What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Got these basterds out. Was too lazy to bust out the welder for the washer trick. Sawzall and a little persuasion from my little friend. BFH.

My boys softened everything up for me :)
28DA4CE8-5DA6-472A-95E2-A0A995928590.jpeg
DD6A6F12-6AE5-42CC-9831-4D4AA4C2E5D4.jpeg

Finished fixing all the electrical bugs yesterday and took a 60 mile cruise.
Today will be another 60 mile cruise and tomorrow the same. Vetting the car for
a 700 mile round trip in September, indicators are good:)

It has been a few pages since I posted last, wet sanding and buffing. I was hoping to have the car done before the last home town car show, not going to make it. Did I ever tell you how much I enjoyed sanding.........

DSCN1590.JPG

Got these basterds out. Was too lazy to bust out the welder for the washer trick. Sawzall and a little persuasion from my little friend. BFH.

My boys softened everything up for me :)View attachment 1715217886View attachment 1715217887

That kind of pic is one of the few things that makes me want to think that i would like to have kids,Great to see!

It has been a few pages since I posted last, wet sanding and buffing. I was hoping to have the car done before the last home town car show, not going to make it. Did I ever tell you how much I enjoyed sanding.........

View attachment 1715217899

That looks Sweet,what blue is that?

Windshield & backglass in , Topshspe !
But having a little trouble with locking strip on windshield. .Anybody got a OEM set up. I got the 4 corners. But think got wrong strip. It don't work.

20180831_154507.jpg

20180831_154500.jpg

20180831_154512.jpg

20180831_154527.jpg

Last edited:
Just seeing that made me feel real good,nice to see you doing some good progress!

Going to wait after the O/U game and drive it when its hot, to verify my cooling problem is solved.

-----------------Thanks yellow rose for the suggestions , so far so good !

Going to wait after the O/U game and drive it when its hot, to verify my cooling problem is solved.

Boomer from the west coast!!!!
-----------------Thanks yellow rose for the suggestions , so far so good !

Next installment !
So damn hard by myself, but that's just how it is !

Resized_20170506_135419001_6514.jpeg

Finally found a place to replace the windshield. I also had the rear glass removed and replaced with a new gasket. I was told it took the technician 7 hours to complete the job. Now that I can see clearly, I celebrated and went to the "Rumble on the River" car show in Algonac, MI with my wife and daughter (visiting us from Chicago). Great day!

DSCN9515-cropped.JPG

Replaced axles in the 8 3/4 with howling green bearings with a set with tapered bearings. Much, much quieter now.

Fixed an oil leak I got recently. I thought it was the oil pressure sending unit and replaced it but still a leak at the back of the engine. I tightened the oil filter and the leak got worse. I ended up putting on a new oil filter and all fixed! I think the seal had a problem as I couldn't find a hole in it anywhere.

Went to a local cruise tonight and for the first time ever parked it at the cruise for all to see. Small cruise with maybe 30-35 cars. Even though my car is far from show worthy it still got some attention. Best part was she fired right up when I went to leave....hahaha, Great Mopar contingent there too, a 71 Butterscotch 340 Demon and a 71 Duster made into a 340 clone minus the Rally Dash. There was an M code Dart and a Hemi Superbird there too....Great night.

-
Back