What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
From 38" Super Swampers to this! Sorry truck! At least you fit in the garage now!

Cley
20200104_162136.jpg
20200104_162144.jpg

Ideally, a manifold, the gasket and the head line up anf you get a perfect continuous chamber.....
But how do you know how the runners in the manifold line up with the heads when bolted together?

Jeff

Ideally, a manifold, the gasket and the head line up anf you get a perfect continuous chamber.....
But how do you know how the runners in the manifold line up with the heads when bolted together?

Jeff
Start by setting the same gaskets used to port the intake onto the heads. The gaskets match the intake already. If they don't match the head, get to work.

Jeff
Exactly
Start by setting the same gaskets used to port the intake onto the heads. The gaskets match the intake already. If they don't match the head, get to work.
I think if the intake runner is smaller as opposed to bigger is better.
You have to have a lot of work on the heads in order for any intake mods to make any difference.

Exactly

I think if the intake runner is smaller as opposed to bigger is better.
You have to have a lot of work on the heads in order for any intake mods to make any difference.
Yeah, you're not gonna really see any performance gains by just doing the intake. But what the hell, it's good experience, and if you don't screw it up, I don't think itll hurt anything.
Little known secret is that I've got a ported M1 dual plane on my 340. I did it because I had the tools and plenty of beer, and was bored that day.
Looks just like the cast iron when painted orange.

20190620_205233.jpg

Yeah, you're not gonna really see any performance gains by just doing the intake. But what the hell, it's good experience, and if you don't screw it up, I don't think itll hurt anything.
Little known secret is that I've got a ported M1 dual plane on my 340. I did it because I had the tools and plenty of beer, and was bored that day.
Looks just like the cast iron when painted orange.

View attachment 1715447906
That’s to cool

I ordered my new passenger side mirror today. I have an interior change to make that involves fabricating a new gauge cluster that will go from my console up toward the dash to hold four gauges. It will replace the redneck hack job I did when I put the car together. I will mock it up on CAD and fab it up over the next couple weeks. I will do a start to finish thread on it and post it up when I am done.

I was walking through a pick a part and saw a late 70s van and the air cleaner still had a perfect air cleaner warm air duct.

I got it for a dollar.

Came home and it fits perfect

20200104_180327.jpg

20200104_180401.jpg

20200104_180411.jpg

Nothing like a fresh wax job to bring in the new year, first time trying chemical guys products, since my go to wax liquid glass is no longer made due to the voc laws in CA i picked up a bottle of the chemical guys jet seal and was curious how it would do. I did my moms 2011 mustang and was impressed. Decided to do the demon as well, very happy with the results. Surface is slick as hell! Has anyone else used much of the chemical guys products?

View attachment 1715446400

View attachment 1715446401

View attachment 1715446402
What i the color code of your Demon? Looks great

Epic failure today....Couldn't get the u joint out after removing a cap so I went to pound back out the side it came from. Should've put the cap back on the other side. Some how it got crooked. Ended up at Advanced auto to borrow the press kit. Finally got the joint out but while pushing out the cap one of the ears on the drive shaft got bent a little. I tried to straighten it out and it looked good. Couldn't get the new joint in both ends. Sucked it up ad brought it to a shop to clean up the mess I made. 55 years old and still learning lessons. Needless to say the center section did not get done today. I did change my oil in my WRX and get my sons skates sharpened for his games this weekend...hahaha
Well I got my drive shaft back but the shop did not listen to my instructions and only fixed the joint I screwed up and didn't replace the front one. I took it back that way and ordered another U joint and also bought the press tool. I was able to do the other joint without any issues. On to the next task of removing my center section. Gonna try the 3.23 489 sure grip after winter. So far its going good. Things are going slow but I have time. Hoping going from my factory 741 3.91 SG is still as much fun to drive.

replaced steering wheel with a deluxe type - I like it. Pleasantly surprised all went pretty well and horn and turn signal cancel A-OK. I thought I'd prefer the brushed stainless look but this seems to go well with ralley dash.

P1050238.JPG

P1050239.JPG

Got my 5.9 Magnum swap running yesterday. Wife shot a video of first start. Then I took a 10 second video of idle from underneath the back of the car today. Both are open headers. Videos do it no justice. It sounds great in person!

Thanks Jeff. My first ever build from the cam up. I had a shop do new rings and bearings, then I took it from there.

I'm loving that idle.

Sounds great!
I did my first and only (so far!) 3 years ago.....its an awesome feeling!

Jeff

Got my 5.9 Magnum swap running yesterday. Wife shot a video of first start. Then I took a 10 second video of idle from underneath the back of the car today. Both are open headers. Videos do it no justice. It sounds great in person!

Looks good in there !:thumbsup:

Got the rear back in today with the help of my 13 year old son. He was the jack man. It took some time but we got the pig in. I put the axles in and filled the rear with synthetic gear oil and limited slip additive. I even purchased the right gear ratio tag and sure grip tag. All I have left is the speedo gear in the trans and putting the drive shaft back in. Never done a speedo gear before. Is it difficult to do?

Got the rear back in today with the help of my 13 year old son. He was the jack man. It took some time but we got the pig in. I put the axles in and filled the rear with synthetic gear oil and limited slip additive. I even purchased the right gear ratio tag and sure grip tag. All I have left is the speedo gear in the trans and putting the drive shaft back in. Never done a speedo gear before. Is it difficult to do?

Speedo gear is a piece of cake.
Make sure you get the right one for yore rear end gearing and tire diameter.
I can't remember who has the tables, I think classic industries has it on their website. Ill double check my order history when I get home, they have links to the tables there.

25 teeth - light green
26 teeth - red
27 teeth - beige
28 teeth - light blue
29 teeth - black
30 teeth - yellow
31 teeth - green
33 teeth - yellow
34 teeth - green
35 teeth - orange
36 teeth - red
39 teeth - green
40 teeth - orange
41 teeth - red
45 teeth - yellow

Speedometer pinion.png

Nice looking fish, and sounds great. I'm guessing from the sound of the idle, you put an aftermarket cam in there ? And the engine looks great with the 273 valve covers.

-
Back