt get rid of it if i was u.

Hope your alright. I bet that cop was a ford or chevy man...or honda...or related to the guy that hit you... Hope all is well and all the best. I hope you get her back into shape...

yea a little im having some whiskey for a little relief. i told the guy i could get the parts way cheaper then they could. i told him straight up 2500 its fixed he said alright we'll try to get u a lil more 3k or 3500

Good deal. Sounds like you are being fair with them hopefully they will be fair back.

so i was aaking more questions at the highway patrol and they still dont have the accident report done the full in detailed report so today i talked to a sherriff and he said if it needs to be corrected ill correct it if it gets it out. i also asked about pressing charges i cant do that cause the officer may have given him the ticket alrdy andf it would constitute as dub jepardy. so lame nvm i just in the mid of typong this im getting it today free of charge. yay

-
Back