What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Before & After. Hang in there. It can be done ✔️

DSCN0189.jpg

20220718_211835.jpg

I'll be happy if it's half as clean as yours. Really looks great. Nice job.
Thank you you're kind. I didn't show you my intermediary steps...me in the driveway sandblasting away!! Oh so fun...
IMG_7416.jpg

Ok...then ready for paint...
20200506_203917.jpg

Then painted it to look like yours and put the blasted/cleaned/painted/new suspension pieces in....
20200619_114607.jpg

Keep going...lots of work but fun ahead!! 3rd car I've done all this to. I know, I know -I'm nuts!!

Something simple but kind of important. Cleaned out and lubed up the ignition switch and lock tumbler so they work free again. Were beginning to stick.

Added the new key so everything lines up and works properly too.

Screenshot_20220916-223534_Gallery.jpg

Now what I want yo see is how you will "attach" the carpet to this mat so it doesn't squirm all around.
I have the answer to that, I will post it here with pictures, an intermediate very thin rubber will me glued down with spay adhesive, the carpet will grip it.

Helping my brother get his daughter's car ready for clear coat. She loves the way the car looks now, so no body work.
These are before, I will post more after clear coat.

20220917_083750.jpg

20220917_083802.jpg

20220917_091313.jpg

20220917_091322.jpg

20220917_091332.jpg

20220917_091340.jpg

Added 90A fuse to charging bypass wire and installed Rob's headlight bypass harness. Have not decided on final location for the relay's so I just zip tied them to the radiator support for now. Headlights are definitely brighter.
20220917_132226.jpg

20220917_135005.jpg

20220917_135010.jpg

20220917_152642.jpg

How can you tell? You see where this is going?
( I don't see any headlights) Just pulling your chain :poke:

Headlights never worked.. now the new harness is in and it's parked in the garage with the lights on... so much brighter than before... lol.

Question? Has anyone used the Baby Powder technique for finding brake fluid leaks? How were your results? The guys that know will chime in. The guys that don't will rip this post apart. Let's see who knows what I'm talking about? I'm running out of ideas. :(

Question? Has anyone used the Baby Powder technique for finding brake fluid leaks? How were your results? The guys that know will chime in. The guys that don't will rip this post apart. Let's see who knows what I'm talking about? I'm running out of ideas. :(

Did you use "Double Flares" on your new brake lines Meeting up to the fittings?

Did you use "Double Flares" on your new brake lines Meeting up to the fittings?
Everything is brand new. Inline tube & Dr Diff parts. My flairing tool is the same one Inline tube uses. Very high end equipment. Not the clamp in your bench vice type.

Screenshot_20220917-214326_Chrome.jpg

Might want to polish the ends of your brake lines and the fittings they go into with Scotch Bright Pads before reassembly. Make sure all threads are clean so the fittings bottom out properly.

Just basic stuff. You know how things are made nowadays, got to take the extra steps of care to get things right.

Quality Control has gone out the window, regardless of who you are dealing with.

Thanks Joe Biden, this used to be a good nation till you decided to wreck it.

Screenshot_20220917-204752_Gallery.jpg

Might want to polish the ends of your brake lines and the fittings they go into with Scotch Bright Pads before reassembly. Make sure all threads are clean so the fittings bottom out properly.

Just basic stuff. You know how things are made nowadays, got to take the extra steps of care to get things right.

Quality Control has gone out the window, regardless of who you are dealing with.

Thanks Joe Biden, this used to be a good nation till you decided to wreck it.

View attachment 1715986979
Yes I agree with you. My question is Baby powder. One person will know the direction I'm going. And a good guy will actually suggest something else. Staying kinda vague. If your in the hydraulics field? You know what I'm asking. Not being mean or cocky. Just looking for the right person.

Now the question is do you Google my question? You might learn something. :) Old school guy still use old school techniques.

Sifting through a collection of wheels and tires to find the ones that'll work. I need 4.5 inch pattern on front and 4 inch on rear.
20220919_120342.jpg

I am running over by a friend to install the inner tubes into my slicks. Then just need to change the center section back to 3.91s, swap the drivers side leaf spring to run 2 of the 002 rear springs, and swap to big bolt pattern brakes/axles.

Do you want to a $100.00 idea?

Hurst does not make any gear indicator decals for their 904 reverse manual valve body shifters. Isn't that ridiculous?!

So instead of etching the gears into my brand new (and hideously expensive) tin cover, I got some 1/4" black label maker tape and made my own. Now I don't have to guess what gear I'm in.

If any of you guys have a Hurst 1/4 stick shifter and want one of these, please let me know and I'll mail you one. Just pay it forward.

20220904-190047.jpg

-
Back