What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Got the body kit mocked up on Jake's srt neon today. He's building it for his wife. Not my cup of tea, but that's what she wants so that's what he's building for her. At least I got a daughter-in-law who's into the car thing. She had to work today, so they're both coming back down tomorrow to start some body work on it. That's his little sister, my youngest, sitting in the driver's seat.
20180901_182103.jpg
20180901_182051.jpg

That is one ugly body kit
But who knows...a little paint goes a long way

charging my Grand Caravans F'n battery after I learned the #1 cell was empty. WTH?

if my car was currently in my possession id have burnt that sob to the ground. so gladly ive done nothing with it curently...but sont mean i wont burn it down later.

if my car was currently in my possession id have burnt that sob to the ground. so gladly ive done nothing with it curently...but sont mean i wont burn it down later.
Whats going on with it? Come on you have been working on that thing forever and at some point you will drive it aswell:D

I may get more wiring done today after work...idk
But I'm on vacation for 5 days starting tomorrow so I'll definitely get the fans all wired and done by Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

image000001(5).jpg

image000001.jpg

Jeff

Fixed an oil leak I got recently. I thought it was the oil pressure sending unit and replaced it but still a leak at the back of the engine. I tightened the oil filter and the leak got worse. I ended up putting on a new oil filter and all fixed! I think the seal had a problem as I couldn't find a hole in it anywhere.

I went out to take the drive I posted earlier to check to see if my cooling problem was fixed, looked under the car and found oil on the floor . Hoping it just valve cover gaskets "again" , have had a lot of problems due to the # 1 and 2 tubes being so close due to the raised port heads. I`ve tried ever kind of v.c. gasket I think, but no success yet !

Changing oil and filters, 5-30 full synthetic with additive. Decided to show it next weekend so I will be detailing it as well. I'm not a show guy so this could be it's last show.

Changing oil and filters, 5-30 full synthetic with additive. Decided to show it next weekend so I will be detailing it as well. I'm not a show guy so this could be it's last show.
I find parking to much easier if I am in the show, costs a little more, but hauling parts back from the swap is worth it!

Fri was trip to boneyard 5 hours away, the to Garland Tx mopar show, Today pull the u bolts from Toad rear axle ( I nut left) by hand. Unload the 8 3/4. Heavy for an 70 year old fart and his 100 # wife! Tomorrow is another day Lord willing and if the creek doesn't rise ( or we get 25 inches rain like this time last year!) How do you spell hurricane???/ ha

Fri was trip to boneyard 5 hours away, the to Garland Tx mopar show, Today pull the u bolts from Toad rear axle ( I nut left) by hand. Unload the 8 3/4. Heavy for an 70 year old fart and his 100 # wife! Tomorrow is another day Lord willing and if the creek doesn't rise ( or we get 25 inches rain like this time last year!) How do you spell hurricane???/ ha
It's spelled LANE , Been there , done that ! Don't ask for it my friend. Not fun, Aloha from Kona in Hawaii, C

It's spelled LANE , Been there , done that ! Don't ask for it my friend. Not fun, Aloha from Kona in Hawaii, C
Yes I feel for you guys I watched on the news last week!!!! BUT you guys have hills, it runs off and goes somewhere.. poor Houston is in a HOLE< no where for it to run to!!! Fortunately I live 1 hr N of Hoston, but we still got 25 inches during cane Harvey this time last year. BUT.. I was stuck in a N Houston hospital watching for the flood to go down, the generators to go off, choppers to stop running day and nite bring patients from flooded downtown hospitals, to have triple by pass!!!!! ha etc etc
It was a RIDE!!!!!! 18 days worth. Nurses were stuck there 7 days straight, they old NOT get home. We got to be pretty good friends. They felt sorry for me, and me for them!!

Yes I feel for you guys I watched on the news last week!!!! BUT you guys have hills, it runs off and goes somewhere.. poor Houston is in a HOLE< no where for it to run to!!! Fortunately I live 1 hr N of Hoston, but we still got 25 inches during cane Harvey this time last year. BUT.. I was stuck in a N Houston hospital watching for the flood to go down, the generators to go off, choppers to stop running day and nite bring patients from flooded downtown hospitals, to have triple by pass!!!!! ha etc etc
It was a RIDE!!!!!! 18 days worth. Nurses were stuck there 7 days straight, they old NOT get home. We got to be pretty good friends. They felt sorry for me, and me for them!!
Ya brah, so I heard . We got over 60 inches . and u guys got close to 80 or more. CRAZY. I feel for u . and for us the Season is not yet over. Good luck to u my friend. I don't wish it on anybody. Stay safe and keep dry. C

Picked up a manual steering column for the Dart. He's a member here, but I don't even know his handle!

I pulled an 8 3/4 out and installed a dana 60 by my lonesome / if I can u can ! 72 in Oct.

Nice out today, decided to pull her out and give her a nicely deserved detail, got the outside done, now to go over the inside

9ACA29CF-E108-4C6A-AE38-F0244AB2B2DA.jpeg

Finally getting around to figuring out how to mount this Precision Performance Products shifter in my A100 van, took forever to get it (9 weeks) but worth the wait. Finished up drilling front spring eye holes in the front mounts for the rear springs. Holes yielded a 1" drop, (theory is the rear should rise even more while planting the tires even harder) and put my rear ride height back to where it was prior to my adding spring perch shims to get my pinion angle set. All dialed in and ready for more track time after this shifter install....

IMG_20180903_160145.jpg

IMG_20180903_155509.jpg

IMG_20180903_160854.jpg

Just finished up my at home front end alignment. Spent way too much time on it, but got it right where I want, and exactly the same on both sides.
Set it up at: 4 degrees caster, 1/2 degree neg camber, and 1/8" toe in.

This was the last step of finishing up my front end work. Added boxed lower control arms, adjustable strut rods, and a Huge Hotchkis sway bar. 1-1/2" tubular bar.

Now after lunch, its time to take it for a spin and see if it all was worth the work and money.

I think I've see your Demon at the Cleveland cruise in. Very nice!

Thank you!!! It took about 2-3 years of me and my dad working on it. I deff dont make it downtown as often as id like too, we were there at the end of august, did you have a car there?

Just finished up my at home front end alignment. Spent way too much time on it, but got it right where I want, and exactly the same on both sides.
Set it up at: 4 degrees caster, 1/2 degree neg camber, and 1/8" toe in.

This was the last step of finishing up my front end work. Added boxed lower control arms, adjustable strut rods, and a Huge Hotchkis sway bar. 1-1/2" tubular bar.

Now after lunch, its time to take it for a spin and see if it all was worth the work and money.

UPDATE: WOW, Finally after years of working on this car it drives fantastic! Feels firm, and planted on the road, virtually NO body roll in the curves, (need to find a road with some tighter curves). Drove it up the canyon (hwy 7) from Lyons almost to Allenspark, just didn't want to stop driving. I would almost say it has a modern car feel, it does still have that little dead spot in the center that will probably never go away unless I install a borgeson box. But after 13 or 14 years of driving where it just felt loose and sloppy and not quite in control at all times, I now feel very confident driving it. I can see myself putting lots more miles on it now. And the new 5.9 is running so nice, I'm happy as a clam right now.

-
Back