what color to paint my 67 notch

-

35regal

Reaction score
im thinking about going back to yellow, with black accent peices like the grill surround, and lower rocker accent peices, and black paint on the taillights where the plastic chrome is now, and adding 2 black sport mirrors.or what about sublime green with black accent peices. im adding a 5 inch fiberglass hood also.

im thinking about going back to yellow, with black accent peices like the grill surround, and lower rocker accent peices, and black paint on the taillights where the plastic chrome is now, and adding 2 black sport mirrors.or what about sublime green with black accent peices. im adding a 5 inch fiberglass hood also.

I vote for the yellow and black.

I did my grills in semi gloss black...I think you will like yours that way.

DSCF2421_Medium_.jpg

DSCF2586_Medium_.jpg

I would leave the trim on back in the orig. silver color but that's just me.

DSCF2464_Medium_.jpg

I just don't like the 70s "high impact" colors on the earlier cars, especially the 67-69 Barracudas that happen to be my favorite. I have seen many of them painted with these colors, and they just don't work for me.

I kind of regret not painting my convertible a silver, gun metal gray, or even the original light yellow some times. But it is Viper red, and is very striking in the sun.

Yellow and black is cool, but the black mirrors will stick out like a sore thumb.

Body colored or chrome mirrors much better.

That bright red above looks high impact to me- nice looking vert by the way.

Silver with rear 67 stripe down middle and red interior. Or 68 style red side stripe.

As many of you know, I get excited about yellow cars, esp.....................

Curious Yellow with Painted Steelies

Curious.jpg

Makes Top Bananna look pale.

P8120103.jpg

That is one of the reason I selected Sublime, its good for hiding mistakes and is easy to touch up too.

I like Sublime;

IMG_0810.jpg

NewTires007-1.jpg
i gotta agree, i once told my ex my next car i woul be "going green" she was delighted thinking id gone all enviromentally friendly and was shocked when i pulled up in my 68 notch! was a fiat green when i bought but as the man above says, sublime is the way!!!

Omaha Orange. {I also like the butterscotch paint}
My 67 barracuda will be painted "cool vanilla" with a black 69 stripe. like the color that comes on the newer Chrysler 300's. It's got no mettalics in it so I think I can spray it myself without doing too bad of a job. As noted earlier, white hides a few things. I saved it from being scrapped so I figure I can get creative a bit

If youlike yellow and black you can get creative with the black as I've done on this 72 Dart Swinger.
BTW - colour is off new Suzuki Swift.

DSCF3151.jpg

I'm not a fan of color change in general. My 67 vert was a dirty gold color that I greatly dislike so color change there is a must. If it's original had been anything else I would not change it. Our first 67 notch was spinnaker white with metallic red interior. That's the plan for my vert.
I already have a white vinyl vert top and the red guts here.
I have to admit every time I see a nice metallic near black on a vehicle I'll briefly consider tri-color. What I should do is go ahead and buy the poly white paint. LOL
Good luck with the deciding.

its hard to decide, im only painting it once so ill have to live with it or sell it, im really liking the omaha orange, i found a 1967 cuda on u-tube , to find it------ joes 67 cuda 2

My 69 started out that muddy gold but the kid that had it before my painted it dark green and people seem to really like it. The color seems to fit the time period of the car along with modern taste. REMEMBER that if you go dark most of the world is lighter so dust and dirt shows up like crazy. If i ever change colors again my vote will be a mid shade gray.

What is omaha orange??

its the color that the dart posted on this thread is painted, i found the paint on ebay--omaha orange

-
Back