What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Changed out my fan switch this evening. What a horrible job! Almost done but I broke my oil pressure gauge while the cluster was out. Good thing I have a spare!

Cley

You're 12 hrs too early. I still work at a full time job. After dinner the Magic happens. :)

tenor-7.gif

Was actually 2 days ago. Bought a set of SBM ceramic coated headers on the cheap at Carlisle a few years back. The guy gave up trying to install on his Duster. Turns out they are made by Flowtech with thick flanges. Finally got around to installing them on my 72 B body.
I did the install Wednesday and it was not so bad. I had to remove my 97 Dakota "mini" starter and my angled oil filter adapted. Also had to remove the steering link due to it passing through the driver's side header tubes. Fabrication included adapting the header collectors to my existing 2.5" exhaust. I was running 340 hi-po manifolds. I also had to extend the crossover tube on the H pipe. One other thing was I had to remove the passenger side trans to engine brace but it looks like it can be trimmed and reinstalled. And yes the right angled oil filter adapter is back in. Now I can actually replace the filter from underneath the car. Was too tight with the torsion bar in the way and the factory manifolds and custom head pipes.
Having a lift helped and I used a chop saw with a metal blade and a MIG welder.
I used Remflex gaskets at the heads and SCE copper at the collectors. No leaks!
Ground clearance is good (my car sits low) and the sound is a huge improvement.
Seat of pants feels like more torque. Guessing 15-20 lb/ft. Very happy with it.

Caution. Amateur welder at work.

1627576488307923761152-jpg.jpg

1627576006079-802740851-jpg.jpg

1627576062965267942012-jpg.jpg

1627576169609778780766-jpg.jpg

I still have a bit more weld clean-up, band clamps and adjustment on the driver's side pipe. Going to use some high temp paint for rust protection as well.

I'm sanding my project car down to bare metal. I almost have the body done. It's on a rotisserie so that helps but that 1965 paint and primer are coming off hard. When it's ready it gets a heavy coat of epoxy primer followed by two heavy coats of high build sandable primer. Then I can start the bodywork.

I actually drove the shitbox to work the last 2 days, after picking up the new front calipers on Tuesday, I thought it would be a good idea to repack the bearings, cause who knows when the last time they were done..................... yeah, 3 of the 4 were completely pooched, 1 outer was so badly chewed up I was suprised it even rolled. So, picked up new bearings after work on Wednesday, got them done, installed the fresh calipers and got the brakes bled, decided to see if it would get me to work. Still not running as well as I expect it should, but at least it's somewhat driveable.

I received my new tank from Tanks Inc. today....needed a fuel injection tank to go with my new system.

All I can say is HOLY CRAP that thing is BEAUTIFUL!
It literally looks like they polished and powder coated it....

A little pricey, but very nice!

Jeff

I received my new tank from Tanks Inc. today....needed a fuel injection tank to go with my new system.

Jeff
Any pics?

Jeff
Too nice to go under the car....I'm gonna relocate it to the roof!

The pics really don't do it justice but here it is....needed it for the Edelbrock ProFlow 4 ya see in one of the pictures. ...

20210730_162455.jpg
20210730_162439.jpg
20210730_162431.jpg
20210730_162338.jpg

Not often I'm blown away by the quality of an aftermarket part!

Jeff

:BangHead: Fuel leak at the front carb inlet fitting/ bronze fuel filter. Gotta order a new one. No start up today. Not the end of the world. No damage. Just a fitting with a flat spot. This won't break my budget.

Screenshot_20210730-220719_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you caught it before it caught fire

Do you still need to break in the cam too?

-
Back