What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Your suppose to be on Vacation!
Yep.

Resized_20190826_161633(1).jpeg

Just finished rebuilding the front suspension and steering, manual gearbox still works fine.. Reused upper and lower control arms, and forgot how fun the lower Control arm bushings are to change... Just finish aligning and set the caster ar 3 deg pos... Anyone think that is too much?? Running radial ta's..

New plates for the Charger arrived today.

First thing I thought of when I saw this...

IMG_20190831_1903572.jpg

Code_187_MDK.jpg

was THIS...

seashells.jpg

For the whole picture,
IMG_20190831_1904048.jpg

Then I thought, I can hang with 002 who apparently gets Murder Death Killed eight times by Saruman in The Man with the Golden Gun, because I certainly will NEVER hang with the new 007, (Hanoi) Jane Bond.

Putting the plates on the car now...

Gave my 'Cuda a "water bath".... hasn't been washed with a hose and bucket in about 4 years!
Then drove it all over town letting everyone see how purtty she is!

20170903_080934-jpg.jpg

Jeff

I fixed my Roadrunner where some guy previously threw in wrong bolts in the trans cross member... Now the bottom end is correct again...

Then taught my oldest son how to adjust the kick down linkage and we pulled it out of the garage... It's only been out of the garage about 4 times in the last 11 years after being in storage since it's last trip in 1988...

Last edited:
I fixed my Roadrunner where some guy previously threw in wrong bolts in the trans cross member... Now the bottom end is correct again...

Then taught my oldest son how to adjust the kick down linkage and we pulled it out of the garage... It's only been out of the garage about 4 times in the last 11 years after being in storage since it's last trip in 1988...
Let's see a picture of her!

Jeff

Uh, was gonna push back the Dart so I had more room to get the seats out, no go, thought it was in gear, nope, wheel locked up, jack 3, nope, of course it's the 4th one, open the bleed screw, nothing, wheel's locked up tighter than dick's hatband, well ain't the MC, pound the brake drum off and "I spy something beginning with the letter B (BROKE)
upload_2019-9-2_15-49-50.png

So no brake kit in this podunk town, order one, got back to the house and started back filling cracks and sanding.
upload_2019-9-2_15-52-2.png

Uh, was gonna push back the Dart so I had more room to get the seats out, no go, thought it was in gear, nope, wheel locked up, jack 3, nope, of course it's the 4th one, open the bleed screw, nothing, wheel's locked up tighter than dick's hatband, well ain't the MC, pound the brake drum off and "I spy something beginning with the letter B (BROKE)
View attachment 1715388435
So no brake kit in this podunk town, order one, got back to the house and started back filling cracks and sanding.
View attachment 1715388436
I ordered all new hardware for all 4 corners. Saved a lot of future grief and it wasn't very expensive, relatively speaking.

Today I had a beer and looked at my Dart and wondered really how long it's gonna take to get on the road. Made a lot of headway in the 3 months I've had her though.

Let's see a picture of her!

Jeff

Last edited:
Got the 727 back in the 64 D100-440 project. Going to finish hooking up it tomorrow. Crossing my fingers that I didn’t forget anything but, I didn’t like the look of the pan fitment.

Hope someone has not jacked up on that pan, pushed it up out of shape a bit so it touches the filter ???

I was going to take the A/C compressor out of my 273 but looks like a bigger job then I planed on so will wait until winter .I need to install the tensioner bracket back on to the compressor

Thanks. Just something I did in my spare time. :)

View attachment 1715390369

Was going to wash and wax the fish, but ended up going to have a living trust/will drawn up , then out to lunch , then to visit a brother in law in the hosp. , now too dam hot to do anything , summer has returned to Oklahoma . The wife has been off all week ,be glad when she goes back to work ! She is a peach , just an irritating peach !
Dang fish hasn`t been started in over a month !

-
Back