What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
I adjusted the rear brakes and put the rocker arms back on,I take them off when the car sits over the winter.I don't like when the valves are held open over the winter and with over 800 lbs of open spring pressure.Too hard on those couple of rockers that are at full lift.Then I prime the engine and rotate it so all the roller lifters and valve springs get oil before I start it for summer...
IMG_1463[1].jpg
IMG_1471[1].jpg

I got the engine detailed and installed on the Dodge Brothers touring car restoration. Now I've got to do the rear axle, springs and brakes. That is going to be a lot of work.

engine installed 7-21-2022.jpg

Just got back from another Mopar hunt, this young lady had a bunch of parts that her dad left her. I picked up a few heads and some mirrors. She had nice 68 GTS she may want to sell its a 340 car but it is now lacking engine and transmission. I will keep calling her occasionally until she folds, she said I can always come back for more parts.....

IMG_4848.JPG

IMG_4849.JPG

IMG_4847.JPG

I have the RMS rear suspension & the rear of the car sat a little to high for me so adjusted the springs to lower it. I had bought all E brake cables for the barracuda & never put the front cable on so it did that today. I also put a ground strap on for the fuel sending unit. I make my own ground straps. The fuel gauge didnt move. It has 5 gallons in it.

I freshened up the carb all new Holley gaskets "splurge" it's been a very long time since it got new gaskets.They have been reused I don't know how many times.
IMG_1481[1].jpg

Not doing a thing. Got the Wuhan virus tuesday, and that shut everything down. It's not as bad as when I had it in March of 2020, but bad enough to keep from wanting to go to the shop. Looking up now, but still uncomfortable.

Not doing a thing. Got the Wuhan virus tuesday, and that shut everything down. It's not as bad as when I had it in March of 2020, but bad enough to keep from wanting to go to the shop. Looking up now, but still uncomfortable.

Really glad it isn't as bad as the first time. Hopefully you'll be back in the garage in a few days.

Today we change the oil on the old 1977 Dodge D150 "Warlock" and install a new Holley 650 Double Pumper on a old Brand-X Hot Rod.... Cheers

Bobs iphone 2019 105.JPG

Replaced the passenger door on the beat-up truck for a straight one...no more bondo! But its light blue.....Guy was 80 miles away and I asked if he ever got down south. He said he had a daughters softball tournament this Sunday down this way. It was 1 mile from my house! I kicked him another $10 for delivery. :)

Not a darn thing! Track closed for the 2nd week in a row due to rain. And I think it is some special bike thing next week so will be 2 more weeks before we get a chance to try out the new 4.10 axle. :BangHead:

Not a darn thing! Track closed for the 2nd week in a row due to rain. And I think it is some special bike thing next week so will be 2 more weeks before we get a chance to try out the new 4.10 axle. :BangHead:
Be honest. The car did 20 seconds in the quarter mile. :poke:

I just bought a 70 Duster, I didn't like the wheels so I've been trying different combinations that I have laying around. While in the process I see that someone did a disc brake conversation and discovered a brake pad was missing and it seems like the wheel bearings are not correct, incorrectly packed when installed as there was an ungodly amount of nasty black grease gobbed in there. Whatever is going on I'm hoping some good red grease, new races, bearings and pads will straighten it out...once the parts come in later today.

Going to start cleaning and organizing my garage, and then my storage units, with my new to me trailer. My buddy finally cleared his stuff out of it, and brought it over.

PXL_20220723_170141754.jpg

Opted for the MO-090 oil filter today.

Oil Filters.jpg

Also tried (and failed) a pair of these pliers

Oil Filter Pliers.jpg

No room for the pliers

Oil Filter 90.JPEG

Went with the old faithful band wrench

Oil Filter Band Wrench.jpg

^^^^at least you got it off!! Changed mine last week and...the usual agony and cursing and arm with oil running up it too!!

-
Back