What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Before & After. :)

IMG_0035.jpg

20190906_191243.jpg

Finished up my Transgo shift kit, and this morning I got the valve body back in the transmission and got the filter and pan on.
Didn't torque the pan down yet, might want to pull it off and add a drain plug to it.

Now it's time to start the actual tranny swap from 904 to A500

Spent the day, with our car club, at a local park enjoying our 1st annual Car-B-Q. We had, I believe, 21 cars throughout the day. Lots of hamburgers, hot dogs, ribs & wings. We had a playground for the kids, corn hole & ladder ball games.

Here's a group photo of the gang.

DSCN2786-cropped.jpg

I was presented the "Heart & Soul" trophy for my work for & dedication to the club.

DSCN2790-trophy.JPG

Yesterday was my 'Cuda's 52nd birthday.....I had to work all day but this morning I took her out on a play date!!!!

Instead of another same old pic, here's different kind of view only lovers of old Mopars will enjoy!

2019-09-08 07.12.45.png

Jeff

Put on the plate I had made to match the wall shelf, scoops stripes and hood pins next in line.

20190906_233502.jpg

20190909_175608.jpg

Getting ready to swap in another complete engine with the more desireable 340 camshaft.

Swapping on all the hardware parts to the next engine today.

20190908_155158.jpg

20190909_180409.jpg

Gave her a quick bath and drove it to work today. Then at work I took a few minutes to adjust my headlights down a little. We'll see how the road looks on the way home.

People been flashing me even when I've got the low beams on, so think they were a bit high.

IMG_20190909_211355395.jpg

Finished up my Transgo shift kit, and this morning I got the valve body back in the transmission and got the filter and pan on.
Didn't torque the pan down yet, might want to pull it off and add a drain plug to it.

Now it's time to start the actual tranny swap from 904 to A500

Like those transgo kits. Just put one in the valve body on the 69 Satellite 727. Went conservative on drilling the separator plate and the spring settings. Cured a few things and shifts real nice. Pumps fluid in Park now besides Neural to fill the torque converter on start ups and restarts. She's ready to go when you are.

Just Great !

Had to send in my Carb to have it rebuilt,So I removed the A/C compressor to install the tensioner bracket ,wouldn't you know it wrong tensioner bracket .

Had to send in my Carb to have it rebuilt,So I removed the A/C compressor to install the tensioner bracket ,wouldn't you know it wrong tensioner bracket .

Yep, Ma Mopar makes you work for it.
Stick too it and you will get the right one, and you'll be happy with the outcome.

On Wednesday I put new tie rod ends, and an idler arm in the '68 Monaco 500, I've named the Cicada. It's green, squeaks like one and is shedding it's skin! Friday I had it aligned.

IMG_20190906_084439.jpg

I then headed out to Rockford Illinois to meet up with a friend and fellow FCBO member (aren't F_BO members awesome?) I got to meet another member I missed in June, so we had three of us,all in Monacos, heading out to get some grub. We had a fun photoshoot afterwards.

IMG_20190906_222821.jpg

Then it was back to the shop to get the cars ready for Saturday.

IMG_20190907_020208.jpg

We met up back in Rockford in the morning, and headed out to Milwaukee, WI. We cruised through he countryside, and met another FCBO member.

IMG_20190907_124818.jpg

We made it into Milwaukee, and on to the Pabst brewery.

IMG_20190907_142622.jpg

IMG_20190907_144518.jpg

Nothing wrong with being a tourist!

IMG_20190907_151050.jpg

Some pictures by the lake.

IMG_20190907_164106.jpg

We then headed to Georgie Porgie's last cruise in of the year. Over 200 cars were there.

IMG_20190907_183115.jpg

We met even more FCBO members at the show, and headed to their house afterwards. Plenty of bench racing went on, a brake light switch was replaced, and two of us bought parts off the member that lived there.

Time for another quick photoshoot before we split in pairs, and headed for our homes and hotels.

IMG_20190907_232126.jpg

Sunday had a Car-B-Que but weather hampered the car numbers, as we only had 5 show up. It was still fun and I had a blast. All said, I put on 1247.5 miles, and averaged 11.52 mpg, not bad for a car that got minimal work done before setting out on its first adventure in over 22 years. This car sat, and then got one hell of a wake up call! It did develope an exhaust leak late Sunday night, but made it home fine. Our fix wasn't the issue.

I needed this so bad, as my year has been one car failure after another. I finally got to make it to a show, with a car, and I put the car through its paces, and it performed wonderfully in very type of driving environment. Rain-X helped me when the sky opened up, and I didn't need to repair anything more than a bulb. Still have at least one more car show to make this Sunday, and the Cicada will be there.

I hope to do this with the Dart soon, the good news is I don't have anymore C bodies that are almost road ready to get in the way! But I have a truck...

Took a break from the a body thing and worked on the E body I've been restoring with my buddy for a while now.

20190916_172944.jpg

-
Back