What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Got back from a day trip to Chicago with a van packed full of tires, an engine, engine stand and parts some friends had for me. Wish every weekend was like this.

PXL_20240210_035340876~2.jpg

Put in a new fuel line from Fine Lines...good company.
Checked, torqued, put all the cotter pins in. I greased the front suspension, put some gas in the new tank...first time. I warmed it up making sure there were no leaks and went around the block a few times and after many weeks of trial and error, Donnatella as she is fondly know is finally independent.

17075854682824073855329747986637.jpg

Took the avatar to the Gainesville Raceway track today for its maiden Florida outing. Great time - met a bunch of new people. And set a new personal best with the car even at a DA of 2100. Went [email protected] today. Car was great. (Me - not so much. Fell asleep at the tree in round 2.)

Oh well, just to be racing in January in 80 degree weather was fabulous!!
View attachment 1716198508
My wife and I have been looking the last several trips to Florida for a possible place to move after leaving the work place. We have some friends that are moving to the Ocala area in April. I am digging your new life allowing car cruises basically year round, along with racing. Having lived in the northeastern of Ohio our whole life it would be a welcome change. Nice looking car!!

Digging out the parts to take stock and get started soon. Spring is coming and plan on putting some miles on this summer.

IMG_2802.jpeg

IMG_2800.jpeg

IMG_2799.jpeg

IMG_2798.jpeg

Last edited:
Went to 2 different shows/cruises today. Took the 71 to the evening one and was one of the last to leave. Probably right around 150 cars this evening total. Still have to pinch myself that this is really still February!!
IMG_20240210_191609.jpg

Got the engine out and the stand built. Just need to round up some bolts to mate the engine to the stand.

PXL_20240211_024811614.jpg

Do you have a verdict from post 11319? Im in similar boat just now.
I haven't been back under it yet but I did raise the hood and peek. The RH valve cover is clearly still leaking. So I'll pull it at some point and seal it up. Not sure if I got the others fixed.

I finally got to work switching trom an electric fuel pump to a mechanical one. The grandson is high functioning autistic but still can't stand the sound of the electric pump.

"While I'm there" adding the cam snout extension on the 5.9 Magnum I'm also putting in a FlowKooler water pump, new harmonic balancer, and running a new fuel line.

20240210_162302.jpg

20240210_192812.jpg

Buttoned it up and took it for a drive. Strange not hearing the electric fuel pump! Used the same paint on the new water pump but going to take some time to "blend in".

20240210_192812.jpg

20240211_182004.jpg

I spent time yesterday and part of today cleaning up and putting my lights back together. New headlights and a couple missing bulbs, as well as a couple corroded in their sockets and missing grounds. Worst of all, was a badly twisted brake light switch bracket, it was not even close to the to the brake pedal lever
where it should be. I can't see how it got like that; someone must have really worked at it, because I really had to work at it to get it right.

Last edited:
I just sat and stared at it wondering what to do next. To cold here to do body work

I am prepping the truck for remote start
From what I understand it's all there, it just needs to be connected and someone needs to tell the computer I want it

Should be fun

Taking a break from the cars, but did replace the pump on my used Husky 30 gal compressor with a seized pump I bought a while back for $75. I got it running and used off and for about 2 years. I picked up a pump from Amazon for $200 and swapped it out this morning. Works great now. I looked to see how much someone like that was new this morning $700/750, so it's a good day

Finishing up the Milodon Gear drive install and Cam degree process. Spring is around the corner, need to get this sucker buttoned up and back into my Cuda!
Camdegree1.jpg

Camdegree2.jpg

Put interior back together in the demon,after clear coating the floor and having the Lakewood bar refinished.Installed rug kit and took apart old hurst slapstick shifter and got it working correctly. Trying to keep this old racecar in its original form without changing alot. Then pulled it out of garage for some fresh air...nothing like the smell of cam 2..Rob

20240218_104519.jpg

20240218_104603.jpg

20240218_104532.jpg

20240210_172250.jpg

Always exciting when car parts arrive even though you know exactly what is coming……
IMG_5705.jpeg

Finally thinning out the herd...told bye bye to one of my demons

20240301_105012.jpg

20240228_144627.jpg

-
Back