What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
20190813_163515.jpg
20190813_163523.jpg
Well it's like Christmas in August. Just put new flywheel on. Got my new clutch assy, and my front wheels and tires showed up. Shot some color in the engine bay the other day. Should keep me busy for a couple hours.

Well as long as it doesn't spring any new leaks, I'm ready for street legal/test and tune tomorrow night! It has a 2500 stall converter replacing a super tight truck converter. A 4.10 gear replacing a 3.23 gear along with 275/60-15 MT drag radials replacing 245/60-15 Cooper Cobras. I'm going to spend some more time tuning it in hopes to get my et closer to where I think it should be. I think I got a good baseline. Wish me luck!

Cley
20190813_155536.jpg
20190813_160716.jpg

Found original badges and made key for lock.
Better & Better !

20190813_153004.jpg

20190813_153020.jpg

20190813_153026.jpg

Put new shocks all around, glued my console carpet to the console with contact cement while the front seats are at the upholstery shop.
Upholstery shop says he can match the original 67 rear seat inserts to the 72 front bucket inserts. Think I will have him do it. No more
old car smell in my barracuda. This will make everything soft goods in the interior changed and new. Can't wait to cruise it!

Put new shocks all around, glued my console carpet to the console with contact cement while the front seats are at the upholstery shop.
Upholstery shop says he can match the original 67 rear seat inserts to the 72 front bucket inserts. Think I will have him do it. No more
old car smell in my barracuda. This will make everything soft goods in the interior changed and new. Can't wait to cruise it!

Sounds like you and I may have nearly the same interior setup in our Barracudas...?

IMG_20190602_200246950.jpg

Sounds like you and I may have nearly the same interior setup in our Barracudas...?

View attachment 1715378973
Yes they are very close. Yours looks like 68/69 rear seats, the 67's have pleated inserts. The front seats look the same, mine have the pleats in crosshatch pattern with plain surrounds
which I will have my interior guy match when he does the rear seats. The rail modification to mount the front seats is a ***** kitty though. Part of my work will
include moving my seat rails forward to give me more legroom. I can gain about 3" if I do it right.
I just noticed your seatbelts. I have 3PT belts remodeled into mine as well:)

In the last week or so, I’ve installed new QA1 UCA’s and front tires and took the car in Monday for an alignment (they didn’t set it right so I’ll be taking it back Tuesday). And in the past 2 days I’ve put 100 miles on it and today I bought the rest of the parts I need to install my new Jegs Deep Tone chambered mufflers.

5FA0EA50-C08A-40FF-9D8A-5163DA594A7D.jpeg

Last edited:
Another little step. Had tons of stuff to do around the house today, but managed to drag this 4x4 1/4 inch chunk out of the back of the garage. It'll be the base under the car for when I start pulling the front end/torsion support/rockers/floor/a-pillar off. Lots of bracing will be welded to that, and the body. I got that steel from my neighbor about 8 years ago.. the wife asked "what are you ever going to use that for?" I replied "I'll use it someday". Someday is here :)

IMGP7268_res.jpg

Took advantage of the seats being in the shop to Sem treat the hard backs. Scuff with 400, wipe with lacquer thinner twice, two coats of Sem prep spray and three coats of Sem black color.
IMG_0180.JPG
IMG_0181.JPG

Not a bad morning. Got my Kmember all squared up with some adjustments to the motor mount area to get the fitment like I want it when it goes back in..... Spent the afternoon taping and spraying....

I was not a fan of this color for the car originally but I have to say that in the end it's growing on me.... Why my dad wanted it this color I will never know but at almost 81 why ask lol.... Just spray is all I have to say. I'm kinda diggin' it.....

JW

Image1425572728.jpg

Image1794218102.jpg

Thought this might be a good thread to quickly show what you are up to with your cars today, as an alternative for people who don't have full build threads for their cars.

I'll kick it off!

Today I bolted on the new Cragar wheels and tires and took it for a quick test drive with no front or rear glass. What a great traction upgrade! 295/50/15s in the back and 155/80/15s in the front. Gave the car a whole new attitude.
I also installed my new Champion Radiator that I bought from Challenger Gary a couple of months ago. It works great so far, ran it for about a half hour with a single 16 inch electric fan and the temp stayed very steady.

Now I am removing the old cheapo headers and installing a new set of Doug's along with a mini starter that I pulled from the local U-Pull junk yard a couple of hours ago for 22 bucks.

Trying to get it driveable for Mopars in the Park. I live about 20 minutes from the fairgrounds so it shouldn't be too bad a drive with the 4.56 gears. Really looking forward to meeting some members!

-Doug

View attachment 1714725172

View attachment 1714725173

View attachment 1714725174

View attachment 1714725175

View attachment 1714725176
Just finished installing autometer gauges in my dash...

0814191638.jpg

-
Back