What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
I sandblasted my brake calipers. Didn't quite finish because my little compressor stopped compressing from sucking in a little too much sand. Ended up taking it apart and giving it a thorough clean-up.

Working on commando parts

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I finished putting my brake n clutch pedal assembly back together today. I took it apart and sandblasted the pieces about 6 months ago, primered, painted, and detailed everything out. Ordered some nice new bronse clutch and brake bushings from Chris "ValiantOne".

Today was assembly day. I included before dissassembly pix so y'all can see how bad it was.

20151123_131734.jpg

20151123_131745.jpg

20160604_161845.jpg

20160604_161910.jpg

20160604_161855.jpg

I finished putting my brake n clutch pedal assembly back together today. I took it apart and sandblasted the pieces about 6 months ago, primered, painted, and detailed everything out. Ordered some nice new bronse clutch and brake bushings from Chris "ValiantOne".

Today was assembly day. I included before dissassembly pix so y'all can see how bad it was.

View attachment 1714940177

View attachment 1714940178

View attachment 1714940183

View attachment 1714940184

View attachment 1714940185
Wowee, those look awesome!!!!

All I can bring myself to do is look out the window at it since it's over 100 out there this weekend.
I don't know how the people that live in the valley can stand it, because if they don't have an AC garage I don't see how they can do anything that might require going out of the house.

View attachment 1714940191

PHX.jpg

Watching her get rained on, wish I had a garage or carport hell a big tarp and some poles..........

Glad you asked! After a 3 month sabattical while I ocean fished and took care of my spring work obligations today is the first day I got back on my car. It involved blasting and painting the new power steering pully purchased from a member and hopefully will be unbent. I also painted several small detail parts at the same time since I have to mix paint to do it. I also intalled my new transmission fluid filter on the return line to the transmission that was provided by my trannsmission rebuilder. I intend to wrap the transmission cooling hard lines with heat wrap to keep them cool tomorrow and install my radiator overflow tank. With luck, I can install the power steering pump pulley on the pump and install same in the car and plumb the hoses. Mentally I am trying to remember where I was three months ago when ACardone screwed me without lube on my power steering pump rebuild but it is coming back to me. I am planning on updating my build thread and starting a "Garage" soon as well.
Happy to be back on my 1967 Barracuda Notchback-----------DR----------:)

Thank you. I like to take my time and get everything just right. I am a bit OCD. I have a tendency to drive my wife nuts.
You too huh?
My Brother always says "damn you do good work, but the amount of time you put into it you wouldn't be able to make much money doing it".
Well, that's good because I don't do it for the money I do it for the car and obviously myself. :D

Those pedals are beautiful.

We dropped the 340 in Eddie's GTS today. It's in and resting on the mounts right now. It was a b*tch to get in with the headers, but we kept fighting until we licked it....

Now we can hook up all the accessories this week and hopefully get it to the exhaust shop by next week to hook the exhaust up to the new headers...

Here's some pictures of today's battle:

DSC04700 B.jpg

DSC04705 B.jpg

DSC04712 B.jpg

DSC04757 B.jpg

DSC04785 B.jpg

DSC04789 B.jpg

DSC04787 B.jpg

DSC04790 B.jpg

DSC04794 B.jpg

You too huh?
My Brother always says "damn you do good work, but the amount of time you put into it you wouldn't be able to make much money doing it".
Well, that's good because I don't do it for the money I do it for the car and obviously myself. :D

Those pedals are beautiful.

You know whats so funny. My brother is a great mechanic, but not normally so picky detail oriented. When we were kids, he would build great model cars, then paint his car models with Q tips. I was always spray paint, fine tip brushes for details etc. I'd cringe at the Q tips.

I got to hand it to him though, i must have rubbed off on him in a way, he recently completed a frame off restoration of a 1987 monte carlo SS. Car looks fantastic from top to bottom, i'm guessing no Q tips either. I did get to install the decals on it in exchange for a nice seafood meal, and beer all afternoon when i was applying the decals

Looks great. They appear to be Kelsey Hayes 4 piston calipers. Are you going to paint them with some high heat paint? If so what color? My vote is for either orange or cast iron gray.

Back in the day a buddy of mine had cragar S/S on his 73 challenger. He used chevrolet orange "oh the horror" on the drums in the back and on the calipers on the front to make em "pop" (make em stand out ) behind the spokes of the mags. Not sure what wheels you plan on running, those ansen sprint wheels your car has would look great with a bit o color poppin out from behind the holes.

I think I'll back the car out of the garage & cook some eggs on the roof....

115* yesterday & similar temps today :eek:

Looks great. They appear to be Kelsey Hayes 4 piston calipers. Are you going to paint them with some high heat paint? If so what color? My vote is for either orange or cast iron gray.

Back in the day a buddy of mine had cragar S/S on his 73 challenger. He used chevrolet orange "oh the horror" on the drums in the back and on the calipers on the front to make em "pop" (make em stand out ) behind the spokes of the mags. Not sure what wheels you plan on running, those ansen sprint wheels your car has would look great with a bit o color poppin out from behind the holes.
I bought a can of high-temp primer and red caliper paint. We'll see how that looks. I've got Shelby Slot mags and right now thedges of the openings are a dark red. I'm thinking I'll paint those edges either body color or the same as the calipers. Or black. Haven't thought too much about it.

A buddy of mine highly polished the aluminum sprint mags on his 63 chevy pickup, and painted the cast holes with a charcoal gray cast color. It set em off really nice. The red calipers will look great behind the wheels. You should paint the rear drums red too.

I drove past it on the lawn mower. lol. Actually I did check for leaks after last nights rain. Last weekend I sprayed rust reformer in the doors and painted the jambs. Got everything back together and adjusted since then. Intalled mirrors (passenger side added) Replaced the glass with better used. Put new fuzzies and lower seals on. (Upper seals done previously) de-rusted, cleaned, lubed etc the regulators, latches. Got new anti-rattle covers on the inside release rods. Lookin dry so far. Will pull the seats soon and get the carpet in. Supposed to get another storm in the next couple hours, so will get another look for leaks after that. Actually the sky just opened up and started dumping...

2016-05-31 20_21_19.jpg

-
Back