What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Installed some DEI spark plug boot protectors, some taylor cable spark plug wire separators and also some new factory style plug wire separators that go on the valve covers, i cant stand that the valve cover separators are a white plastic, so i scuffed them up and painted them a semi gloss black to match the other plug wire separators. It was time consuming and tedious but got it done. Took me forever to be happy with the plug wire routing

3F677D9D-701E-4612-B182-1A537CB1028B.jpeg

03C11896-112D-4169-ACEA-2C3EAAA0A2B8.jpeg

3BCF8DC9-60A3-46EC-AD85-E7FE94CCA10C.jpeg

13DA1069-495D-484C-8BD6-792887FC07A3.jpeg

Drove it across town to see my friend aarcuda... I meant to take a picture but I forgot... car ran great, stopped great, shifted great and looked even better.

I got to help take an engine out of an old dart.... then he taught me how to trim rings and assemble a short block.

He also gave me a set of cylinder heads... to try my hand at porting since I can't afford the nice stuff yet lol.

Public announcement ..if you get an itch to get new car parts from seeing it here on FABO in different threads... your itch will get worse seeing it in person... ask me how I know.

20201231_205002.jpg

Wife and I went for a 30 mile New Year cruise.

Its 60 degrees outside today and apparently it was much cooler in the garage. As soon as I pulled it out of the garage, instant ghost glaze on the outside of all windows!

20210101_160439.jpg

Wife and I went for a 30 mile New Year cruise.
View attachment 1715661655

Good looking car right there! And you took it out in the rain?! Im always worried about going out in the rain with my car, besides the paint already being messed up I like spinning the tires in the rain lol.

The only time my windows were that fogged up with the wife with me in the car... I think we were trying to make a baby...

Good looking car right there! And you took it out in the rain?! Im always worried about going out in the rain with my car, besides the paint already being messed up I like spinning the tires in the rain lol.

The only time my windows were that fogged up with the wife with me in the car... I think we were trying to make a baby...

Thanks Doc!

It had stopped raining but the roads were still wet. Paint is a great looking 10 footer but up close there are blemishes. I try to stay out of the rain but I like to drive it don't worry about a little water and dirt. And you are correct about spinning the tires each time you take off from a stop.

These had condensation on the outside you dirty Ole Man. :poke:

Cut up my old two barrel throttle bracket and kickdown linkage and attached it to my four barrel throttle bracket. After a lot of cutting and rebending I have it working really well.

IMG_20210101_162337.jpg

IMG_20210101_162313.jpg

No car stuff today...needed some lights around the smoker... figured we had these lying around.

Edit.. finishing up a prime rib..

20210101_175627.jpg

20210101_175827.jpg

You can use those shades when your porting those cylinder heads you just got.

I know right! I need to get some carbide still. These are 1.88/1.60 heads, so I can't swap the parts to my heads onto them after practicing my porting. Ill have to do it all over again on the X heads lol...

-
Back