What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
63314963-FBEE-450C-9D2D-B0FF1BDD8344.jpeg
EE0315DD-7D21-4875-8D9E-199186E188D9.jpeg
Took her out to the land to mow. 70 degree day in upstate NY made for a perfect drive.

That sucks, hope it's nothing major.
Thanks. I just did the transmission, I think the front seal is toast. It looked good when I had the trans out, but the converter snout was a little chewed. I know, I know, shouldn’t have ignored that….

It’s puking fluid out through the bellhousing almost as fast as I can add it, but if the level is good, shifts great.

Not a darn thing!! Working to replace the defunct dishwasher instead!! All while the engine/trans is waiting to go into the 71 Demon....:BangHead:

20220510_120151.jpg

Finally got the Dart back together, it's amazing how easy it is to tune and how good it runs after fixing multiple vacuum leaks around the intake manifold! Also put a collar on the distributor shaft, no more scattered timing.
DSCN0915 (2).JPG

Finally got the Dart back together, it's amazing how easy it is to tune and how good it runs after fixing multiple vacuum leaks around the intake manifold! Also put a collar on the distributor shaft, no more scattered timing. View attachment 1715925805
Can you elaborate on the distributor shaft collar? That’s something I haven’t heard of, curious to know more.

It's a collar that goes around the distributor shaft against the oil pump drive gear to stop the shaft from moving up and down and making the timing change a few degrees either way.

Not much. Texas skipped spring and went to July!!! Record hot today, last time it was this damn hot was 1893!!!! or was it '83?? Climate change or global warming? Go green you damned DEMs.!!!!

Nothing, I'm sitting in a hotel 750 miles from home, but I did go and look for some shop vac hose to replace my nonexistent defroster tubes, no luck.

Last edited:
The "Golden Oldie" is home after a successful heart transplant. My buddy also performed quite the facelift in the engine bay too. It was a long 6 months, but well worth it!

323 Borer.jpeg

Fresh Front.JPEG
Fresh Drvr Side.JPEG
Fresh Pass Side.JPEG

Well it's been a long time coming. It's finally going in my 67.
Just a few more finishing things to do, and then it's going in!!

IMG_0142.JPG

Flirting with a little vapor lock this afternoon. Hotter than hell here already! Freezing some jell packs for the cool can tomorrow.

The cool can seemed to do the trick. After work on the way to picking the kids up, if I accelerated hard to merge on the highway or whatever it would sputter and almost stall a couple times (about 93*). I could smell a little gasoline once in awhile too. I thought maybe a bit of crud in the secondary needle, but in the morning the car runs strong (about 70*). I filled the can up with ice and topped it off with jell packs as the ice melted and it ran normally.

Thinking about wrapping the header at this point. Ceramic paint hasn't really helped my heat issue much.

-
Back