What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Unpacking and checking the Carter 4295S AVS rebuildable core I just bought from a member. Correct carb for a 67 273 Commando automatic trans car. Now I just have to decide whether to build it and use it or build it and sell it.
DR-----:coffee2:

You sure that's not an AFB?

You sure that's not an AFB?

Once again I probably misspoke myself. (seems to be a developing pattern) I believe it is an AFB. I know it is the correct carburator Ma Mopar put on the engines in 67 and will work on my LD4B if I decide to use it. It looks to be a bit of a project but I like working on carburators and I have a couple Mopar performance manuals that will help me set it up.
DR:happy1:

I ended up dropping the oil ,replacing filter, pulling plugs inspected and cleaned,removed front wheels off and greasing up the front end.

I got the bucket seats, package tray, rear chrome carpet strips, rear window fuzzies, and the seat belts all in the grey car! Bought some paint to paint the interior trim for the red car, but haven't made it that far yet!! Ice storm knocked out the power, and a car took out the transformer up at the corner, no lights, and it gets dark at 5 so........

I'm trying to find the rear interior panels and that little chrome strip that locks them in.
Also can't move forward until I find the rear 1/4 seals for the glass.

I got the bucket seats, package tray, rear chrome carpet strips, rear window fuzzies, and the seat belts all in the grey car! Bought some paint to paint the interior trim for the red car, but haven't made it that far yet!! Ice storm knocked out the power, and a car took out the transformer up at the corner, no lights, and it gets dark at 5 so........

Dang Geoff you can park them all together and it will look like a Plymouth dealer shot for 1966.Hope the power comes back soon.

found my brake problem! drum brake line attached to the 8 3/4 rear (73 A body brake HOSE) had pin hole leak replaced and bled the brakes. feels like new now...

New strut bearings/mounts on the Magnum. Finally getting rid of the bump rattle!

got the dang thing outta there - once I realized that I had forgotten to take the left motor mount bolt out - it went slick as $#!t... now if I could just remember where I put those bolts to hang it on the stand... for now it sits on the hoist legs..

Attachments

• 100_3610.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 237
got the motor hung on the stand today and cleaned up the garage - gave up trying to find the bolts I KNOW I have somewhere - took a ride and spent ANOTHER $4... :banghead: just pissn away $$ - LOL

Going to take seats and console out and put in new carpet, AGAIN! Got new kit today. In my 66 Dart.

Bought some Schumacher adjustable header flanges awhile back. Spent the day welding
flanges and setting exhaust.

Finishing up the rear end swap.....went from the original never been opened since 1955 8.25 (brakes have likely never been apart either, at least since 1968!) to a ford 8.8. This is a standard width explorer 8.8 with 3.73 gears, disc brakes and a rebuilt trac lock. With the spring perches moved it fits the old girl like a glove. Shown is the explorer 8.8 installed, 15" cop wheels and 26x11.5 slicks. It couldn't fit better!

Attachments

• IMG_20151227_130459.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_20151227_130449.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_20151227_130438.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 201
Up next is dual master cylinder install (70's 4 bolt style bolts right on!), splitting the brake system and installing an adjustable proportioning valve, then onto the front disc brake conversion.

After that I decide to either pull and repair the original and very leaky 2 speed power flite (also original and never been apart), or upgrade to a more modern engine/transmission and mothball the old red ram hemi for the future (it has plenty of cool factor but not much performance).

I am considering a 5.9 magnum with carb and 727, or a 440/727.....

The goal is to make the car more of a reliable, safe driver so that I can use her more. I feel terrible when it just sits there.

Ideas or advice?

Didn't do anything but admire her azz sitting in the new garage...:D

Attachments

• IMG_2821d.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 175
Going to see "Norman" at the storage unit. Will start him up and maybe drive around a little if the roads are clean & dry. Check his vitals. "Rotate" (ahem) the rear tires to eliminate flat spots from sitting. Put him in storage a week ago, just before our first winter storm on the NH seacoast.

Removing the front and rear bumpers.
Removing bezel trim.
Removing trunk tail trim.
Removing fender emblems.
Wet sanding some spots TO DO some touch ups.

yesterday - engine tear down - got about 1/2 way through it

Attachments

• 100_3625.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 157
Actually YESTERDAY I was ACTUALLY out in the shed (van body) looking for bolts and hardware in prep for starting on the engine, when I noticed the roof sagging from the snow........so I got to shovel the damn thing instead, LOL

Attachments

• IMG_0905cs.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 136
The factory buckets are finally in

Attachments

• 20151115_124535.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 124
-
Back