What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Well I didn't get as much done today as I wanted to. My cheap *** Harbor Freight transmission jack decided to stop working 3 inches from the height I needed it to go so I returned it exchanged it and got another one, and the transmission is bolted in. I just have a few more connections and the drive shaft and I can put it on the ground tomorrow and I think I'll be able to take it for a test drive on Sunday like I thought.....fun day!

Jeff

A45C8BF1-AC6D-4627-B536-A31C0367AE13.jpeg
Starting to run 1/2 inch fuel line for the sniper efi. That is a Holley filter/regulator that is preset to 59.5 psi so only one line needs to go to the front.
3711019F-EF3A-4A86-BED5-392299155C3A.jpeg
B15A903F-FFF0-403C-9E0C-22D0336033E6.jpeg

the new exhaust is an X pipe, fully welded so it would be tricky to only install one
so for now, im running open header (sorry neighbors)
Been there several times. I put an x pipe on my car and it was well worth it. The sound is awesome! Your gonna love it. I put 2-1/2" out the back with 1' thrush glass pacs. Might as well be open headers. Lucky my neighbors don't give a crap.

Rained all day... Drilled my 4780 (800 dp) metering blocks for adjustable IFRs (and relocated the secondary IFR from the well to the lowest position). Now if the weather will only clear up (and the mud roads turn back into dirt) I can fire it up and do some more tuning.

Been there several times. I put an x pipe on my car and it was well worth it. The sound is awesome! Your gonna love it. I put 2-1/2" out the back with 1' thrush glass pacs. Might as well be open headers. Lucky my neighbors don't give a crap.
these are 2.5s into a set of stainless pypes mufflers which dont look much wider then glaspacks and they dump just before the rear axles

I might change that over to side exit kinda like the AAR style tips later but for now I cant wait to get them on

I actually have a guy 2 houses over who owns a 69 dart
his sounds so much alike to what I had on the duster that it happened once where I told my little girl to get ready because we were going somewhere
I went upstairs to change and the neighbors left in the dart
when I came back down my little girl was bawling because she had heard the dart leave and thought I left her

Awe. I welded all mine from jegs and it was a lot of cutting and grinding. Thought I'd save some money but... It took a good 8 hrs to do it. Never again! Pypes are great! Worth the $$$.

I picked it up used from here, I think it was a good deal
specially if I can sell the summit kit I was running on there to offset the cost

Well I didn't get as much done today as I wanted to. My cheap *** Harbor Freight transmission jack decided to stop working 3 inches from the height I needed it to go so I returned it exchanged it and got another one, and the transmission is bolted in. I just have a few more connections and the drive shaft and I can put it on the ground tomorrow and I think I'll be able to take it for a test drive on Sunday like I thought.....fun day!

Jeff
My cheap *** harbor freight transmission jack did the same thing the second time I was doing a test fit of my A500. I looked at the booklet that came with the jack, and there were instructions on how to bleed the jack (actually I think it said to do this before use, which I didn't). After bleeding it, it worked just fine.

My cheap *** harbor freight transmission jack did the same thing the second time I was doing a test fit of my A500. I looked at the booklet that came with the jack, and there were instructions on how to bleed the jack (actually I think it said to do this before use, which I didn't). After bleeding it, it worked just fine.
You read the instructions? ???????

Fuel line rerouting day, I hope I can find my bending tool , radiator from Tony Fields 67 Barracuda build he ordered, but he went aluminum and gifted me it. Looks good to go

20200311_182542.jpg

Swapped out the 3.23’s for 3.91’s. Hopefully get to the track next month. Bungee cord around the exhaust to hold the funnel, old apple juice jug caught all the fluid from the custom drain hole, jacked up one side to get the angle.

ADC8380F-7884-41A3-8F11-1B8A10FF2D8C.jpeg

Last edited:
Not a damn thing. ....ugh.
I've had a pounding migraine all day....bad.
I'm about 2 hours of easy buttoning up on the transmission project and I can drive it again. ...gonna have to wait for later this week.
Feels like a BAD hangover except I didn't drink.

Bummed out but it's ok....couple hours Friday and it's a wrap.

Jeff

Got the left side floor all trimmed and the new panels fitted.

6A9EBE62-7AC5-48C1-AE9B-BC4D342BF31B.jpeg

Well working day shift at the school today since there's no students or teachers.
Got up this morning, it was 33degrees, with a high of 59, so I figured it was a nice day to drive her to work.

So I did

Yesterday got my rebuilt 360 fired up again and this time was able to run through a whole break in procedure. A few hiccups, one close cal , but in the end a engine that won't overheat standing still after running at 2-2500 rpms for 20 or so minutes.

Next is getting the ever so fun exhaust kit hooked up somehow and all the linkage squared away.... Lucky me!

Watched it rain the entire day, so the car sat in the garage :(

In the 40`s here, rain off and on , more in the forecast, supposed to freeze friday night and maybe sat night.
Broken elbow , cabin fever , cant do sh-- !!

celebrated 42 years of ownership for my swinger took it out for a drive, the weather was beautiful here today 60 degrees and sunny
Screenshot_2020-03-17-19-11-30.png

Worked on the grill of my ol Cuda. I took me a few days to straitened it out and glued the broken part back on. Then cleaned and repainted the black and silver.

IMG_2151.jpeg
IMG_2509.JPG

I pulled my engine Sunday. Had 2 cylinders with low comp. Plan to rering it (if that's all it needs), new heads (bought the Speedmasters), will get a new cam while I'm at it. Easier to do all that with it out. But what a fiasco...pulling the engine out with tranny from below...engine slipped off of the dolly. Probably bent a header and may have damaged the tranny tailshaft housing.

got the new pypes on today
I like the sound of it...sounds a little like a sports bike

-
Back