What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Friday night our club was invited to a private 60s-70s themed party.

DSCN1116-cropped.jpg

DSCN1124-cropped.jpg

DSCN1125-cropped.jpg

Then we stopped for a photo opportunity in downtown Detroit (in front of Comerica Park/Ford Field)

DSCN1194.JPG

DSCN1194.JPG

DSCN1208.JPG

DSCN1204.JPG

Then yesterday a few of us went to the Main Street Memories Show in Port Huron, MI

DSCN1280.JPG

DSCN1306.JPG

DSCN1301-cropped.jpg

Another great weekend with my friends!!

Having thoughts of walking away from this project & selling it. :(

View attachment 1715369587

I think that is a normal thought on a major restoration project. Takes lots and lots of time money and effort. Takes a big push to get through it all.

Little successes along the way are enjoyable. You have the biggest pita part of it out of the way now, the body and paint.

Beautiful job, time to put on the new fancy Bling Bling wheels and tires to get you motivated again.

It's all about the wheels and tires filling out the wheel openings and the stance of the car that give the whole project that Killer look everyone is going after.

Did this with one of my B bodies, don't want to sell that one at all any more.

We were fitting up new wheels and tires on my buddy's 67 Coronet, used the Torq Thrust wheels and Radial T/As off my 69 B, they fit perfect and ordered him in a new set.
New set comes in and they won't fit his 67 cause they have 3/4" more outward offset and won't fit the rear quarters. So for the greater good I give up my cherrished Torq Thrusts and told him I will work it out and put the newly ordered wheels on the 69 B.

As it turned out the new wheels with the additional 3/4" outward offset really gave the 69 B that Killer Look, I could not be happier. Cranked the front torsions up one turn to raise the front, that was a huge improvement too.

Stumbling on to success while in the process of helping someone else out with their car. We got to keep each other motivated.

Continue on with your Beautiful Black Dart.

After:
20190721_191012.jpg

Just for the people going through wheel and tire swaps to get just the right look and stance for their cars. Here below is the '69 with the first set of Torq Thrusts on with 3/4" less outward offset.

Just unbelievable to me what that additional 3/4" Offset on all 4 did for the look and the stance of the car. Giving a total 1 1/2" wider track to the whole car.

A Body Darts are much more challenging to fit up custom wheels and tires to the lesser clearanced quarter panels. I know all too well about that one . . .

Before:
20190726_214629.jpg

Last edited:
Cool! I love old pumps, what brand is it? I have a couple from the 50's a Tokhiem and a Gilbarco. I haven't had the funds for a visible like yours yet, them baby's are expensive.

imagejpeg_2_34.jpg

IMG_20190417_162453.jpg

Skins @ done !
Screen on ! " not sure if i like "
We'll see if i paint skins or leave the ol'school look ?

20190803_095629.jpg

586485573.jpg

image000000(1).jpg

Last edited:
Had a good day. Changed both motor mounts, changed oil, calibrated wideband. Decided to put in new plugs & check the rotor cap-just cleaned the rotor tip. Oh yeah, got the final bit of tuning on my Edelbrock AVS2 tweaked and road tested. Next step, put about 1000 mile road trip on it before October.

Finally getting to it, three corners look good after 4.5 years and not sure why the one left rear wheel cylinder popped. It was all new. Needles to say both rears are being changed and the Master. Should be easy tomorrow. The left shoes do not seem soaked so good deal there.

683493BD-1489-4161-B651-CFC623C390F4.jpeg

39ADC534-5503-4914-889E-173E23A26BE0.jpeg

78AE81E1-A655-416B-9B81-A9BD82E47B83.jpeg

balanced a new piston (630g with pin) I got to replace the one with the broken lower compression ring land. I broke it on install and 6 month later I brought myself to take that piston out because I had a bad feeling about it. It made a bad noise when I was tapping it through the ring compressor...Never fired the motor......and I hate press pins! But these MP stroker pistons don't have retainer clip grooves...:-(

I was wrong, seems there is always something! Wheel cylinders that came off were 1/4-20 bolts new Wagner cylinders are 5/16-20. Had to go find some 1/2 long bolts and lock washers. Tractor supply failed me and had no 1/2 long bolts. My local True Value Hardware store did though.

-
Back