What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
My alternator is no longer alternating... At least the Sun is shining!

IMG_20191029_134659544.jpg

Nice paint. I use to custom paint new vans and trucks for Chrysler back around 75 to 77 that the car dealers ordered in Washington state. Had one myself in 77 brings back great memories.
You gonna bring it to Mopars in the Park next summer? would like to check it out.

I got the heavy duty over center spring in (clutch spring).
It was a B**** getting the washers off after I got the spring on.
NO, they don't fall out when you push the clutch in.
The heavy duty has a protective bracket along the top so you had to knock the top ones out from the bottom of the spring...30 minutes in a contorted position between the drivers seat, 4 speed, and steering wheel.
Glad I don't have a center console!!
I won and it's done!!

9097869B-CCE4-4E1C-A84F-F7D67F63FAB0.jpeg
61E28C65-2F2F-4D40-B7B0-90A89FE7139F.jpeg
A23CC020-78CD-4FCC-9735-CB38D3DF789E.jpeg
896558EA-59BF-490C-8885-14325DA69B15.jpeg
C2E27CE7-D2C0-41EE-AADE-CD87E4AAFF5E.jpeg
9097869B-CCE4-4E1C-A84F-F7D67F63FAB0.jpeg
I’m waiting on the body guy. He has one side done, straightened and in primer. The engine compartment is in primer. But this stuff just takes way too dang long. I’m getting tired of waiting. 12 years building this damn car. I don’t even know how to handle final assembly, if that day ever comes.

I want to buy a good solid ‘69 Dart I can drive around in the meantime. Just need 10 or 15 grand. Lol.

These pictures are in no particular order, I’m just mocking up my brake lines.

All I want to do is just drive around and go cruising with a manual transmission.

Took her for a nice drive this morning.....the brakes are getting kinda squeaky - gonna have to look at 'em!

Jeff

2017120295113159.jpg

The Dart waits patiently undercover for her owner to loving put her away for the long winter months ahead. No favorites here, first come…. first served, all gets equal attention, a mindless effort anymore nowadays…..lol

IMG_3738.JPG

Today I ordered a deluxe torsion bar kit, lower arm reinforcement plates and a rear sway bar kit for my 1967 Barracuda. I think I have everything else in stock for my planned winter upgrades. First it goes to the transmission shop for a quick look then home and up on stands for the planned work.

Seems like I've been doing a lot of dirty jobs lately, on to the next. Decided I should start removing all the crap on top of the factory roof drip rail seam sealer. Took quite a while just to do the passenger side.
IMG_3868.jpg
IMG_3870.jpg
IMG_3871.jpg

cleaned the EGR passage on the 'ol SC400, getting it ready for smog test. It passed within just a few points last year.......dont want to have to buy cats or O2 sensors for it as I barely drive it. Any sneaky tips to pass smog? White gas, Lots of HEAT, lots of heat (ie, driving it for 20 minutes before you test, and let it idle while waiting...that seems to be the best tip), oil change?

cleaned the EGR passage on the 'ol SC400, getting it ready for smog test. It passed within just a few points last year.......dont want to have to buy cats or O2 sensors for it as I barely drive it. Any sneaky tips to pass smog? White gas, Lots of HEAT, lots of heat (ie, driving it for 20 minutes before you test, and let it idle while waiting...that seems to be the best tip), oil change?

Not so sure about Scotty Kilmer, but this stuff sounds logical.

Sketchy...acetone eats plastic and rubber. Ill agree on the fresh oil, Not sure why a fouled air cleaner would make it run lean but....well see what the first test shows before I add paint thinner.

Took off the Slant 6 Valve cover to check valve lash. The old gasket crumbled. Lots of gasoline smell, so after the valve lash and new gasket decided to change the oil... So much gasoline in the oil. New Fuel pump will be here tomorrow.

Cheers!
Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 12.33.28 PM.png

Took the Golden Oldie out for the last drive of 2019. It was an awesome year of cruising! I put 2500 miles on it this year (my average is ~800 miles per season)! And the odometer rolled over to 19,000 miles (plus the previous 100K)!

DSCN3720.JPG

IMG_4567.JPG

-
Back