What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Welded holes up that was used for the bench seat and holes i drilled to close to the door.
I used the metal i trimmed off the bad passenger side fender to covet the holes then weld them on, epoxy was then used to seal them up, now to get the Hush Matt installed.

Did this yesterday, tomorrow I feel I can move forward again.

Have a good evening everyone.

View attachment 1715982433

View attachment 1715982436

Nice work Mike

Nice work Mike
I will be back tomorrow with a floor shot before I put my Hush mat on.
My battery in my welding helmet went out i thought, but I bumped the optional darkness switch on the doors arm rest :lol:
Things that happen at 64 years young mess with us :lol:

Nice work Mike

About to prime and put Hush Matt down, good morning 64 Signet

20220908_084306.jpg

About to put the drivers seat in temporarily to assure my location, I had them to close to the door, when they leaned forward fo access to the back the inside door handle hit the seat when the door was closed, off 3/4 of an inch

16626517208784900387777706796066.jpg

About to put the drivers seat in temporarily to assure my location, I had them to close to the door, when they leaned forward fo access to the back the inside door handle hit the seat when the door was closed, off 3/4 of an inch

View attachment 1715982538
I'm sure relieved to know that I'm not the only one that does stuff like that.

I like the location, good air flow there :thumbsup:

I planned to spend the afternoon figuring out the best location. Dropped it there first and could not believe how well it fit. I was like... heck ya... lol. Should see decent airflow. The only downside was 10 feet of rubber transmission line, but it routed easily.
20220908_100853.jpg

I had put the fittings in with Permatex thread sealer a few days ago to let it cure. Fitting on the right seeped a bit of fluid on the first run out. It's a Summit brand cooler and about 3/4 of the reviews had issues with leaking fittings at the NPT. I bottomed the fitting out like the one next to it and it sealed up. Felt like I was going to strip the threads, should not have had to use that much torque. I'm still looking for a cleaner way to do the lower fittings. I have the 3/8 hose slipped over the lines and clamped, has to be a way to get some barb fittings on the male & female flare.

20220908_104707.jpg

Upgraded the charge wire from the alternator to the battery from 6 to 2 Gauge. I thought a 95 amp alternator would be plenty but am considering a 130A. Don't have a boomin' stereo or anything else I felt would push me toward the 95A ceiling. The two Spal fans pull 25A each if the spec sheet is correct. If they are on at full tilt and I'm at a stop light with the lights on the V's drop to 12ish at times from 14. When that happens the car loads up as I think the ignition system is not getting nuff volts. If I drop it in neutral and tach it up between 800 and 1k it sorts out. Smaller pulley might help out a bit but I'm concerned about spinning the alternator up out of spec at higher engine RPM's. Drove it around a bit and the larger cable seems to have helped, we'll see.

20220909_080629.jpg

20220909_102102.jpg

20220909_102115.jpg

I finished my suspension rebuild upgrade project on my 70 Duster...it was a mess Over the past couple weeks I've added disc brakes and rebuilt the front suspension using the stock control arms and rubber bushings. After that I really wasn't that happy as it was still a little squirrelly so I replaced the front fairly new Monroes that came with the car, (I just bought it a little while back) with some KYB Gas Adjust for a slight improvement and worked on tweaking
the ride height and alignment for a little bit more. Then I added a front sway bar, but I just wasn't really feeling it. This morning I switched the air shocks that came with the car for some of KYB Gas Adjusts and bingo, it finally came together, the rear end dropped about 1.5 and the stance is much better too. I took it for a ride on some curvy back roads, where up until then I thought for sure I was going to end up in the woods. What a difference, it still needs new tires and a proper alignment, but I'm much happier today, then I was yesterday.

Last edited:
Getting the car packed up for a trip (~200 miles round trip) to:

Ubly-Dragway-logo_1.jpg

Our car club has rented the track for the day. Not sure if I'm going to run the "Golden Oldie" or not (it only has ~500 miles on the rebuild). There will be plenty of action from other members! I'll post some pictures when I can.

Getting the car packed up for a trip (~200 miles round trip) to:

View attachment 1715983150

Our car club has rented the track for the day. Not sure if I'm going to run the "Golden Oldie" or not (it only has ~500 miles on the rebuild). There will be plenty of action from other members! I'll post some pictures when I can.
Have a great time.

Not too exciting...aiming headlights. Trying not to have the lights looking for squirrels in the trees! And we all know it didn't happen without pics! Here's one in the middle of setting them.
20220909_205852.jpg

Also installed the hood to rad support seal. Still lots of small items to address!

20220909_211828.jpg

Borrowed my Buddies power bleeder tonight. It's going to work sweet. Still fighting one last leaking fitting

20220910_202240.jpg

Got my modified air cleaner installed.
First two pictures are before, then two after.
Now I don't have to remove the front valance to clean the air filter!

20220911_143046.jpg

20220908_181759.jpg

20220911_145029.jpg

20220911_145037.jpg

-
Back