What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Southern California here too.....109 today.
Absolutely NO motivation to go out in the garage and start wrenching!!!!!

Jeff

I'm getting ready to lower the body of my '22 Dodge Bros. touring car onto the chassis, but I experienced a major brain fart: I forgot whether the longitudinal splash pans have to be installed first or not. Even worse, I forgot how to install the splash pans. I am going to have to make inquiry over on the AACA Dodge Bros. forum and hope that somebody will tell me how to do it. Moral: when disassembling the car for restoration, take better notes and more pictures than I did.

The paint is a mess. I am going to have to color sand and buff big time. I think I can fix it up OK, though.

body above chassis 9-5-2022.jpg

I was playing with the carb today, so I decided to play with some different air cleaner bases. I always figured the stock base was trapping a lot of heat between the manifold and the carb. The stock unsilenced base fit fine, so I decided to try the drop base. It cleared everything too so I was able to use my taller K & N filter. We'll see how it works. I also had my old open top in the same box, so I threw in a picture.

IMG_20220905_154934812.jpg

IMG_20220905_155046330.jpg

IMG_20220905_155321755.jpg

Waiting for a copper crush washer to show up Tuesday from the parts store. Brake line leak. :(
Demonx2 should be helping me. Hint Hint

Last edited:
I'm getting ready to lower the body of my '22 Dodge Bros. touring car onto the chassis, but I experienced a major brain fart: I forgot whether the longitudinal splash pans have to be installed first or not. Even worse, I forgot how to install the splash pans. I am going to have to make inquiry over on the AACA Dodge Bros. forum and hope that somebody will tell me how to do it. Moral: when disassembling the car for restoration, take better notes and more pictures than I did.

The paint is a mess. I am going to have to color sand and buff big time. I think I can fix it up OK, though.

View attachment 1715981245

Ugh... hope you find the info easily. I take tons of pictures but seems that the most simple, obscure thing will just eat my lunch... "Oh, I'll remember that ".... but not so much

Packing up for a week at the BEACH (Washington State's Long Beach Peninsula) with a couple thousand other Hot Rods at THE ROD RUN TO THE END OF THE WORLD!!! in my 1970 Dart Custom 340. :thumbsup:

Got my Banjo washers today. 6 for $0.52 I gave the parts guy $1 & said keep the change. Yup I'm a big tipper. :)

20220906_172613.jpg

For what I paid? I'm going new. But yes you can reuse them a few times if you inspect them.
Yeah, my comment wasn't really directed at spending the money. I was just curious if I should start looking for new ones or just plan on using the old ones if they are in good enough shape. I think I recall someone on here saying something about crushing copper washers, and I didn't want to reuse something that had been compromised by previous installation, even if damage wasn't obvious.

Yeah, my comment wasn't really directed at spending the money. I was just curious if I should start looking for new ones or just plan on using the old ones if they are in good enough shape. I think I recall someone on here saying something about crushing copper washers, and I didn't want to reuse something that had been compromised by previous installation, even if damage wasn't obvious.
I would change them to play it safe.

There was a gasket between the rear wheel cylinder and the backing plate on the old setup. I don't have a new gasket, but I don't see where it actually seals anything, so is it really necessary to use a gasket when I re-install new wheel cylinders?

While I'm waiting for my axle to come back from the machine shop (new bearing and seal), I'm cleaning brake parts to reassemble.

20220907_175918.jpg

New tach installed. I moved it from under dash to the steering column. The old wiring was sketchy so I ran all new wiring... and cleaned up some curious splices and solders in the harness along the way. Went with a wire loom wrap after getting a thousand feet of old electrical tape off and cleaning the goo off the wires.

20220907_204433.jpg

20220907_210501.jpg

20220907_204527.jpg

20220907_212342.jpg

20220907_204545.jpg

Welded holes up that was used for the bench seat and holes i drilled to close to the door.
I used the metal i trimmed off the bad passenger side fender to covet the holes then weld them on, epoxy was then used to seal them up, now to get the Hush Matt installed.

Did this yesterday, tomorrow I feel I can move forward again.

Have a good evening everyone.

20220906_092824.jpg

FB_IMG_1582206840840.jpg

-
Back