What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
It's awesome with the patina,love the shell, are you going to put a globe on it?
Never seen a pump in Hawaii with a globe . So prob. not
But did get a brass handle for it

20190805_085619.jpg

Still awesome without a globe, many visible pumps on the mainland didn't have globes either.

Got @ 2 weeks into it
@ $1000 in cost , parts/trade
Having hard time with lock, but have an idea ?

I have new shocks on the way. Today I put the car up and remove the existing shocks so when the new ones get here I can put them on and go. My new moog offset upper A arm bushings will get here with the shocks but that will be an October project. I will be installing new tortion bars, adjusters and lower control arm reinforcement plates as part of my winter Barracuda improvement project.

Enjoying the day with some friends...

DSCN1537.JPG

(Jim's Superbird (clone), Rik's '68 Coronet R/T (440, 4-spd), my Dart GT & John's '63 440 (383, 4-bbl, pushbutton auto.)

Finishing up the front disc conversion. Made and plumbed some the new brake lines today. Was nice to be in the garage without hot humid weather for a change. But with work and the girls starting college next week, I guess any chance to work on the car is a good day! :)

20190811_104119.jpg

20190806_160007.jpg

20190804_113332.jpg

20190811_130038.jpg

20190811_160028.jpg

Last edited:
Small project. I had a separate air cleaner lid I use for racing. I decided to change it up. I still have plans on hooking up the scoops for functional ram air. This is step one.

air cleaner 1.jpg

air cleaner 2.jpg

IMG_3986.JPG

Today, Research...
Ford & Chevrolet have wing window delete packages :D

???71-73??? Duster door on a 2'nd gen Barracuda ...

Last edited:
Nothing today, but yesterday I ordered up a bunch of parts for my A500 tranny swap. Just some Alto red eagle clutches and steels, a few seals, and a Transgo TFOD shift kit.

Yesterday put 1/4 cup of dish soap in the radiator and drove it some here and there.
Dropped that out this morning and refilled with 2 gallons of vinegar, warmed up to 190 and let that soak for a couple of hours.
Drained that and water/air backflushed the radiator and block and refilled with new coolant.
It looked like it really didn't need it, but what the hell.:D

Tracked down a rattle ("ka-ding, ka-ding") that was driving me nuts and happened every time I ran over a patch/bump in the road. Looked everywhere, checked everything and it finally turned out to be the pinion snubber. Gave the various pieces a couple of wraps of electrical tape where they contact and rattle gone.

20190322_150023.jpg

Also replaced my old stock style flasher with an electronic flasher, which cured the problem of the signals slowing down and stopping when idling at a light with the headlights on. Works great.

20190812_105635.jpg

Last week, I picked up my new British Columbia "Modified Collector" plates after jumping through all of those government hoops. My Government issued basic Insurance policy went from $970/year to $170/year. Now it will be plated 12 months instead of just 7 months/year for a fraction of the cost.

Car is running awesome right now - been taking it out a minimum of 3 times a week in the nice weather, averaging about 60km/trip. When not driving it, I am usually thinking about driving it.

Last edited:
Tracked down a rattle ("ka-ding, ka-ding") that was driving me nuts and happened every time I ran over a patch/bump in the road. Looked everywhere, checked everything and it finally turned out to be the pinion snubber. Gave the various pieces a couple of wraps of electrical tape where they contact and rattle gone.

View attachment 1715377959

Also replaced my old stock style flasher with an electronic flasher, which cured the problem of the signals slowing down and stopping when idling at a light with the headlights on. Works great.

View attachment 1715377960

Last week, I picked up my new British Columbia "Modified Collector" plates after jumping through all of those government hoops. My Government issued basic Insurance policy went from $970/year to $170/year. Now it will be plated 12 months instead of just 7 months/year for a fraction of the cost.

Car is running awesome right now - been taking it out a minimum of 3 times a week in the nice weather, averaging about 60km/trip. When not driving it, I am usually thinking about driving it.

Very Nice, Impressive.
I would be thinking about driving that one all the time too . . .

Got the 72 E body seats out and apart. They are going into the upholstery shop tomorrow for refreshing as needed. Works out because the car is on stands now waiting for me to install the new shocks all around.

-
Back