well my car got f'ed up. t boned!

-
:angry7:

believe me,if i had the parts to repair that wagon i would just give them to you.
I remember some stupid kid in a Civic about rammed into me thinking he was Dominic Torreto or something.Didnt take much for my GLH to catch up to him and give him the bird.Morons need to learn how to drive.:angry7:

yea i just got back from my dads freinds that does body work idk what im going to do im thinking of selling it as a parts car that runs i was driving it all today no frame dmg just outside dmg its gonna cost 700-1000 to fix it and thats the cheaper side since im my dads kid idk what im gonna do. start selling parts to work up to my goal.

please evreyone look in the interior section and the mechanical got some stuff i need to sell i need to make money quick please and thanks god bless.

50/50? No way! He T-boned you and by the looks of the pics, you probably were stopped when he hit. 30' of skid marks proves he was driving too fast for conditions and was unable to stop. What if it would of been somebody's kid instead of your car that somehow got in his way? He's got no excuse, 100% his fault and pay up.

50/50? No way! He T-boned you and by the looks of the pics, you probably were stopped when he hit. 30' of skid marks proves he was driving too fast for conditions and was unable to stop. What if it would of been somebody's kid instead of your car that somehow got in his way? He's got no excuse, 100% his fault and pay up.

What pic's did I miss something? If this assement is correct go back to the Police and get a report done. That and get a small claim case going to recoup some money!

It's not near as bad as it look's installing the b pillar is easy and bolting on new doors will be a snap from there the rest is minimal damage...don't let estimates get you to thinkin it's hard work....it's not so don't give up so easy :angry7:
yea i just got back from my dads freinds that does body work idk what im going to do im thinking of selling it as a parts car that runs i was driving it all today no frame dmg just outside dmg its gonna cost 700-1000 to fix it and thats the cheaper side since im my dads kid idk what im gonna do. start selling parts to work up to my goal.

please evreyone look in the interior section and the mechanical got some stuff i need to sell i need to make money quick please and thanks god bless.

here are shots of the accident right after it happend he moved his car.

R1-17A.jpg

R1-20A.jpg

R1-22A.jpg

R1-23A.jpg

R1-16A.jpg

If thats where you were at on the road the cop hosed you and I'm a cop! Take the pic's in to the station and get a report....do you have the other guys info? Thats a baloney call I can see the turn you are talking about and you were as far over as you needed to be. That jackazz was road coursing it when he shouldnt have been. If I was the cop writing that accident he would be paying up! I mean the more you look at it it was close but if speeds were correct he shouldnt have hit you

His skid marks start way before impact. So he was definitely not going an appropriate speed. If your car had not been there he would be in that ditch.

First, I'm sorry to hear about this. Second, you can fix that, it's not to bad. 3RD, that guy was way over on your side and going way to fast. You can see in the picture he could have gotten over another 10 feet or more and he was not in control of his car anymore skidding in a straight line w/o anti lock brakes. I'd take those pictures to the police and if not them, file a claim in small claims court. An honest judge can look at that and see pretty obvious fault, regardless of the police report. Our traffic guys around here definitely assign fault.

My first car died a similar death by Honda. It was a 68 Satellite convertible I had worked a year on before I even had my license. I had only driven it about 5 times and it was parked in front of my house when a girl in a Honda supposedly swerved to miss a cat and rear ended it going at least 30mph. She cut her chin on the console somehow so me thinks she was reaching down to get something. At least the insurance company paid me but I still think they screwed me with a $2500 check. Granted that was 1984 but still it was a pretty decent car before it got hit. Funny thing was a few years back I was cruising a big Mopar junk yard 60 miles from here for Barracuda parts and found the old Satellite. Sort of made me want to make an offer but it was bad.

Similar story with my dad back in 1983 we were looking for parts for my Satellite and were in a junkyard 250 miles away when we came across one of his first cars. He recognized a zebra tuck and roll job he had done in Tijuana. That car wasn't his first or his favorite so it inspired us to track down his first car a 1954 Chevy convertable with a motor out of a new 1963 Chevy Corvette. He sold that car in 1965 to buy the car we found in the yard. We did end up finding where his convertable was but it was wrecked and then used as fill dirt to fill a ditch on the dad's farm fo the kid he sold it to! My dad was ready to start diggin when I dragged him out of there!

Long story short, if you like your waggon then don't let it get away to easilly.

yea but 2wks is a tad unconventional expecialy at this moment in life laid off unemployment ran out grandmas gonna help but i cant expect her to pay 1g for my car .idk i gotta think for awhile either i keep it and run it to the ground or i keep it and fix it or i sell it idk. my heads kinda swirling with the whole situation idk what ima do....

what is the speed limit for the road and what road signs are present from the direction of travel leading to the scene, pretty obvious he was going to fast for conditions,but you need to present your case well. so git pics of everything to show a judge and go after insurance co. with proper documentation the police should handle it but do not wait to long.Get 3 estimates for repiar from expensive body shops and fight to the death about your partially restored classic, a rendering of how the car will look finished willl be helpful (try to git foose to do that for ya)

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=98134

This shows exactly what that guy was/is. Is your insurance company going to do anything about it? I could see that the cop probably wouldn't do anything because it's considered "private property", but that doesn't mean this guy is exempt from paying. It's clearly his fault and a court of law should be able to determine that pretty easily. In Michigan, the most you could get from him is $500 though because of our "no fault" laws.

Man git on it now!! Dont waste a second because if you delay it will be seen as a sign of guilt.

Go get this guy and hang him out to dry!!:snakeman:

I'm going to be in agreement with going after the kid to get the money. Most of the time these idiots don't care about a ticket, etc. What they do care about is if you take away his lunch money.

Case in point: ages ago I was sideswiped by a wise *** kid in a Firebird. He cut me off at a redlight when he suddenly came into my lane. I had to stop short to keep from ***-ending him. Light changed green he flew to the shoulder of the road and I went by him. Just as soon as I cleared him he came back out on me, crossed the double yellow into on coming traffic, and had to swerve back in to keep from getting hit head on. He hit me as he came back in to my lane. He took off, blowing another redlight, making a left hand turn and forcing a bunch of cars smoke some brakes as he did so. I had his license number and headed to the local cop shop.

Half an hour later they came hauling his *** in. The cop inspected the damaged to both vehicles and you could see the paint from his car on mine and vice versa.

After talking with the cop and writing a brief estimate (I'm a licensed body estimator in NYS) I asked the kid if he had the money for the damages to my car. We settled for $500 right there with the cop as witness, with the kid muttering that he had saved that up for the prom. Was going to give his girl a special night, with the limo, blah blah blah. Guess he wasn't going to take her out to anywhere but McDonalds and in his rusty Firechicken afterall. He didn't get charged with hit and run, but did get a couple of tickets for reckless driving. Seems one of the cars he cut off in his getaway had gotten a license plate and called it in, too. He wound up getting hit in pocketbook a couple of times. My settlement right then and there, the tickets, and the increased insurance.

yea im going today to the police station my insurance and give them the slip and idk what else.it hurt me so bad yesterday when the car got hit it bowed my door up i went out there with a hammer and started pounding the crap outta my door so i could have my wing window open cant stand driving a hot car.

Again, this really sux but time to move forward. Muster up your courage and get your thoughts together and figure out what moves to make....lots of good advice on here....just keep a clear head and you can come out of this just fine.

Sorry to hear what happened to your first day at the track, I would be upset as He double hockey sticks :angry7:
There is some good advice here KISS, and do it ASAP.. So sorry to see this thread KISS. I hope you can get this resolved and SOON..

just got off the phone with my insurance company,his insurance company and the highway patrol. my company said our adjuster will be getting in contact with u in 2-5 days . his said our adjuster will be getting with u later today. and the highway patrol i was talking to said roughly 22 ft and over of skid marks = nt that high of speed he said that the road we were on also has no speed limit i said so i can go as fast as i want on that road he said no a safe speed but he said the skids prolly only equal 20mph's im no math wis but 20mph's does alot of freaking dmg.

-
Back