What did you do to your A body?

-

avarageerod

Reaction score
What did you do to you A body today?

I drove mine about four miles. Doesn't sound like a big deal to most people, but its a huge acomplishment to me. What did you do to yours?

cleaned the 8 3/4 and welded in a bung for quick draining. I also replaced the axle seals and am thinking about working on the dash some more.

I drove her to work for the fourth time this week. It's been smoking hot for this time of year, left the truck at home.

Sure is fun to drive. Gotta love old Mopar V-8 power :cheers:.

I'm about to go out and cut more of the rear inner fenderwells so I can make more progress on the mini tub. I know this is taking me a while, but I ran out of cutting wheels and I don't have much time during the week to work on it.

Re-jetted the carb,took it for a ride got some gas getting it ready for Mopars at the valley..:cheers:

8) around a 20 mile beating 8)

rollin 003.jpg

I took my narrowed 9.25 rear from out of the trunk of my / 6 '71 Duster & took it across town to my house so I can reset the pinion angle & backlash. The pattern is in the middle of the ring gear teeth just not deep enough. Next I plan to get off my lazy *** and weld, sand, and paint the engine compartment.

Very short drive LOL ,backed it outta the garage,turned it around,dusted it off, and set the hood scoop on the hood. Took a couple a pics while trying to decide if I like the look or not.Been working on other projects so the Dart is gathering some dust right now.

dart sept 09 009.JPG

I decided on a color. I am going to go with 2008 Scion xD special edition, Hot Lava Mica paint code 4R8. I am also going to put on black stripes, top, and interior. Then I am going to make custom stickers that say Copper Duster.
Thats about it though.

Busy moving junk out to give away to the needy.Stopped for a minute and we had a nice talk ,then carried on trying to fiureout how to get a freezer up the stairs by myself.She can't lift her end. 8)

After taking my passenger door off and completely apart i found that the door skin i have to replace it is the wrong year. Doh!

The wife says..."I'd like to get my car out for a ride today". No problem, right??? Go to start it and nothing!! The dome lights are bright so juice ain't the problem. OK, jack it up and slide underneath. Just as I thought, the neutral safety switch wire had come off, and of course the bolt is nowhere in sight. Now what size are the threads again??. Right, just take one of every size down there. Did I mention that it is the most unaccessable bolt on the entire car??? Try every bolt until I find the right one, the last one of course!!! Jump in, fires right up, might as well take it for a spin, just to make sure the bolt doesn't come loose again. All is well and she's a happy camper. She says..."It sure is nice to have my own personal mechanic". Yea, that's what I'm here for honey, oh, and to mow the lawn too!!! I'm looking to get paid later!!! Happy motoring all, Geof

Drove around doing a few errands. It's fun seeing people's surprised reactions and smiles when they see Goldie. Stopped by the bookstore and camped out reading car magazines for a while. Next month's issue of that pricey car collector magazine has the story of the '63-'66 Valiant!!

rotate tires, adjust brakes, motor mounts, fuel sending unit, and fixed dents in the trunk

Installed the custom driveshaft, then decided to pull the bottom apart and replace the piston with the top land chipped off. I keep going backwards.

-
Back